maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   recipes.. what to eat for bodybuilding? (not supplements) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64006)

dave328i 01-07-2006 01:31 PM

recipes.. what to eat for bodybuilding? (not supplements)
 
i want to start putting on some muscle, but i don't know what to eat.

most of the responses are things like "chicken" and "veggies".

ive got lots of chicken breasts, now what can i do with them... if i bake them, they taste extremely bland, and it's too cold to BBQ.

please tell me some recipes (with spices) or ideas on how to cook healthy food and make it taste good too, with variety. thanks!

Understated 01-07-2006 01:33 PM

i'm pretty sure you'll find a in-depth answer int erms of diet in this thread

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...threadid=40431

do a search within the thread for mealplans and whatnot *th-up*

propr'one 01-07-2006 01:41 PM

eat steak. and chicken. and only steak and chicken. always:)

dave328i 01-07-2006 01:42 PM

yes, i have read that entire thread, probably the best thread on max.. however, the extent of the food ideas there consist of protein shake recipes, "chicken", "pasta", and creatine (which i am not hating on.. i think it's great.. but, i'm looking for more specific recipes, which is why i started this thread).

i can't cook worth a shit, so if anyone could help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

once again, just to clarify, i am not looking for this:

breakfast - eggs, toast, cereal, grapefruit juice
snack
lunch - chicken, veggies
snack
dinner - steak, potatoes, veggies


but more for this:

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sweet-and-Sour Tomato Sauce

This tasty chicken recipe gets a boost from a stuffing of fresh herbs, diced ham, and McIntosh apple, along with an interesting Persian-inspired sauce. Garnish this flavorful chicken with fresh thyme and basil sprigs.

INGREDIENTS:
1 small onion, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon saffron
6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1 McIntosh apple, chopped
1 cup cooked country ham, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
SAUTE onion in 2 tablespoons hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add walnuts and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
ADD brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes or until thickened; cool slightly.
PULSE mixture in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times or until smooth; keep warm.
PLACE chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
TOSS together apple, ham, and thyme. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of apple mixture onto each chicken breast; roll up, securing with wooden picks.
HEAT remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until done. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish, if desired.

propr'one 01-07-2006 02:14 PM

You have to be specific. What types of recepies are you looking for. Are you trying to reach ketosis? or just general healthy food recepies

328power 01-07-2006 04:05 PM

start eating beans ( kidney beans ) .... basic stuff really ....

empty a can onto a bakin sheet ( drain and rinse first of course )

put some salt / pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil and put it under the broiler for 20 mins ( mix around once are twice during the broiling )

they should be brown and cracked when complete ... and pretty dry

HIGH in fiber and protein and low in fat. .. Great Snack.... Taste like french fries to me :) add a little ketchup even if you want :)

speedracer525i 01-07-2006 05:18 PM

Put some seasonings on it and then fry it up in a pan. Eat salad, gren leaf and red leaf, not ice berg. Make your own dressing and use and oil with Omega 3 and red wine viniger, put some spices in it. Put the chicken in the salad. Stay away from carbs, some brown rice is good, but only in mid day. Eat dark green vevies they are high in Omega 3. Lots of egg whites no yoke's. Feed the muscle with stuff they like, not twinkies. I ate like this for three month straight and had a trainer at the local gym. Lost 25 lbs and started to bulk up. Afedrine was my friend,good shit great workout's.

Justin e36 01-07-2006 07:03 PM

I'm in a rush right now, have a friend over.. but I've been working on some specific meal plans / recipe's that I'll be posting in the bodybuilding thread shortly.

Before you even consider cooking chicken breasts, do yourself a favor and buy a George Foreman grill, Hamilton Beach, or similar.

Here are some quick'n'easy chicken recipe's:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...312#post511312

Understated 01-07-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 328power
start eating beans ( kidney beans ) .... basic stuff really ....

empty a can onto a bakin sheet ( drain and rinse first of course )

put some salt / pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil and put it under the broiler for 20 mins ( mix around once are twice during the broiling )

they should be brown and cracked when complete ... and pretty dry

HIGH in fiber and protein and low in fat. .. Great Snack.... Taste like french fries to me :) add a little ketchup even if you want :)

yes having a vegetarian mom beans are a huge part of my diet...great for protein as said....and can be relatively tasty if they are prepared right.

black eyed beans are god *th-up*

///eP 01-07-2006 10:45 PM

kidney beans, tuna/salmon, grilled chicken, any green veggies, egg whites, whole wheat bread, and some other foods i cant think of, but the key is if you have a shitty metabolism, eat every 2 hours so you can get your metabolism back and running at full strength; this way you can burn your food alot quicker and keep the fat off. I suggest to strip the fat you got first (cardio- yah it sucks but its the quickest way to get the fat off, dont even hit the treadmill that does nothing. eliptical/arc machine top 2) then start to build muscle its easier this way, and better for your heart. You dont want to lift heavy to start that just gets your heart working overtime.

spooner_dee 01-08-2006 12:24 PM

for chicken, i buy grilled chicken from the store that has about 2 grams of fat in each piece (buy the chicken thats already grilled and cooked and just needs heating, keeps the prep time down to about a half hour for the entire meal).

i put them on a frying pan, heat them on medium high for about 10 min on each side.

at the same time, cook one cup of plain white rice for about 20 min

when chicken is heated through, remove, cut up into small chunks,

next take your favorite salsa. Salsa is very good for you, low in fat and low in calories. put the chicken back in the pan on medium heat. pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken and heat for about 10-15 min or untill salsa and chicken are hot.

drain rice put it on the plate then pour some of the salsa chicken over top and endulge, low fat and filling and f'n good.

I also tend to take tortilla shells (soft shell taco shells) and put the mixture on that and eat it like a boritto. good shit.

i just recently started a diet so im all about cooking low fat meals to drop some fat and tone my self.

King Luis 01-08-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
I'm in a rush right now, have a friend over.. but I've been working on some specific meal plans / recipe's that I'll be posting in the bodybuilding thread shortly.

Before you even consider cooking chicken breasts, do yourself a favor and buy a George Foreman grill, Hamilton Beach, or similar.

Here are some quick'n'easy chicken recipe's:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...312#post511312

so i'm guessing chicken is the way to go:P

dave328i 01-08-2006 04:17 PM

spooner_dee, that sounds awesome, thanks, i will try that

Understated 01-08-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooner_dee
for chicken, i buy grilled chicken from the store that has about 2 grams of fat in each piece (buy the chicken thats already grilled and cooked and just needs heating, keeps the prep time down to about a half hour for the entire meal).

i put them on a frying pan, heat them on medium high for about 10 min on each side.

at the same time, cook one cup of plain white rice for about 20 min

when chicken is heated through, remove, cut up into small chunks,

next take your favorite salsa. Salsa is very good for you, low in fat and low in calories. put the chicken back in the pan on medium heat. pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken and heat for about 10-15 min or untill salsa and chicken are hot.

drain rice put it on the plate then pour some of the salsa chicken over top and endulge, low fat and filling and f'n good.

I also tend to take tortilla shells (soft shell taco shells) and put the mixture on that and eat it like a boritto. good shit.

i just recently started a diet so im all about cooking low fat meals to drop some fat and tone my self.

WTF u just made me drooL!?!?

i'm off to buy tortilla shells and salsa*love*

E36 Power 01-08-2006 10:34 PM

Tuna tuna and tuna


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015