maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Trans Program Light (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49235)

Bane 02-21-2005 10:03 PM

Trans Program Light

hey everyone... i got a 1992 525i and my dash displays a message saying trans program + . its something for the transmission but i dunno what...anyone got any ideas???

thanx

touchofclass 02-21-2005 10:14 PM

I remember getting the same light on and the car does not seem to go. Take it to a BMW dealership and they will have a transmission sensor replaced. Just out of interest is your BMW 525 candie apple red?

Bane 02-21-2005 10:35 PM

actually its black.....are u sure its the sensor.... also i wanted to know if there is another place other then the dealership to change it for me. last time i went to the dealership for my brakes, they loosened my drive axel.....those asshole.. the car stopepd at wonderland and i had to call my cousin...im lucky this wasent on the highway

touchofclass 02-22-2005 09:37 PM

There is a really great guy in Oakville near the Go Station. I am not sure what the name of the shop is. You cannot miss it. He will be able to diagnose what the problem is without costing too much.
I take my BMW 740i to BK Motors in Waterloo as I had bad experiences with both Mississauga BMW and Budds. BK Waterloo are the best service department and honest. I trust them.
Regards

Bane 02-22-2005 11:25 PM

same bro.... when i took my car to bmw mississauga, they loosen my drive axel (shaft), when i took it to BUDDS, this Auto TRANS Program light came on... hey do you think you can get me the number to this guy you trust and know?

thanx

GEEE$ 02-23-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchofclass
There is a really great guy in Oakville near the Go Station. I am not sure what the name of the shop is. You cannot miss it. He will be able to diagnose what the problem is without costing too much.
I take my BMW 740i to BK Motors in Waterloo as I had bad experiences with both Mississauga BMW and Budds. BK Waterloo are the best service department and honest. I trust them.
Regards

You are speaking of Cross Avenue Auto, beside the Go Station. Ask for Sammy, he'll take care of you. 905-845-0666

Tell him Grant sent you.

G$

Bane 02-23-2005 07:18 PM

thanx. i will

touchofclass 02-23-2005 11:57 PM

Yup Sammy will take care of you. He is honest and trustworthy :)

Bane 02-24-2005 02:47 PM

is BK Waterloo and Cross Avenue Auto the same place?

touchofclass 02-26-2005 06:51 PM

Nope BK Waterloo is a BMW dealership in Waterloo. Cross Avenue is in Oakville and as GEEE said talk to Sammy. You can't go wrong.

Bane 02-26-2005 09:21 PM

alrite thanx alot guys

touchofclass 02-27-2005 10:00 AM

Just curious when you took the BMW to BUDDS and the Trans Program Light came on after that why did you not raise hell. I have no trust in that dealership and the Service staff. Another way is to call BMW Canada and complain. If you can prove the light was not on before you took it in. I got results from BMW Canada.

Bane 03-04-2005 04:02 PM

they said it as not their problem...

they told me that they had nothing to do with it, which is complete bullshit.

so pretty much nothing got done.

how do i complain to BMW canada?

touchofclass 03-04-2005 07:50 PM

Call BMW Canada and ask for Customer Service. There is a guy called Claude, or someone else. Tell them in no uncertain terms that you took your car in to BUDDS and you had no problems prior to that. Tell them the reason why you took it in and reference your copy of Invoice Number. Request assistance as you are a BMW customer. Tell them you need the problem resolved by BUDDS.