maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Non-BMW Related (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   FS: Play Station Portable Japanese Value Pack (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51871)

freshyip 04-08-2005 01:33 AM

FS: Play Station Portable Japanese Value Pack

FS: Play Station Portable Japanese Value Pack

BRAND NEW - NEVER USED

Original Box
Original bags
Original Battery 3.6v 1800mAh
Original PSP Headset with Volume, Soundtrack Controller
Original PSP AC Adapter 100w-240w
Original PSP pocket holder
Original PSP Video Game Console [PSP-1000K]
Original PSP-Sony Memory Stick Duo 32MB with little holder
Original PSP Holding Strap
Original PSP Handbook

Original PSP Video Game:
NEEDFORSPEED UNDERGROUND RIVALS (Japanese Version)

This PlayStationPortable is able to play ALL REGION PSP Video Games
This PlayStationPortable Value Pack is FOR SALE AND USE IN JAPAN ONLY

Advantage over North American PSP:
- Can go onto the internet anywhere in the world
- Screen is made by SAMSUNG and have a better quality comparatively

If you are currently in the market for one and done your research you will understand that this offer is a bargain. (seriously no joke :))
SELLING FOR CDN$450 FIRM
Local buyers, pick up @ North York (Yonge St./Finch Ave. Intersection) ONLY

DO NOT PM ME, please reply to this thread ONLY thankyou! *wave*

http://img205.exs.cx/img205/7396/img00019al.jpg

Please contact me @ 647-886-9306 for freshyip, thanks for viewing!

Regards,

freshyip 04-08-2005 04:23 AM

photos:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/i...l?id=2128398471
Login: death_row
Password: moron

correction:
"This PlayStationPortable Value Pack is FOR SALE AND USE IN JAPAN ONLY"

i meant:
This PlayStationPortable Value Pack is the GENUINE JAPANESE VERSION
and yes you can use it OUTSIDE of Japan NO PROBLEM!

Thanks again!

Regards,

mpower1226 04-08-2005 11:36 AM

just out of curiosity, why is the screen made by samsung? doesnt sony make the screen by themselves? as far as I know sony is japanese and samsung is korean and they are rivals.

GR8 Ride 04-08-2005 01:31 PM

Actually, all the U.S. Sony PSP's have the screen made by Samsung; Sony changed from the Sharp screens to the Samsung version because the Samsung unit is cheaper, and supposedly less prone to dead pixels.

The Japanese PSP's are assembled solely in Japan, while the U.S. version is built from partially in Japan, and partially in China (I believe final assembly of Japanese parts takes place in China).

There really is little difference between the Japanese version and the U.S. version; region encoding only applies to the movies on UMD, not any of the games. The value pack does include a 32 MB Memory Stick, plus a soft carrying case, headphones / remote control (wired) etc. So a Japanese version WILL NOT play North American movies on UMD, if that's a concern for you.

It's a fair deal for the price, if you're after all the accessories. From a technical perspective, there is no difference in the units. ALL new Sony PSP's are using the Samsung displays, not just the Japanese versions.

That being said, Sony is apparently not honoring the warranty on ANY PSP's for ANY number of dead pixels. I'm not sure if they've changed this stance in the last couple of weeks, but as of late March, that was their position.

Pat

freshyip 04-08-2005 02:57 PM

Dear GR8 RIDE,

thanks for the reply man! anymore advantages and disadvantages? and YES IT IS A KILLER PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEE *love*

Regards,

freshyip 04-08-2005 07:13 PM

PRICE DROPPED TO CDN$400 GUARNETTEE CHEAPER THAN LOCAL VENDERS *love* *love* *love*

Blackout 04-08-2005 09:42 PM

ill give you $250 you wanna sell it?

218m3 04-08-2005 11:30 PM

i will offer you 350...live on yonge n finch as well

freshyip 04-09-2005 12:43 AM

This Japanese Value Pack have all the other components and accessoreies!

-US version can only watch US movie, Japan version can view japanese, and Eurpean movie.
-Japan version made in Japan, others made in China.
-Japan version can update firmwire to European or US version.
-and also the internet access is to the rest of the world and not just North America.
-i also give you a game

i have checked the price @ Pacific mall and they're selling for
330 (console) + 55 (game) = 385 + tax = CDN$442.75

PLEASE take this for CDN$400, I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!! it is your fate!!! it loves you!!!! she is all yours!!!

freshyip 04-09-2005 06:45 PM

bump price drop to CDN$360

when you buy this you will understand this version is better than the NA version *th-up*

SickFinga 04-09-2005 08:03 PM

What do you mean by
and also the internet access is to the rest of the world and not just North America.
??

PSP uses regular WI-FI standard that i used all over the world.

freshyip 04-09-2005 08:24 PM

got that corrected thanks, price is now 360 please buy it i need money for tuition!

jeremy 04-09-2005 08:32 PM

will this only play jap movies ? will it play regular american movies ?? are the manuals in english ?

freshyip 04-09-2005 08:56 PM

this will play all games, there is no 'regional' games unlike the PS2 *wave*

this version can play japanese movies and european movies (not sure can play US movies or not, but i know US version can ONLY play US movies)

the operating manuals/handbook is in japanese, but i think there are online english manuals/handbooks

please buy it please i need to pay tuition by next week! please buy it within today and tomororw!!!

call me please! 647-886-9306 i'm just sitting at home right now! CDN$360

GR8 Ride 04-10-2005 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickFinga
What do you mean by
and also the internet access is to the rest of the world and not just North America.
??

PSP uses regular WI-FI standard that i used all over the world.

Actually, that's not entirely true. 802.11 spec has different channels (some overlap) for different countries.

Just because something is "WiFi Certified", does not mean it will automatically work in each and every country that you might be travelling in. There are different regulatory bodies for different countries (Industry Canada for example, and the FCC in the U.S.).

In some countries, 2.4 GHz is a licensed band, and WiFi isn't allowed at all there.

$360 is a fair price for a unit imported, but you can buy a North American version cheaper. I can buy a Japanese PSP Value Pack for roughly $2000 HKD in Tsim Sha Tsui, plus each game goes for between 350 and 450 HKD. $360 CDN is a fair price for the unit in that sense.

But plenty of people are selling used / nearly new Sony PSPs that are North American (regiod coded for North American movies) for roughly $300; many for between $250 and $300.

Unfortunately, there is no advantage to the Japanese version over the U.S. version. And you lose the ability to play North American movies (should you ever want to) with the Japanese version.

I might be interested at $300, but that's close to what I'd be topping out at.

Pat