maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Suggestions, and Questions (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   For Sale section should be off limits to kids (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63182)

Ahctuning 12-18-2005 12:40 PM

For Sale section should be off limits to kids

I'm sick and tired of it.

Examples:
If you're placing an ad, be responsible for it until closure.

If you say you have an item that might interest me and you want me to email you and I bite and emailed you but you dont email me back. Wth is that. You just want to know my email address?? Sick person

new_e46 12-18-2005 12:44 PM

yeah, just way too much flamming going on about people's post. It's like when someone don't like the guy's price, all hell break lose!

M3Ab 12-18-2005 12:56 PM

I agree ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. If you don't agree with what a guy is asking, you don't need to comment on it because it is none of your business.

Soldo 12-18-2005 01:03 PM

I agree with you guys for the most part...... I know that some of you have had trouble with some sales (especially M3Ab), and i completely understand why you guys are upset.

However, there are some people that just join the forum and the only time they post is to sell things to fellow max members at outrageous prices!

I think there are ways to go around about it though.... like some of the guys that started selling the new Xboxes, were clearly juicing the fellow community and someone SHOULD step in and just let people know that the price is high, but theres no need to be a dik about it!

BMW_7 12-18-2005 06:23 PM

I think people should appreciate that there is a place free of charge here to sell your stuff locally.. You can always go to Ebay or Bimmerforums or Autotrader where you will get less bullshit when it comes to selling your stuff.

Also since it's a message board and people say their opinions whenever and wherever they feel like it, kinda hard to regulate everything.

I would just ignore the flamers, i mean they are the poor students that are trying to mod their bimmers hehe....

(by the way, I never flame anyone and I don't suport it either if you were wondering)

Justin e36 12-18-2005 06:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We're in the works of revising the rules in the For Sale section to help minimize these negative posts. Ideally, it is up to the buyer to do their research on any product they are interested in purchasing to reach an informed conclusion. The 'Classified Feedback' section is available to assist in this research.

The "For Sale" section is not necessarily a "Bargain Basement Pricing" section. Some members may be looking to make their money back, or perhaps make a profit---there is nothing wrong with this. Everyone needs food on the table. It is up to the buyer to decide if the price is reasonable for them.

Additionally, the "Report Post" http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif option is available. If you find any posts that are hindering your credibility, or the item you're selling, without reason... then use this icon to notify the moderators so we can clean it up. That's what we're here for.

Keep the comments/suggestions coming...
Justin

MV325IS 12-18-2005 07:49 PM

Other things that needs to be mentioned (again) is as follows:

If your are selling items...please make sure you are actually going to sell them before posting. ( comment to selling before posting )

If you have interested buyers follow thru and actually go thru with the sale.

if i agree to buy something from you and its going to take weeks for you to follow up with your responses to your ad's please say so in the original post...(while I'm waiting for your responses it could be holding off a similar purchase from someone else )

Use the feedback section on every transaction to help both the buyer and seller determine if its a worthy sale to get involved in.

And Justin hit the nail on the head...if you don't like the asking price...don't flame...everyone has the right to ask as much or as little as they feel necesary...they own the item...not you !

Just my two cents worth

Soldo 12-19-2005 08:00 AM

Keep in mind some buyers don't know much, and they don't have time to do the reasearch (looking at purchasing various items). So thats why they have the community here to help them. There are some people that do nothing but post overpriced sales hoping for the right buyer (a.k.a. SUCKER) to find.

This is not the case with most sales, but it does happen!

Quack 12-19-2005 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldo
Keep in mind some buyers don't know much, and they don't have time to do the reasearch (looking at purchasing various items). So thats why they have the community here to help them. There are some people that do nothing but post overpriced sales hoping for the right buyer (a.k.a. SUCKER) to find.

This is not the case with most sales, but it does happen!

I totally agree, I caught a new member awhile back trying to sell a used deck for about $320 when you could have bought it new at many places for $250 with warrenty, stuff like that must be watched & notified to potential customers

MV325IS 12-19-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quack
I totally agree, I caught a new member awhile back trying to sell a used deck for about $320 when you could have bought it new at many places for $250 with warrenty, stuff like that must be watched & notified to potential customers

Very valid point...and much appreciated when situations like this occur

ScorpionChick 12-20-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
The "For Sale" section is not necessarily a "Bargain Basement Pricing" section. Some members may be looking to make their money back, or perhaps make a profit---there is nothing wrong with this. Everyone needs food on the table. It is up to the buyer to decide if the price is reasonable for them.

Making a profit is not what the concern is in most cases. Certain things are offered for sale in the Classifieds section of Max as well as many other places like Ebay, Craigslist etc. There are people who probably find it more comfortable buying things on Max just because they know that there is general input from other members who will let them know if something is being sold at ridiculously high prices (or that they are potentially getting ripped off) and vice versa. Sure the item could still be valuable to the purchaser at those high prices despite what others had to say and in this case and in this case, the item will sell.

If a person is completely bashing the sale, it shouldnt' be allowed, but if a person has a general comment that this is a little above normal retail prices or whatever the case may be, there shouldn't be any problems with that. It's just another sign of a helping community.

No one is charged to buy/sell items on here, but people shouldn't take advantage of that. If people don't like any comments then they should take their sale to places like Ebay. Also, the last thing you want someone doing is attaching the Maxbimmer name to something they had bought on here which was overvalued. Sure it doesn't need to happen all the time, but it can happen.

///M-TRD3 12-25-2005 05:09 PM

The section is fine the way it is. Some deals go well, Some deals go sour, thats life.

BlitzSix 12-29-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin e36
Thanks for the suggestion. We're in the works of revising the rules in the For Sale section to help minimize these negative posts. Ideally, it is up to the buyer to do their research on any product they are interested in purchasing to reach an informed conclusion. The 'Classified Feedback' section is available to assist in this research.

Additionally, the "Report Post" http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/imag...ons/report.gif option is available. If you find any posts that are hindering your credibility, or the item you're selling, without reason... then use this icon to notify the moderators so we can clean it up. That's what we're here for.

Keep the comments/suggestions coming...
Justin

Okay, I somewhat disagree...

It's fine if the price isn't bargain basement low, or whatever. But like I don't think this forum should be used for making a profit (MaxSponsors obviously excluded). Max is a community, and should be treated as such... I wouldn't like it if someone bought something I was selling only to flip for a profit on eBay, etc. Like there are exceptions obvoiulsy, if you somehow got a great deal or something then sure sell it for a little more here, but taking advantage of the community and profitting off it without even paying for the sponsor fee isn't very nice IMO.

///M-TRD3 12-29-2005 12:55 AM

Whoa, not to be rude or anything, but that kinda thinking will make for a sad reality in the real world...

[Quote:JustinE36] Everyone needs food on the table

Cant knock the hustle... ha

Axxe 01-01-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Okay, I somewhat disagree...

It's fine if the price isn't bargain basement low, or whatever. But like I don't think this forum should be used for making a profit (MaxSponsors obviously excluded). Max is a community, and should be treated as such... I wouldn't like it if someone bought something I was selling only to flip for a profit on eBay, etc. Like there are exceptions obvoiulsy, if you somehow got a great deal or something then sure sell it for a little more here, but taking advantage of the community and profitting off it without even paying for the sponsor fee isn't very nice IMO.

Yes and no. If I bought something for $80 that is worth $120, then selling it for $120 is fine. As much as i wuv the "community" I am a poor struggling student, and if I can a few pennies without ripping anyone a new one, why not.