maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ticket help..... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65279)

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 06:19 PM

ticket help.....

ok....sOOOoo i got my frist speeding ticket during long weeknd last year in the summer*mumble* ....and today was the first notice i received in the mail....but its not a trial date....its an "early resolution appointment notice".....it says i dont have to attend and if i dont i'll get another notice in the mail for a trial date....so should i go to this appointment or should i just wait for a trial date...caus ei heard if your trial date is past a year from the date u received a ticket they usually wave it off...and i got mine the last week of july...any suggestions....or helpful tactics in getting away with this ticket???:idea: i want to avoid having this ticket shown to my insurance company*sad*

propr'one 01-31-2006 06:48 PM

You can have someone fight it for you. I know for a fact that if its been more a year, it will get dropped. Im not sure, however, if just waiting will get you a trial date. I think you have to ask for a trial date. Wait for someone who's car is a bigger heatscore than mine was last summer to answer:D

BigD 01-31-2006 08:23 PM

I'd go to the appointment. The prosecutors have a table of what they are allowed to reduce things to. You walk in, they'll offer their deal to you, if it sounds good (like no points or low enough that you could live with it), take it. Otherwise, say no and next they'll set up a trial date. Not showing up just means an automatic decline of their deal.

A~G 01-31-2006 09:43 PM

Daniela you've been a baad girl. pay your fine.

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
Daniela you've been a baad girl. pay your fine.

whatever...how many tickets have u received:moon: ...dont post on my thread:P !

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
I'd go to the appointment. The prosecutors have a table of what they are allowed to reduce things to. You walk in, they'll offer their deal to you, if it sounds good (like no points or low enough that you could live with it), take it. Otherwise, say no and next they'll set up a trial date. Not showing up just means an automatic decline of their deal.

see i was planning that they would just dismiss the ticket because i heard even though they do reduce the fine or they take away the points...this ticket will still show up with ur insurance company....:(i dont care about the cost...i just dont want the insurance companies to see it

A~G 01-31-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Luv_it*
whatever...how many tickets have u received:moon: ...dont post on my thread:P !

:rolleyes: ... picking WHO up?

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
:rolleyes: ... picking WHO up?

that was one time...and i didnt tell u to go 160 on a 70 dumbass*th-up*

A~G 01-31-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Luv_it*
that was one time...and i didnt tell u to go 160 on a 70 dumbass*th-up*

whhhaaateeverrr.

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 10:07 PM

is it true that even if you have no points the insurance company still increases ur insurance? i've been hearing this alot:confused:

*Luv_it* 01-31-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A~G
whhhaaateeverrr.

ok i asked for help not to be annoyed....shoo cow shoo*no-no*

A~G 01-31-2006 10:09 PM

here's a funny treat! uncle moe's here i am... while you eat.

oh yeah... ok... yeah IF they find out your insurance still goes up. depending on ur insurance company

kidneykill 01-31-2006 10:12 PM

The only way out is to get it thrown out... that is if the cop doesn't show. I know points and xcopper usually use try to get their client's cases rescheduled as the cop can usually only show for the initial trial (where's he/she is bound to show up there for the majority of his/her tickets)... its harder for him/her to make it for a rescheduled trail date (esp. if its just for one ticket). I know people who always bring a friend to the initial trial just in case the cop shows so the friend can ask for a reschedule trial date (as the accuse could not be present).

A~G 01-31-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidneykill
The only way out is to get it thrown out... that is if the cop doesn't show. I know points and xcopper usually use try to get their client's cases rescheduled as the cop can usually only show for the initial trial (where's he/she is bound to show up there for the majority of his/her tickets)... its harder for him/her to make it for a rescheduled trail date (esp. if its just for one ticket). I know people who always bring a friend to the initial trial just in case the cop shows so the friend can ask for a reschedule trial date (as the accuse could not be present).

that used to work... the 'bring a friend thing'.. but now you don't actually see whether the cop shows or not until you're called up.

You're asked to sign in... etc... then the police officer(s) are called in.

kidneykill 01-31-2006 10:15 PM

Remember, if you pay a reduced fine (even with no points) there is still a record of your speeding infraction.