maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mouse Prolems!?!? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64365)

Tommy Boy 01-14-2006 05:58 PM

Mouse Prolems!?!?
 
My girlfriends bro plugged in his ipod nano USP cord into the USP port but his usb cord was fudged up and it turned off the computer, now the computer works but the mouse does not respond, i checked the computer information and it says that the mouse in attached...i was wondering if any one knows what is wrong and what i should do
thanks

Justin e36 01-14-2006 06:27 PM

The USB port might be fried.

try plugging the mouse into another USB port.
try plugging something else into the non-functional USB port.

if you have no USB ports available, but the mouse works, then get a USB > PS/2 adapter for your mouse, and plug it into your PS/2 plug.

AMG_POWER 01-14-2006 07:11 PM

Format C

Tommy Boy 01-14-2006 08:18 PM

FOrmat c? what is that?, i plugged in the video camera and that is not working as well, i am pretty sure the usp port is fried, but it is possible to not fix the usb port and get an adapter for the mouse eh, how much is that?

Gamite 01-14-2006 08:48 PM

do you have more than one USB port? try switching them up.

Jari 01-14-2006 10:08 PM

Damn thats a weird coincidance. My optical mouse quit working today. Doesnt matter which usb port it's plugged into. If I reboot, it lights up and works for maybe 5-10 minutes, and then quits. I finally gave up and plugged in an old serial port mouse. Wonder whats going on....

Gamite 01-14-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jari
Damn thats a weird coincidance. My optical mouse quit working today. Doesnt matter which usb port it's plugged into. If I reboot, it lights up and works for maybe 5-10 minutes, and then quits. I finally gave up and plugged in an old serial port mouse. Wonder whats going on....

its an optical virus. :P

E36er 01-14-2006 11:01 PM

wow same here, my old wireless mouse (with the USB thingy) stoped working, but the port was still alright (as far as i know)

strange

Deep 3.2TL 01-15-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Boy
My girlfriends bro plugged in his ipod nano USP cord into the USP port but his usb cord was fudged up and it turned off the computer, now the computer works but the mouse does not respond, i checked the computer information and it says that the mouse in attached...i was wondering if any one knows what is wrong and what i should do
thanks


Go buy a new notebook for $450...

Deep

WhadUpp 01-15-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Format C



Formatting C is not the answer everytime you get computer troubles.:D

Tommy Boy 01-15-2006 01:09 PM

haha i told my girl friend dad and he flipped...i swear his son always breaks shit lol, but it isnt that big of a deal, right now i gotta use the tab botton and the keyboard to get around the web and it blows.....

sirex 01-15-2006 01:32 PM

you only have 2 usb ports?

dont bother getting a USB to PS2 attachemnt.. that probalby costs 5 $ on its own.. you can buy a mouse for ps2 at that price.

Tommy Boy 01-15-2006 01:44 PM

for a quick fix i think were getting a ps2 mouse, the only thing is my g/f's bro wont be able to put music on his ipod untill the usb port is replaced, how much is it to replace the usb port or to get it fixed....

Justin e36 01-15-2006 01:50 PM

it'll cost around $30 for your local computer store to soldier a new USB port on. Not difficult to do at all.

Deep 3.2TL 01-15-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
it'll cost around $30 for your local computer store to soldier a new USB port on. Not difficult to do at all.


Dude - where do you go to get that done? Our minimum charge is 1/2 hour labour, which is $45... But then again, our techs are certified by IBM, Toshiba, Okidata, Lexmark, HP/Compaq, etc....

Deep


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015