maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sick rice coming our way by the end of 2003! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6946)

AMG_POWER 10-31-2002 03:55 AM

Sick rice coming our way by the end of 2003!

Mitsubishi EVO VIII is coming by end of 2003....this cars will be sick all wheel drive, and they are killing m3, m5 in 0-100 and 1/4 i heared!

anyway i think this cars is really reliable and fun to drive even though it's four wheel drive! and easy to mod!

Gamite 10-31-2002 02:02 PM

I heard that these cars arent allowed to be sold commercially in north america due to front crash regulations (front mounted intercooler) Same reason with the Skyline.

1BADBMW 10-31-2002 02:06 PM

what is wrong with (front mounted intercooler) ??:huh?:

Gamite 10-31-2002 02:16 PM

apparently during crash tests, cost comes into a factor, when you have a frontal impact, the cost of the intercooler is too much for small crashes.

Foc us has this theory: The reason why they do this, is to protect the american market, if we could buy skylines and evo lancers, it would tarnish the amercan sales of stangs.. etc..

AMG_POWER 10-31-2002 02:58 PM

No no but they ARE coming in 2003 100% lol so watch out....

tlaselva 10-31-2002 04:54 PM

NA may just slap the cars with heavy duties & imports.
Leave it to the domestics to come out with b/s reasons to heavily penalize the car if it does come here. Those 3 have Billions of dollars invested into there cars, and your guaranteed the won't allow an Asian car to rape there car sales............
Don't expect that car, if it does come here to be cheap.

mkgino 10-31-2002 06:33 PM

Man those things are sh*t fast!!!! They take so easily to mods for quick gains. They remind me of the Subaru WRX, which is the reason I wouldnt buy one, because they are hideously ugly.

M50E30 10-31-2002 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by mkgino
They remind me of the Subaru WRX, which is the reason I wouldnt buy one, because they are hideously ugly.
*no-no*

Now is it ugly?

M50E30 10-31-2002 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this one? *mw*

Autotechnica 10-31-2002 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamite
apparently during crash tests, cost comes into a factor, when you have a frontal impact, the cost of the intercooler is too much for small crashes.

Foc us has this theory: The reason why they do this, is to protect the american market, if we could buy skylines and evo lancers, it would tarnish the amercan sales of stangs.. etc..

Julian I think that was only for the EVO7, that was the main reason it never came to North America. The entire shape of the front end on the EVO 8 had been changed, could be an improvement during crash tests.

Bryan

mkgino 10-31-2002 08:31 PM

Like I said, ugly, I mean how come you think all of the new bmw models are ugly (like the 7 series etc)? Because you have your own personal preference right? Exactly. Look at them, nasty 4 door, with those big mud flaps sticking out the sides and that spoiler..........:puke:

M50E30 10-31-2002 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mkgino
Like I said, ugly, I mean how come you think all of the new bmw models are ugly (like the 7 series etc)? Because you have your own personal preference right? Exactly. Look at them, nasty 4 door, with those big mud flaps sticking out the sides and that spoiler..........:puke:
A) The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap! They are worse than Hondas for Christ sake! At least Hondas don't break down. They (new BMW's) are built for leasing (a concept that they are taking from North American car manufactures)...which means 5 year life span! Look at Rolled_Out's M3 and Bimmer745i's 7. Prime examples.

B) Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly? I'm not to keen on the white WRX's body kit but the blue one shure isn't hard to look at.

And for the on topic discussion...the new Evo's front end looks like Honda Accord! Gimmie an old Evo or a new WRX any day (over these "new" ugly BMW's).

Dave

M50E30 10-31-2002 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by M50E30
The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap!
Also if someone gave me a set of keys to a brand new BMW (and a Ferrari too!) I would sell it before I even sat in it. I would put that money towards a used 911 TT. Ah the old faithfull 911 body and loads of potential for disgusting power! Yummie!

*mw*

Autotechnica 10-31-2002 11:31 PM

Quote:

A) The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap! They are worse than Hondas for Christ sake! At least Hondas don't break down. They (new BMW's) are built for leasing (a concept that they are taking from North American car manufactures)...which means 5 year life span! Look at Rolled_Out's M3 and Bimmer745i's 7. Prime examples.

B) Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly? I'm not to keen on the white WRX's body kit but the blue one shure isn't hard to look at.

And for the on topic discussion...the new Evo's front end looks like Honda Accord! Gimmie an old Evo or a new WRX any day (over these "new" ugly BMW's).

Dave

That was a little harsh wasn't it? There are lots of BMW M3 owners on this board and I'm sure that wasn't very nice. I don't think all the new BMW's are crap. However, I know they are not as good as they use to be. But you must admit their engine's are very technologically advanced, possibly even too advanced for their own good.

I agree that older BMW's look much better and they have a stiffer chassis and more reliable engine. But nothing beats new technology performance wise.

Bryan

mkgino 10-31-2002 11:54 PM

Quote:

Dave

Dude whats the matter with you, your arguing with something that is subjective (i.e a persons personal preference). I dont like WRX's and you dont like new Bimmers, there is no argument. You cant prove me wrong into liking a wrx can you? No, you cant.
Also "Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly" I like 2 doors better than 4 doors, again a personal choice, what I think is ugly, you might find nice and vice versa, geeze.