maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   don't street race! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4289)

Dave 325i 07-20-2002 02:34 PM

don't street race!

Maybe some of you have seen this already.

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showth...threadid=50559

Jon@Bimmersport 07-20-2002 03:12 PM

u know, accidents dont only happen on the street...at the track there r some terrable accidents too.

330DTM 07-20-2002 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by E46_lover
u know, accidents dont only happen on the street...at the track there r some terrable accidents too.
That's true, but sometimes it depends what kind of track events you attend.
Such as some Shannonville track events I have attended.

Teutonic lapping days are very controlled and safe.

The first one I attended, which was by Car Wings or something, was a little bit more wild. They allowed passing everywhere on the track. Although it's more exciting, there's the danger of one driver colliding into another. In some ways it sort of induces all drivers to drive even more aggressive and since the driver level varies greatly, well, mixing them is not a great idea, esp. if a newbie tries something aggressive on a more experienced driver.

Street accidents, I think, are a bit more dangerous, because you run into higher chances of hurting the innoncent (i.e. pedestrians, other cars not invovled in the street racing)

Jon@Bimmersport 07-20-2002 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM

That's true, but sometimes it depends what kind of track events you attend.
Such as some Shannonville track events I have attended.

Teutonic lapping days are very controlled and safe.

The first one I attended, which was by Car Wings or something, was a little bit more wild. They allowed passing everywhere on the track. Although it's more exciting, there's the danger of one driver colliding into another. In some ways it sort of induces all drivers to drive even more aggressive and since the driver level varies greatly, well, mixing them is not a great idea, esp. if a newbie tries something aggressive on a more experienced driver.

Street accidents, I think, are a bit more dangerous, because you run into higher chances of hurting the innoncent (i.e. pedestrians, other cars not invovled in the street racing)

mike why are u trying to outsmart me?? hahaha jks bud.....thats tru...but see we r saying that...but i can bet u anymoney on our next cruise there is gonna be a lil racing. but aslong as u have ur limits its not that bad.

330DTM 07-20-2002 04:40 PM

Hahah yeah, I can see a mini-race going on for any future meets. But yeah, partly it does come down to knowing your limits.

'88 325e 07-20-2002 06:10 PM

Oh my god! Someone actually lived! That car is a well built BMW and not a little "Honda Pop Can"! Could you just imagine if it was! :eek:

This is why us maX members must stop racing each other on the cruises. If we want to start racing each other then we should organize lapping days like other forums. In that post only one out of at least three people could have died. Could you imagine if that F-150 was a little Honda with a family in it?

I'm not here to rant and rave my ass off, but when I get my E30 back it is going to the track and shows. The '73 2002 I bought it for daily driving since it is considerably slower. I have realized after I smacked up the Geo that it dosen't take much to get into an accident. And I have this feeling that someone will be seriously hurt or killed in one of our cruises and then people will realize.
*no-no*

Dave

Jon@Bimmersport 07-20-2002 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by '88 325e
Oh my god! Someone actually lived! That car is a well built BMW and not a little "Honda Pop Can"! Could you just imagine if it was! :eek:

This is why us maX members must stop racing each other on the cruises. If we want to start racing each other then we should organize lapping days like other forums. In that post only one out of at least three people could have died. Could you imagine if that F-150 was a little Honda with a family in it?

I'm not here to rant and rave my ass off, but when I get my E30 back it is going to the track and shows. The '73 2002 I bought it for daily driving since it is considerably slower. I have realized after I smacked up the Geo that it dosen't take much to get into an accident. And I have this feeling that someone will be seriously hurt or killed in one of our cruises and then people will realize.
*no-no*
Dave

thats tru dave....thats the only way we will learn but there are many factors that determine what happens in result of a race.

SickFinga 07-20-2002 07:09 PM

omg, someone actually died in it.