maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   pissed off at rogers (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54076)

sirex 05-16-2005 11:11 AM

pissed off at rogers

rogers is the scum of telecomunications in toronto.

I had one question, if you go over the 60 GB limit and they mail you a warning letter, you can still download all the shit you want?
I think I am aproaching 50GB and will probably easily surpass 61, 000 mb within the next few days...
so i figure if im going to go over, mihgt as well go over by at least double....

anyone has exp with this? I called in but my tech "expert" could barely speak English.

also whats with the ****en website internet meter never ****en working? I can never log in properly.

Ryousuke 05-16-2005 11:21 AM

Well rogers internet is crap call in and cancel and get sympatico ... wasn't this discussed here many times and how people were switching over to Sympatico and others

sirex 05-16-2005 11:29 AM

yes.. it was.. im just wondering if any one has gotten a letter and was able to continue downloading

Ryousuke 05-16-2005 11:35 AM

I'm sure people got letters I know for a fact back in the day my friends Rogers got suspended for over usage and he just called and canceled I'm sure they are not joking about letters. Do they suspend your account after you get a letter?

SickFinga 05-16-2005 11:40 AM

Wierd, their internet bandwidth meter always works for me.
But you gotta login between 6am-2am.

I got 10gigs left

AcidSnow 05-16-2005 11:57 AM

I didn't wait to get a letter, I know I go over 60 gig a month, so I just cancelled and went with sympatico, I figured I could put up with the loss of speed. But guess what? MY SPEED FREAKIN' DOUBLED WITH BELL!!!!! I still had my rogers, so I tested both, with rogers i got 900k max download, with Bell I get 2600k !!!! SO **** ROGERS, I've hated them forever, I'm so glad I swithed, and its cheaper too!!

I recommed everybody cancel rogers - they suck.

ps there is also an extreme version of sympatico 4mb download - for $50 month

sirex 05-16-2005 12:03 PM

^^ tahts what im saying..

the only thing im afraid of is this

a) if i go over the 61 gb for my first time they will more then know that I am one of many leechers using there internet.. I am more then certain our names will go onto their lists.. so if they ever start cracking down on warez leechers, our names will be first.. and seeing as how these companies can change there policies how ever they want whenever they want, they could sell us out easily.

b) sickfinga have you gotten a letter yet?

Mikester 05-16-2005 12:50 PM

i hate rogers.... for the past few months my internet has been reeaallly slow. so i called them up now and they told me to do some things in windows and then test my internet connection. so here are the BEST results: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...123/rogers.jpg

wtf, and im paying for the fastest service...
id cancel, but i still want my email

AcidSnow 05-16-2005 01:15 PM

^^
that's what my normal good days looked like, other days I'd barley get past 300k. I've been with rogers over 30 years with my first Cantel AT&T carphone, I've had Rogers highspeed for over 13 years. Now I have nothing other then basic cable with them, and I'm getting rid of that soon too. THEY SUCK, AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

AcidSnow 05-16-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikester
id cancel, but i still want my email

turn on your autoresponder for a month saying what your new email address is, and then cancel.

SickFinga 05-16-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirex

b) sickfinga have you gotten a letter yet?

No, I haven't
Last month I used 59gb, and no letter.
But I got letter from them about 3 years ago though. I was disconnected for a week.(it was my second notice though)

coolhand 05-16-2005 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys are getting jibbed.

Depending on what area you are in will determine what service works the best for you.

Since rogers has a better average speed then Sympatico I'm staying with them. I had problems like you guys before untill everytime I got on my pc and it was slow I called them and complained and asked for a intermitten connection credit. Most techs give it no problem but some are assholes so I just sit there arguing and waiting them out basically pisseing them off untill they give up. Now I get 4.5MB on avarage. :)

SickFinga 05-16-2005 02:11 PM

where was this test done>

coolhand 05-16-2005 02:31 PM

Toast.net

I get the best results off the TOAST.net 1 server.

Mikester 05-16-2005 02:36 PM

what is an intermitten connection credit ?