maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   MUST SEE THIS VIDEO M5 DID Pretty good!!! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6656)

AMG_POWER 10-23-2002 02:00 AM

MUST SEE THIS VIDEO M5 DID Pretty good!!!

http://ieng9.ucsd.edu/~emchang/RS6_vs_M5/limos.rm

Gamite 10-23-2002 02:48 AM

that was pretty cool.. but.. I didnt understand a word what they said.. care to translate? anyone?

Mclarenbenz 10-23-2002 03:21 AM

what a lineup, three freakin monsters sedans, personaly I would take the e55 first and then the m5 and lastly the rs6 only because thats the new chassis e55.

wait let me go check my lottery tickets maybe I can get all three.............nope nothing:(

MP328 10-23-2002 04:01 AM

"AMG e55 with 476hp meets Audis Rs6 with 450hp and the bmw's M5 with 400hp.

the 360m slalom is not for the e55, after 200m the powersteering starts giving up and without stabilty cotnrol it's har for experienced driver to cotnrol the car. the sprint on the other hand shows the e55 at it's best..... 0-100km/h in 4.8 sec. 200 km/h after 14.8 sec. top speed 255 km/h governed. brake test 100-0 in 38m

the rs6 is the best in the slalom becasufe of the all wheel drive. it's even easy to control when the stabilty control is turned off. in the sprint the rs6 is off by the OEM numbers 0-100km/h in 5.5sec . 200km/h in 12 more sec (17.5sec) . top speed 255km/h governed. brake test 100-0 in 37m

on the slalom course the bmw feels good too. always easy to control with ot without stabilty control..... the sprint 0-100km/h the bmw needs 5.3sec with an experienced driver and DSC off. the DSC is taking too much power from the engine. brake test 100-0 in 39m

(skipping the details of the cars. and continue on the track.)

the e55 is on it's limit on the track. the ESP (stability control) is working overtime. without it even an experienced driver has problem going around the track.

the rs6 is like on rail tracks. it's almost immposible to bring it out of shape. thanks to its so called IRC (or something) it has very little body roll.

the bmw also has a setup for the race happy driver. especially the good setup shifter is a lot of fun to play with. a bit understeer when going in and a bit oversteering out of the corners only if the DSC is turned off.

(when the cars are behind each other)

the bmw is an old school race car. (saugmotor dont know what it is in english, whatever sort of engine it is) ..... engine, manual shifter and the chasis(fahrwerk if chasis is not the word) are always fun to drive with or without the electronic help (DSC).

the rs6 has the best brakes, good chasis, steering and good traction, but can not keep up with the other ones.

the e55's engine is the best on the whole car. it's the high speed limousine. but the electronic help is needed really bad. and it's not meant for the race track. "

that's going from the beginning of the movie i just hope some didn't translate it now while i'm still typing it *wave*

mkgino 10-23-2002 04:03 AM

YO that was good, but who won?? It looks like at the end the M5 came in last....but thats not fair because they are comparing two brand new models with an older M5, compare that with the V10 M5 and we will see who owns da road biatch!

tlaselva 10-23-2002 09:13 AM

I can't wait for that new M5! *love*

Gamite 10-23-2002 01:47 PM

Thanks a bunch for translating allen.

ok, from what MP says,

The Benz had the best straigh line speed, and no handling.
The Audi had the best handling, but less straightline speed.
and the M5 was somewhere in the middle, with good handling and good power.

So does that make the M5 the winner since its somewhere in the middle with less flaws? :huh?:

SickFinga 10-23-2002 02:20 PM

well M5 came up as a winner for me
older model, non turbo charged, and still very close to amg
amg has just terrible handling, you can see it on the video, he even lost control.

So Vlad, you should reconsider e55 :D

Gamite 10-23-2002 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SickFinga
well M5 came up as a winner for me
older model, non turbo charged, and still very close to amg
amg has just terrible handling, you can see it on the video, he even lost control.

So Vlad, you should reconsider e55 :D

Yeah, but I doubt he's gonna track his E55.. I wonder what will happen when Dinan slaps a supercharger on the M5..

mkgino 10-23-2002 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamite

Yeah, but I doubt he's gonna track his E55.. I wonder what will happen when Dinan slaps a supercharger on the M5..

When that happens, look out!!! I think that th eM5 is the better overall car, but when the newer one comes out, oh man it will be the ultimate luxury sports sedan out there without a question, plus think if it was a biturbo like the audi?? No one would ever stand a chance!!

mkgino 10-23-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamite

When that happens, look out!!! I think that th eM5 is the better overall car, but when the newer one comes out, oh man it will be the ultimate luxury sports sedan out there without a question, plus think if it was a biturbo like the audi?? No one would ever stand a chance!! Its really how others need to turn to forced induction just to keep up with bmw!*th-up*

AMG_POWER 10-23-2002 04:39 PM

Yo, kleeman has 640hp supercharger....and i don't care about handling....btw finga he dose loose control but that was for a joke i think.... anyway in the straight line....it will kill anyother car:)

Plus i doubt this lame driver didn't put the supsension in the right position there's 3 level suspension...anyway this car will be really comfortable... and killa on tha straight line....that all i need guys!!!

SickFinga 10-23-2002 04:43 PM

well you saw them race, and I wouldn't say e55 killed m5.
e55 is a bit faster I agree, but it is SUPERCHARGED V8 with 76 more hp we are talking about and newer technology.

AMG_POWER 10-23-2002 04:45 PM

But it will be better looking car for sure:)))) LOOL:D *uzi*

SickFinga 10-23-2002 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BiMMer745i
But it will be better looking car for sure:)))) LOOL:D *uzi*
we'll see about that, remember M cars look better than non-M cars.

Just look at bryton 745i, is is sooooooooo sick, not even close to s55