maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   recommend me a place to get my audio fixed! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49903)

MP328 03-05-2005 02:37 PM

recommend me a place to get my audio fixed!

well driving home this morning from charlie my radio just died. well not the radio just the sound died after a hump on the road. so im guessing it's the stock amp finally that gave out.

so i have to fix that now, and the blown rear speakers as well. whats a good place to take the car too. i used to always go to this one guy with a small shop but i think he does too many civics and such. so i dont want him to start ripping everything apart in the back without knowing what he's doing.

so whats a good place to get this done?? anyone??

DIRTY SIXER 03-05-2005 08:28 PM

it could be the amp, but we cant assume in the electronic world. testing needs 2b done. i actually run an installation shop in scar, and no, dont take your bmw to guy who works on "too many civics and such", no offence to him, but as you mentioned he mite not know the ins and outs of bmws... the shop name is safe and sound inst. 4-757-7233,
remember it mite not be the amp.... good luck,.

Slowered318 03-05-2005 08:46 PM

i can prolly fix it

bimmer318ti 03-06-2005 01:03 AM

umm.. I know Big Pete's in Mississuga (dixie and dundas) .. hes been in the audio buss. for over 20 years.. I got my car alarm installed there. Ask to deal with the owner (pete) amazing guy... say Eric send you.. 318ti.

koncise 03-06-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTY SIXER
it could be the amp, but we cant assume in the electronic world. testing needs 2b done. i actually run an installation shop in scar, and no, dont take your bmw to guy who works on "too many civics and such", no offence to him, but as you mentioned he mite not know the ins and outs of bmws... the shop name is safe and sound inst. 4-757-7233,

I've got some work done there (so has jay-mystikal) ... definitly happy with their work.. as i'm pretty sure he is too

MP328 03-06-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koncise
I've got some work done there (so has jay-mystikal) ... definitly happy with their work.. as i'm pretty sure he is too

thats scarborough? gotta see if i wanna drive that far :(

but i dunno i guess it has to be tested. but i have a feeling it's the amp. cuz there is absolutely nothing coming from the speakers. the radio turns on, cd changer works without problems still too u can hear it switch the cd's

btw. what size are the rear speakers??? any tips what i should get there to replace the stocks!

M50E30 03-07-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP328
btw. what size are the rear speakers??? any tips what i should get there to replace the stocks!

http://www.mjmautoinnovations.com/BMW.htm

koncise 03-07-2005 12:13 PM

1992-1998 3 Series 6x8" 6x8"

????????? haha... not even close!!

DIRTY SIXER 03-07-2005 03:25 PM

thx for sharing that website with us, however the spkr sizes are wrong. mp328:
for the 3-series its 5 1/4" all around if u have a factory amp... which u do, talk to you all later, gotta go back to work...

koncise 03-07-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

thx for sharing that website with us, however the spkr sizes are wrong. mp328:
for the 3-series its 5 1/4" all around if u have a factory amp... which u do, talk to you all later, gotta go back to work...

not in my car.. my 92 325i has 5.25" in the kick panels, 3.5" and tweeter in the doors, and 4" + tweeter in the rear

Mystikal 03-07-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Shadi? Mohammed? :confused:

M50E30 03-07-2005 10:59 PM

Sorry for the bad info! *wave* My friend has a car audio shop and he gave me a link before.......I will get off him again.

DIRTY SIXER 03-09-2005 11:01 AM

mohammed actually...
mystikal and koncise, you guys joined in 2002!!! i feel like i'm not worthy being here, anyhow yes some earlier models came with 4" inthe back some with tweeters and some without, but you can still put tweeters there for those who want....
.............so thats you jay? mr. mystikaaaaaaaaaaaal... :D

Mystikal 03-09-2005 12:19 PM

Haha, yeah man. This is where I've been sending all the BMW's from. Glad to see you're on here, I can stop posting your phone number and telling people to call. :D

Blades 03-09-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP328
well driving home this morning from charlie my radio just died. well not the radio just the sound died after a hump on the road. so im guessing it's the stock amp finally that gave out.

so i have to fix that now, and the blown rear speakers as well. whats a good place to take the car too. i used to always go to this one guy with a small shop but i think he does too many civics and such. so i dont want him to start ripping everything apart in the back without knowing what he's doing.

so whats a good place to get this done?? anyone??

If its stock the system u want to fix then i recommend Digi Controls
(905)456-8499

they do a lot of work for dealerships and cars that are having electrical problems and such.

For a pro system I recommend 20Hz in toronto .. they are the best and they treat you good too. www.20hzaudio.com

Dont go to any place in brampton .. they all do low quality jobs like "out of sight" and "peel audio"