maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Support the Iraqi resistance (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65439)

jstalin 02-03-2006 04:57 PM

Support the Iraqi resistance

Why is it okay to wear shits stating 'support our (US) troops' but frowned upon to support the other (innocent) side?

Food for thought.

Kal 02-03-2006 04:59 PM

who said its not okay?

FastM3 02-03-2006 05:03 PM

I agree with you.
Let's get some shirts made up!

BMetal 02-03-2006 05:04 PM

In the middle east/islamic nations it may well be ok to broadcast support of the other side of the war. In North America people often see themselves as on the U.S. side of the war.

Also, it should be noted that saying you "Support the Troops" does not neccisarily mean you support the WAR itslef or the IDEALS behind it.

The troops have no say in where the war is fought. To support them is to support their willingness to fight for their country.

BMWags 02-03-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
Why is it okay to wear shits stating 'support our (US) troops' but frowned upon to support the other (innocent) side?

Food for thought.

I agree with your view on the customs thing...but come on man Iraqi Resistance?....your clearly looking to cause shit, them killin americans n shit...may i suggest "Support the Iraqi People?"

e36chick 02-03-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWags
I agree with your view on the customs thing...but come on man Iraqi Resistance?....your clearly looking to cause shit, them killin americans n shit...may i suggest "Support the Iraqi People?"

why shouldnt Iraq resist? They dont want Americans invading their country and milking it for oil...no one asked for US interference in Iraqi politics.

if the US is going to play World Police, they are going to make enemies.

Support Iraqi Resistance!!!!

BMWags 02-03-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e36chick
why shouldnt Iraq resist? They dont want Americans invading their country and milking it for oil...no one asked for US interference in Iraqi politics.

if the US is going to play World Police, they are going to make enemies.

Support Iraqi Resistance!!!!

Im just not for anyone killing anyone else, perpetuating the cycle.....resistance nowadays is just wanton killing not really resisting anything. the US should just get the f out (and not really have gotten involved in the first place)

coolhand 02-03-2006 05:57 PM

Support Alkida.

:D

sirex 02-03-2006 06:03 PM

America, **** YEAH

Supporting the resistance is supporting terrorists maybe? I guess this doesn't apply to Iraq, but if you wore a shirt saying support the Afghan Resistance, I dont think Canadians would be to pleased considering we got troops there...

And just like Bmetal said, the troops dont have a say where they want to go. Its not a democracy in the forces. Granted they joined the army, but, if it wasn't for those who did join the army, there would probably be a draft or conscription.

e36chick 02-03-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex
America, **** YEAH

Supporting the resistance is supporting terrorists maybe? I guess this doesn't apply to Iraq, but if you wore a shirt saying support the Afghan Resistance, I dont think Canadians would be to pleased considering we got troops there...

And just like Bmetal said, the troops dont have a say where they want to go. Its not a democracy in the forces. Granted they joined the army, but, if it wasn't for those who did join the army, there would probably be a draft or conscription.

what Afghan terrorists? Bin Laden is Saudi. US' ally.

notjoe 02-03-2006 06:57 PM

you people are stupid.

What do you think would happen if the US packed it up and left today? The country would be in ruins. You think the killing of eachother would stop? It'd get worse.

Did you watch the Iraqi vote? Did you see the people or hear what they had to say? It is a new and bright world for them once they get over these issues currently affecting them. You should have seen how excited they were. You should have seen the turn out of people.

Any Dictatorship is bad. It promotes nothing but genecide, death, poor living conditions for the population. Hell, it even expands to some presidents as well.

I am a jew, i couldnt care about the war and if you ask me it was wrong but you cant just rip apart the country, destroy its infrastructure then walk out on the people and leave them to fend for themselfs.

BMetal 02-03-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex
America, **** YEAH
Granted they joined the army, but, if it wasn't for those who did join the army, there would probably be a draft or conscription.

Which is exactly why people support the troops. These people chose to risk their lives for the sake of the rest of their compatriots, so they don't have to.

Point well taken Sirex.

SickFinga 02-03-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notjoe
you people are stupid.

What do you think would happen if the US packed it up and left today? The country would be in ruins. You think the killing of eachother would stop? It'd get worse.

Did you watch the Iraqi vote? Did you see the people or hear what they had to say? It is a new and bright world for them once they get over these issues currently affecting them. You should have seen how excited they were. You should have seen the turn out of people.

You saw it on American TV.

notjoe 02-03-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickFinga
You saw it on American TV.

So i watch CNN all day. I find it hard to believe that the population as a whole would decline freedom. The vote was an important part of what will be their history, you think people werent happy to go out there and vote?

They also showed stories of how people were scared and thought their vote wasnt going to matter so it isnt like all they showed were iraqis jumping for joy.

They lived in fear then and they live in fear now BUT they have a much better shot at living life without fear with the way things are going then they ever did under Saddam's control.

BMetal 02-03-2006 08:07 PM

A lot of the interview conducted by Non-american news agencies have show that the majority of the population didn't have a real problem with the pre-war society. They didn't see themselves as not being free.