maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So I go to buy jeans... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66067)

BlitzSix 02-14-2006 08:23 PM

So I go to buy jeans...

So I go to Sherway to buy jeans and here are my comments.

1. Abercrombie & Fitch suck ass for pants. I was looking at jeans, and they didn't have ANY normal ones. I'm all for washed out jeans and stuff, whatever looks good you know, but I will NOT pay over a hundred dollars for jeans with holes and spilt paint on them! I'm sorry but that is NOT attractive. I bet if I wear my beater jeans that I use only for working on the car with tons of tears and oil stains I'd fit right in with those guys.

2. Their other pants (kinda like khakis) also look like shit. It's hard to explain over the net but they're all ragged looking and honestly looks like it was picked up for $2 at goodwill and then worn for 10 years by a homeless guy.

2. Hollister is the same shit.

3. Both stores have a ton of hot chicks in the them so it's worth going anyways :)

4. I go to Jean Machine and Buffalo jeans... two different stores that specialize in JEANS ONLY in hope of finding something decent in my size. Well they all have only 34 length jeans. WTF, the store specializes in jeans and only carries one length? Am I the only one who thinks this is retarded? And I'm not going to get my jeans talored.. I'm average height too, 5'8" ish. Shame cause I really liked one of the styles at Buffalo..

I ended up buying some pair in Sporting Life that's 30x32. A bit too big at the waste and a bit too long but it's way too hard to find anything better.

spooner_dee 02-14-2006 08:28 PM

this reminds me of the 80's when the ripped jean style was in, Kids went out and spent like 100-200 dollars for jeans just because they had holes in them.... instead of buying a 20 dollar pair of jeans and wearing them till they had holes....

JUST RETARTED.....

e30_kid89 02-14-2006 08:30 PM

i like wearing dickies for working on the car and for school:)

Understated 02-14-2006 08:48 PM

i agree with ya man...and the sad part is the jeans are SUCH horrible fit and horrible quality (in general). I buy my jeans from the gap(not exactly high end) but VERY good fit for the money(about 70 or so before tax?) Alsot heir not wierd paint spilled styles :) i love the gap...great quality decent prices! can't go wrong imo.....check it out blitz!

e30_kid89 02-14-2006 08:52 PM

oh we talkin bout jeans? i like to buy and wear sean john, rocawear, old navy, shady, akademiks and state property jeans...it juss pisses me off u have to always be on the alert for bootlegs:D

rodo 02-14-2006 09:07 PM

i get mine at American Eagle on sale for 29.99, can't go wrong there

chia 02-14-2006 09:18 PM

a good pair of jeans is worth the money, in my opinion.

e30_kid89 02-14-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chia

i belive that too...up to an certain extent...i seen these bathing ape jeans that r goin for like 369USD:eek: thats just nutz:eek:

BlitzSix 02-14-2006 09:32 PM

That's nothing son, you should check out Holt Renfrew some time for some baller shit.

D&G denim jeans with crystal floral details: $2,200

FastM3 02-14-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chia

Exactly! And you pay for what you get too. If you go to Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, etc. etc. your going to pay for that quality and it's a fair price for what they have too, especially the sale rack. (If that's what your looking for)

I usually sift through Energie's or Diesel's and you'll find really good quality ones that are worth the money. I've even boughten a pair of Dolce & Gabbana (not for the $450 price tag though) and they are the best things I've ever worn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Well they all have only 34 length jeans. WTF, the store specializes in jeans and only carries one length? Am I the only one who thinks this is retarded? And I'm not going to get my jeans talored.. I'm average height too, 5'8" ish.

No it's not retarded since getting them hemmed\tailored is always best to get the perfect fit. Not everyone is the same in height and leg sizes so every jean will fit different no matter what height you think your are.

BlitzSix 02-14-2006 09:40 PM

I have no idea why you guys came here stating that a good pair of jeans is worth the money. I'm pretty sure we all knew that, no one was against buying some nice jeans that cost a decent amount...

Pasta, I'm just wondering, how much would it cost to get them tailored ?

M3Ab 02-14-2006 09:43 PM

[quote=

4. I go to Jean Machine and Buffalo jeans... two different stores that specialize in JEANS ONLY in hope of finding something decent in my size. Well they all have only 34 length jeans. WTF, the store specializes in jeans and only carries one length? Am I the only one who thinks this is retarded? And I'm not going to get my jeans talored.. I'm average height too, 5'8" ish. Shame cause I really liked one of the styles at Buffalo..

.[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me you're not willing to spend the ten bucks it costs to get a pair of jeans tailored?
I agree that it is retarded that they usually only carry the 34 inch length, if you go to Levi's they usually have various lengths. But in general, it saves them lots of money to just have one length, instead of having to make many different lengths.
I'd say my fave jeans for the price and look are: Parasuco, Guess, Buffalo, Levi's and Diesel.

FastM3 02-14-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Pasta, I'm just wondering, how much would it cost to get them tailored ?

I really don't have a clue, me ma knows how to sew! :D Doesn't yours? It's not that hard actually.

Understated 02-14-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta
Exactly! And you pay for what you get too. If you go to Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, etc. etc. your going to pay for that quality and it's a fair price for what they have too, especially the sale rack. (If that's what your looking for)

I usually sift through Energie's or Diesel's and you'll find really good quality ones that are worth the money. I've even boughten a pair of Dolce & Gabbana (not for the $450 price tag though) and they are the best things I've ever worn!

No it's not retarded since getting them hemmed\tailored is always best to get the perfect fit. Not everyone is the same in height and leg sizes so every jean will fit different no matter what height you think your are.

where do you buy your Energie jeans?

FastM3 02-14-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3Ab
I'd say my fave jeans for the price and look are: Parasuco, Guess, Buffalo and Diesel.

I'm sorry but I disagree. The first three you mentioned are horrible for quality/looks v. price. WAY over-priced!
You can always get a good deal on ("last seasons" :rolleyes: ) Diesel's and brands of that nature for the same price as those other stores.