maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   customs officers should carry guns? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65369)

Primus 02-02-2006 11:47 AM

customs officers should carry guns?
 
i am strongly for them carrying guns, they have nothing to protect themselves except a silly metal stick, on average 1 gun a week is found which is not declaird. there have been instances in the past where a gun could have saved lives of officers and citisens,

a guy carrying lots of drugs will see life in prision anyway so why not fight his way through customs?

A~G 02-02-2006 11:55 AM

YES. not anything extreme, maybe a 9mm.

But then again, do they really get assaulted that often?

Maybe just give them BB guns for the intimidation factor :D

Primus 02-02-2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
YES. not anything extreme, maybe a 9mm.

But then again, do they really get assaulted that often?

Maybe just give them BB guns for the intimidation factor :D

ive worked the border for almost a year, and ive come into confict at least once a week with a trucker upset and threatening me. i really truly dont feel i could do much to protect myself if he should turn those words into fists

many people have no respect for border patrol officers, and often our athority is challenged

jstalin 02-02-2006 11:57 AM

A wise man once said:

Quote:

border guards are nothing more than failed cop wannabe sociopaths who aren't fit to operate a pencil let alone a firearm.
Giving these tits guns will just make their ego grow bigger and give them another way for them to abuse their power.

If there's a problem, then they should do what everyone else does, call real cops for help.

Primus 02-02-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
A wise man once said:



Giving these tits guns will just make their ego grow bigger and give them another way for them to abuse their power.

If there's a problem, then they should do what everyone else does, call real cops for help.

right so a guy on the edge pulls his hand gun out and i have time to call the police for help, good thinking,

we dont have ego, no more then a police officer we protect the border from guns drugs and anything that could harm people, and its discusting to see the thanks and respect we get for putting our lives on the line

A~G 02-02-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus
ive worked the border for almost a year, and ive come into confict at least once a week with a trucker upset and threatening me. i really truly dont feel i could do much to protect myself if he should turn those words into fists

many people have no respect for border patrol officers, and often our athority is challenged


Damn... I've gotten threats on the phone (working for the CRA)... I can imagine what you have to deal with daily.

But think about it. If you have guns... they may ridecule you even moreso... the truckers etc know their rights, they'll knwo that unless they actually pull out a weapon you wont' be able to do anything. the verbal abuse will still be there (if not more often) if you have a gun.

But then again, having a gun may spark some thoughts "maybe these guys have more authority than I thought?"

I say why not. nothing big, just something you can carry around in your holster. Just to get the message across.

jstalin 02-02-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus
ive worked the border for almost a year, and ive come into confict at least once a week with a trucker upset and threatening me. i really truly dont feel i could do much to protect myself if he should turn those words into fists

If you can't defend yourself from an unarmed potbellied hillbilly trucker, then maybe this is the wrong career for you. So what, you'd shoot him if you had a gun? You're a class-1 psycho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus
many people have no respect for border patrol officers, and often our athority is challenged

Why should people respect border guards? Most treat people like shit and assume everyone is a criminal, especially the american ones.

What border guards need is customer relations training.

A~G 02-02-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
A wise man once said:



Giving these tits guns will just make their ego grow bigger and give them another way for them to abuse their power.

If there's a problem, then they should do what everyone else does, call real cops for help.


Buddy! these 'tits' at the border probably deal with more shit on a day-to-day basis than Real cops do.

Primus 02-02-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
Damn... I've gotten threats on the phone (working for the CRA)... I can imagine what you have to deal with daily.

But think about it. If you have guns... they may ridecule you even moreso... the truckers etc know their rights, they'll knwo that unless they actually pull out a weapon you wont' be able to do anything. the verbal abuse will still be there (if not more often) if you have a gun.

But then again, having a gun may spark some thoughts "maybe these guys have more authority than I thought?"

I say why not. nothing big, just something you can carry around in your holster. Just to get the message across.

exactly, its not their to intimidate, people verbally abuse police officers, but having the pistol on your hip, will persuade the individual from taking the next step to unleashing his anger, an umarmed man is a lot easier to attack then a man with a gun

jstalin 02-02-2006 12:03 PM

And I'm not saying every border guard is a power hungry cunt, but there are many, and these are the kinds of people that should never go near a gun, let alone carry one for work.

Border guards have gone on for decades w/o being armed and have made out just fine, so why bother changing that now?

A~G 02-02-2006 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
If you can't defend yourself from an unarmed potbellied hillbilly trucker, then maybe this is the wrong career for you. So what, you'd shoot him if you had a gun? You're a class-1 psycho.



Why should people respect border guards? Most treat people like shit and assume everyone is a criminal, especially the american ones.

What border guards need is customer relations training.


Customer relations training!? you've either dealt with the wrong border (U.S) guards, or had a bad cookie on the canadian side.


Its their JOB to suspect everyone. if anything Canada's border patrol are TOO nice... we're redicules worldwide for that. Go to Russia or Poland or Germany... or anywhere else... see if they greet people with a 'smile'

Primus 02-02-2006 12:04 PM

for someone who says they never cross the border, they seem to have quite the opinion,

when you cross, i dont know who the hell you are, im doing my job, treat me with respect and you see the same in return

jstalin 02-02-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
. Go to Russia or Poland or Germany... or anywhere else... see if they greet people with a 'smile'

Actually, I've been to all the above, and fairly recently, and they gave me far less hassle than any american border guard.

I admit, I've yet to have a pleasant border crossing experience, and one in particular where I was detained for 4 hours, fingerprinted and car searched because some bitch border guard was having a bad day and needed to satisfy her ego. I never give anyone any attitude, and respect their job and it's tough and all, but guns will not solve anything. In fact, they'll lead to more problems than anything else.

A~G 02-02-2006 12:08 PM

"border guards are nothing more than failed cop wannabe sociopaths who aren't fit to operate a pencil let alone a firearm. "


Who was this 'wise man' ... lol.. that sounds more like a condominium security guard quote to me :D

Primus 02-02-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
I never give anyone any attitude, and respect their job and it's tough and all,



Quote:

Originally Posted by jstalin
border guards are nothing more than failed cop wannabe sociopaths who aren't fit to operate a pencil let alone a firearm

right, you make so much sense

if she pulled you over there was a reason your not telling us, we dont have authority to pull just anyone over


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015