maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone ever used eurolites? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690)

Lil'Smoothie 01-23-2002 09:58 PM

Anyone ever used eurolites?

any one have any experiences with them? I want some nice halogen bulbs for my E30, anyone ever used these before, do they give that rainbow look from far away. Right now im leaning towards buying the real deal bulbs

Bliss 01-23-2002 10:05 PM

I have eurolites on my car. I have all my turn signals by eurolite and i love them. They don't have that rainbow look, at least the xenon look-alikes don't. I did have them for my headlights on my E36 and they also looked good.

Gamite 01-23-2002 10:22 PM

toucan lights are eurolites, same company.. I use the, I did the 9005 conversion to my low beams, so it looks more white than blue, and much brighter.

The eurolite 9006's actually have less of an output on the road than standard bulbs, but the bluish tint gives it the illusion that the light is brighter when you look directly at it.

cyc 01-23-2002 11:16 PM

I've Eurolite as fog lights. They look pretty good when matched with the xenons. They dun have the rainbow look but they look abit blueish + greenish when lite.

braindamage 01-24-2002 12:34 AM

Mine did not last...

Both of my 9005 blew within three days of each other. Thats only a month after I bought them. :(

Gamite 01-24-2002 12:37 AM

Yea, sometimes you get a bad set, I've had that happen to me too. But I only pay $20 for mine, so I dun care.

djcontra 01-24-2002 11:14 AM

i will never buy eurolites ever again!
i bought a set for my turn singals and they burnt the top so that they looked pink on top and blue on the bottom. I thought it was a bad set so the guy let me try another set and it happened again. I see this happened to other cars as well, they're just not able to handle the heat of running lights.
Believe it or not, as ghetto as it sounds, i'm using regular canadian tire bulbs with magic marker on them coloured blue, and they havent burn out yet. And they look just fine, nobody would know unless i told them....oops =)

(it doesn't work for the interior though, they get too hot)

MPRESION 01-24-2002 12:15 PM

Same thing happened to me with the Eurolites. I had them in both low beam... 3 days after i put them in the left one blew.... more like exploded! Little pieces of blue glass all inside the housing. I had them replaced.... 2 days later, same thing... then the day after on the right side! Pissed me right off! Both headlight housing were replaced because of these stupid bulbs. They were all fogged up as the bulbs left a powdery residue when they burst.

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
i will never buy eurolites ever again!
i bought a set for my turn singals and they burnt the top so that they looked pink on top and blue on the bottom. I thought it was a bad set so the guy let me try another set and it happened again. I see this happened to other cars as well, they're just not able to handle the heat of running lights.
)

ms.tux torsen 01-24-2002 12:30 PM

thanks for the warnings guys!

so guys, wut do you recommend? wut is the next best thing to the real deal :idea:
merci beaucoup *smoke*

djcontra 01-24-2002 12:34 PM

I'm not sure what the better brands are, maybe somebody else can help, or a honda forum might be able to give some good tips. It's probably not worth the money getting PIAA ones. They're just overpriced because of the name.

BTW, where can i meet up with those two lovely azn girls ? =) (man my gf would kill me if she read that heh)

ms.tux torsen 01-24-2002 01:15 PM

thank you djc

i wunt to know the price of the piaa ones. do you have an idea how much those suckers cost?

and oh, as to my gurls, i'll keep them fo mah self. ahaha!
if you really wunna see and meet some, drive up to richmond hill or markham..fridays and week-ends....@ NIGHT for gawd sake.
if you cant find any to your liking, do plan B....get a rub-a-dub at one of many azn massage parlours up there and sure nuff you'll be 'pampered'. tha will do you good.
schwwiiinnng! 8========D

djcontra, if you're below 21, dont do plan B. *no-no*

ThE bRoWn GuY 01-24-2002 02:17 PM

I think PIAA's are around 120 for a pair..

djcontra 01-24-2002 02:48 PM

hah yeah i've been all around all the markham girls before (had a gf up there for 2 years and met lots of her friends behind the scenes....oops...does that make me a bad man? =)

now i'm settled with my current gf, she's out in etobicoke, it's quite a ways out from scarborough, but it's worth it, she's great. Hopefully she'll come to bimmercruize '02.

Bliss 01-24-2002 04:20 PM

i also have eurolites for my fogs right now, and they do match really nicely with my xenons. They look a tad blue up close, but look pretty good imo.