maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone here works for APPLE? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64243)

ZiMMie 01-11-2006 09:22 PM

Anyone here works for APPLE?

jst wonderin if anyone here works for apple or knows someone that works there?

T.Dot_E30 01-11-2006 10:27 PM

why

ZiMMie 01-11-2006 10:27 PM

broke my ipod :( well the HD went on it.

i need to get my ipod warrantied, but previous person that owned it registered it and now apple wat me to chge the ownership to mines before i can get a different one . i emailed the previous who claimed he bought it from tigerdirect (Not) he acutally bought it from a different person on redflagdeals who he cant get in contact with. now am stuck with a broken ipod less then 6 months old which i cant get warrantied. cause i dont have the registration info. i have until sunday before my 6 month full warranty its over so if u can help please do so.

Justin e36 01-12-2006 07:02 AM

... you talk to proprone about this?
wish you told me about this yesterday, i just returned my ipod for $420 which was not warrantied...... or bought from the store. :)

i think replacement HD's are available too, no?

ZiMMie 01-12-2006 08:31 AM

Aprently u dont need any registration info. this Mac Genius prolly thought the ipod was stolen. all i need its a serial # serial number, and the purchase date of your product. Would u call that a discrimination? the guy was tryin to be smart ass.

Justin e36 01-12-2006 08:35 AM

K wait... you don't have the serial #?... why not use the purchase date or receipt from a friend who bought an ipod? .. or return it with a friend's warranty?

For example, if a friend of yours bought an ipod from Future Shop. Return yours in their casing, and get an exchange. You can keep doing this until the warranty is up. They may ask you to show them what's wrong with the ipod.

ZiMMie 01-12-2006 08:50 AM

the ipod do have a serial #. both on the box and the actually ipod. but when the person scanned the serial # he wanted to know who it was registed to. I told him exactly how i obtained it. previous owner didnt know it was registered and he cant get in contact with the other User. but apprently i found out from another forum that its not necceray to get the previous users info.

ZiMMie 01-12-2006 09:36 AM

apple told me, the only reason it cant not be exhanged under warrantied without a recipt its because, he prolly thought that it wasnt mine and i was BS'in him about where i bought the thing.

edit: everything its now fixed. apple took care of me on the phone :) now i jst have to go exchanged it.

Hound 01-12-2006 03:28 PM

*th-up* to apple customer relations i guess :D

mirek 01-12-2006 03:48 PM

probably cause your dark skinned... apple is so racist... :D

Betray 01-12-2006 05:41 PM

its kinda early for a HDD dying

ZiMMie 01-12-2006 05:47 PM

yea it its died. i had it in my car for about a month in the cold with used. batterey was fully charged. when i plug it in to the ac adaptor u hear the HD starving to turn but it jst goes clk clk clk clk clk clk NADA.

e30_kid89 01-12-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiMMie
yea it its died. i had it in my car for about a month in the cold with used. batterey was fully charged. when i plug it in to the ac adaptor u hear the HD starving to turn but it jst goes clk clk clk clk clk clk NADA.

thanks. i will taking out my ipod of my car right now..................................

Darkness95m3 01-12-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiMMie
jst wonderin if anyone here works for apple or knows someone that works there?

Hard drives go for around $79 for a 40Gb.

SebSter 01-13-2006 08:32 PM

umm dunno if someone mentioned this. but buy a new one, replace it with the one you have now in the box, and take it back to them and tell them it doesnt work and you want your money back.