maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   540 vs WRX (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55360)

windwagen 06-10-2005 07:13 PM

540 vs WRX

On the way home today, Hwy 7 East, I finally get my chance agains the mighty WRX. At first, we both turned onto HWY 7 Left from Markham road. He must've felt my intentions since he lit it up, but funwas over quick because a van cut him off. Next, we are stuck behind some traffic driving side by side, me behind the WRX.

At Wooten way, we are stopped at the lights. When it turns green, the WRX passes the car in front, with me hot behind. I have to back off the throttle, and then lay on it again and pass the WRX. I think it must've been an autobox.

Darkness95m3 06-10-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwagen
On the way home today, Hwy 7 East, I finally get my chance agains the mighty WRX. At first, we both turned onto HWY 7 Left from Markham road. He must've felt my intentions since he lit it up, but funwas over quick because a van cut him off. Next, we are stuck behind some traffic driving side by side, me behind the WRX.

At Wooten way, we are stopped at the lights. When it turns green, the WRX passes the car in front, with me hot behind. I have to back off the throttle, and then lay on it again and pass the WRX. I think it must've been an autobox.

2 in one day. Way to go.

m3polack 06-11-2005 01:45 AM

race one from a stop.. it'd kill you..

youd eventually catch up and pass it.. WRX are dogshit slow frmo rolls..

6speedMaxSE 06-11-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
2 in one day. Way to go.

I like your stories better! *wave*

AMG_POWER 06-11-2005 04:18 AM

WRX has auto?

Darkness95m3 06-11-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
I like your stories better! *wave*

eh? 06-11-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windwagen
At Wooten way...

Wooten Way? Daaaaamn. That's so far east it's almost Quebec. :P

windwagen 06-12-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
2 in one day. Way to go.

Actually, there was a third, but I thought I was getting out of hand. After the WRX, I was heading south on 9th line. Over the 407 bridge, is a long lineup of cars on the left lane, and a single Mark IV Golf GTI (1.8 or VR6??) on the right lane. So I pick the right lane figuring I'll just sail past all the stopped cars. The Golf sees me coming and floors it and switched to the left lane. To give him a chance, I slow down and try to match his speed before getting on it again (lane ends soon). Problably a dumb move, because although I was able to out accelerate, it was close. Next, a sharp right hander into the neighborhood, and the GTI is signalling right too. I want to see if he'll follow me in HOT, but some knob in a Sentra with a long piece of wood sticking out the window turns into the neighborhood in front of us, so I have to brake hard as soon as I finish the turn...party pooper :(

For 6speedMaxSE, After the Volvo ordeal, I went to Cobourg to see a customer. I went to the beach afterwards to check it out and there were tons of hotties out! WTF!!! Too bad it wasn't windy, or else I would have ditched work and went sailing.