maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   540 vs new Mustang (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58160)

windwagen 09-10-2005 02:34 AM

540 vs new Mustang

Finally, I got a chance to have a go at one of these...two in fact.

Tonight, I was coming from working late in Kitchener. When I was on the 407 East around Hwy 10, cruising at 140, I was quickly passed on both sides by a pair of Mustang convertible GTs. A silver one and a black one. Both had noisy exhausts... I gave chase and caught up quickly. It looked like the 2 Mustangs were travelling together and they kept racing each other over short bursts. When they realized I wanted to play, we tried to set up using all 3 lanes, but it was very difficult to get a clean start with 3 cars never mind 3. I could hear when the Mustangs were going WOT, but by the time I reacted, it was too late. There was no way anyone could hear my quiet 540.

After may attempts, I got one clean run, and stayed neck and neck with the Silver Stang up to 170. When I switched to 4th, the Mustang dropped. I don't think these guys wanted to go any faster. I figured I'd stop at 200 since I had my windsurfer and sail tubes on the roof.

I wonder if my roof was empty, if I would pull the Mustang. I lose about 30% fuel mileage when carrying the Windsurf stuff.

Hound 09-10-2005 05:07 AM

lol sounds fun but im surprised the gear didnt blow off at 200kph lol that must create a lot of drag on the car 30% ill bet! lol they must have thought wtf is this guy doing racing us with sailing stuff on his roof heh priceless. nice run

1BADRIDE 09-10-2005 09:18 AM

Maybe the sailing gear gave a boost? Was the wind behind you? :D :D

myndgone 09-10-2005 11:08 AM

:D :D

Nice!

Darkness95m3 09-10-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwagen
Finally, I got a chance to have a go at one of these...two in fact.

Tonight, I was coming from working late in Kitchener. When I was on the 407 East around Hwy 10, cruising at 140, I was quickly passed on both sides by a pair of Mustang convertible GTs. A silver one and a black one. Both had noisy exhausts... I gave chase and caught up quickly. It looked like the 2 Mustangs were travelling together and they kept racing each other over short bursts. When they realized I wanted to play, we tried to set up using all 3 lanes, but it was very difficult to get a clean start with 3 cars never mind 3. I could hear when the Mustangs were going WOT, but by the time I reacted, it was too late. There was no way anyone could hear my quiet 540.

After may attempts, I got one clean run, and stayed neck and neck with the Silver Stang up to 170. When I switched to 4th, the Mustang dropped. I don't think these guys wanted to go any faster. I figured I'd stop at 200 since I had my windsurfer and sail tubes on the roof.

I wonder if my roof was empty, if I would pull the Mustang. I lose about 30% fuel mileage when carrying the Windsurf stuff.

Great stuff.
I raced one a few weeks back not much to say, however by 3rd gear I had a car lenght on him. By 5th gear I was a car 1.5 - 2 car lenghts ahead.
I don't know how new his car was. I can say 1 thing for sure he was a lousy shifter.

windwagen 09-10-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE
Maybe the sailing gear gave a boost? Was the wind behind you? :D :D

Yeah... I should have pulled over to rig up the sail!

Actually, I wanted to remove the stuff since I was going to be travelling so far to save some gas dough, but I ran out of time.