maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   quitting your addiction (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61134)

propr'one 11-10-2005 10:33 PM

quitting your addiction

Has anyone here tried to quit smoking?

Im trying to, its only been a day and a half. Im holding up ok so far just seeing if anyone's got any tips. Im using nicorette plus, the 4mg one, takes care of cravings pretty well, although after meals still itches a bit. My doc told me basically there are two threasholds, 3 days and a month.

so, like i was asking. any tips?

now if only they made a patch for german I6's... man that would save me some money.

mirek 11-10-2005 10:37 PM

no tips, when i quit i did it cold turkey... just dont do it, that simple i guess? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by proprone
Has anyone here tried to quit smoking?

Im trying to, its only been a day and a half. Im holding up ok so far just seeing if anyone's got any tips. Im using nicorette plus, the 4mg one, takes care of cravings pretty well, although after meals still itches a bit. My doc told me basically there are two threasholds, 3 days and a month.

so, like i was asking. any tips?

now if only they made a patch for german I6's... man that would save me some money.

propr'one 11-10-2005 10:51 PM

haha, that's a pretty good way*th-up*

erikIS 11-11-2005 12:39 AM

Yo bro,

I quit COLD TURKEY 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was smoking for two years straight... My wife stiill smokes, so she isn't a great help. I even had a urge to have one tonight.. but i just don't think about it and move on to something else.

power to you!

Soldo 11-11-2005 12:50 AM

Smoking, please..... try being addicted to masturbation, now THATS an addiction. I've lost many friends because of this, and i tried to quit ONCE in 8 years, needless to say, that lasted about 37 hours!!

Quack 11-11-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Smoking, please..... try being addicted to masturbation, now THATS an addiction. I've lost many friends because of this, and i tried to quit ONCE in 8 years, needless to say, that lasted about 37 hours!!

^^^ lol :D :D :D

I quit smoking a few years back, I was a heavy smoker for 8 years, when I quit, I just quit, if you have a strong will you'll have no problems

crusher 11-11-2005 08:50 AM

I quit smoking cold turkey too.. The first month is the hardest but if you keep yourself busy you'll simply forget it :) I been smoking for 8 years before I quit.

Razkal 11-11-2005 08:52 AM

I quit smoking as well 5 yrs ago after a 10 yr stint with the ciggies. The way that I did it was I had to go cold turkey. And its not until in your mind you have said that you are done with smoking that it will be effective.

You have to think that its time to get clean, healthy and that cigarettes disgust you. Now when I smell them, I get sick... lol which is a good thing. What I did was quit cold turkey and to combat cravings and keep myself busy I did alot of cardio to flush out toxins and worked out. Other than that I stayed out of bars and clubs for the first few months so that I would not see smokes. When I did go out, I held a straw in my hand to make myself feel like I had one. As funny as it sounds, it worked for me.

In any case, its tough to do but not impossible. Best of Luck with it! Your health and those who care about ya will thank ya ;)

propr'one 11-11-2005 02:42 PM

yeah i've been smoking for 6 years, varying between a pack and two packs a day. Im going on to the 3rd day of smoke free life! i think i can i think i can:D

Also, both me and the previous owner smoked in my 328. Any suggestions for getting the smell out? that'd prolly help...

erikIS 11-12-2005 12:41 AM

oh man, 1 , 2 packs a day???

I had like 4-5 cigs a day at max.... some of you guys must have huge impotency problems. hahaha jokes

Mitch555 11-12-2005 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razkal 320i
I quit smoking as well 5 yrs ago after a 10 yr stint with the ciggies. The way that I did it was I had to go cold turkey. And its not until in your mind you have said that you are done with smoking that it will be effective.

You have to think that its time to get clean, healthy and that cigarettes disgust you. Now when I smell them, I get sick... lol which is a good thing. What I did was quit cold turkey and to combat cravings and keep myself busy I did alot of cardio to flush out toxins and worked out. Other than that I stayed out of bars and clubs for the first few months so that I would not see smokes. When I did go out, I held a straw in my hand to make myself feel like I had one. As funny as it sounds, it worked for me.

In any case, its tough to do but not impossible. Best of Luck with it! Your health and those who care about ya will thank ya ;)

I actually did almost similar. I had something in my mouth like a toothpick or a straw or something to keep my mouth busy. I also quit cold turkey after 7-8 years of smoking. I quit new years 2003. Cig's disgust me now. :puke:

BlitzSix 11-12-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch555
I actually did almost similar. I had something in my mouth like a toothpick or a straw or something to keep my mouth busy.

lol i'm sorry but that made me laugh
:D :D :D

propr'one 11-12-2005 11:10 AM

still going strong. Blitzsix i still need them cartons (not for me, accually.)

(no really their not for me hahaha this sounds retarded.)

Mitch555 11-12-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzSix
lol i'm sorry but that made me laugh
:D :D :D

How did I know that when I wrote that someone would make an immature comment on that? :rolleyes: :)

Quack 11-12-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch555
How did I know that when I wrote that someone would make an immature comment on that? :rolleyes: :)

because you're on MAX..........duh *shiner*