maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other BMW Parts (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   ::.. FS: HID Bulb Pair Only: 9006 Base, 6000K (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66685)

Qube 02-26-2006 12:19 AM

::.. FS: HID Bulb Pair Only: 9006 Base, 6000K
 
::.. FS: HID Bulb Pair Only: 9006 Base, 6000K

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=15830

No problems. Used since November. Bulbs only, no ballast.

Reason to sell: cracked headlight lens, buying halo'd projectors and buying new H1 HID bulbs to fit it.

$80 CAD

slemmer 02-27-2006 10:52 PM

what make are the bulbs (Philips, etc.)?

Qube 02-27-2006 10:55 PM

Cebt. OEM to Toyota.

slemmer 02-27-2006 11:12 PM

got a picture of those bulbs?

Qube 02-27-2006 11:20 PM

No, and probably wont be. Unlike wheels, there isn't the cosmetic or defect visual issue.

Vendor pictures (example):
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HID-12000K-H1-H4-...QQcmdZViewItem

skperformance 02-27-2006 11:55 PM

So they look like the bulbs in the eBay auction ?
Meaning they have wire leads from the bulbs ,also know as McCullough style?
Or are they like the Toyota bulbs you spoke of which have no wires and would have had a metal collar added to the base to fit a 9006 socket from a d2r / d2s ?

Qube 02-27-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skperformance
So they look like the bulbs in the eBay auction ?
Meaning they have wire leads from the bulbs ,also know as McCullough style?
Or are they like the Toyota bulbs you spoke of which have no wires and would have had a metal collar added to the base to fit a 9006 socket from a d2r / d2s ?

Interesting. I never knew that the leads were actually named. Yes, it comes with the 'McCullough' style ends.

skperformance 02-28-2006 12:17 AM

This is what an oem Phillips bulb looks like.
Notice it has no wires and there are 2 types the d2r which has a black line on the glass and d2s for projector headlights.
http://www.xequipped.com/ebay2/newhid3.jpg

The rest of bulbs with wire leads are cheaply made Chinese/Taiwan patent infringement copies of the real things.

Qube 02-28-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skperformance
This is what an oem Phillips bulb looks like.
Notice it has no wires and there are 2 types the d2r which has a black line on the glass and d2s for projector headlights.

The rest of bulbs with wire leads are cheaply made Chinese/Taiwan patent infringement copies of the real things.

Right. Didn't say these are D2R/D2S bulbs...? :confused:

skperformance 02-28-2006 08:39 PM

The copies are also made in d2s and d2r as well not just OEM .
You did say they were oem to Toyota though which they now are obviously not.
thanks

Qube 02-28-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skperformance
The copies are also made in d2s and d2r as well not just OEM .
You did say they were oem to Toyota though which they now are obviously not.
thanks

If you actually took the time to contact the company, you'd find they OEM to Toyota. Not North America. Nor did I say that THESE particular set were OEM to Toyota.

EDIT: Granted, it's out of their mouths as source, and not mine. *shrug*


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.