maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fast drive to Montreal (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4200)

GladdoM3 07-16-2002 11:46 AM

Fast drive to Montreal

Hey guys..i just got back from a week in Montreal. I had such a kickass time driving there and back ! On the way there i raced a new porsche carrera !:) We started off @ 120km and gave 3 honks of the horn then gunned it :D I pulled ahead about a car and a half within a couple seconds and then i put the sport button on as i was gunning it and continued to pull away from him up to 220km. Then we ran into a couple slower cars on the highway and i took the lead through the cars and blew him away. It took him a little time to catch up and then we gunned it again. this time he got a little jump on me, but by 180 i was slowly passing him and pulling away.
Later on that drive (going to montreal) i ran into 3 bmw 3 series all travelling at a decent rate of speed which were being lead by a 300zx turbo. I pulled upto the 300zx (lowered, rims, exhaust, gauges, fully modded in other words) and i passed him @ 180 then he pulled upto me and we raced from 160ish. we both down shifted within a second of eachother and then gunned it in 4th. I pulled 4th up to 180 then shifted into 5th and continued to accelerate and pulled about 3 car lengths on him. That was a very very quich 300zx:D The 3 series cars tried to keep up but fell behind a little. The 5 of us travelled together for about 45 mins @ over 175km the entire time:D

then on the way back as i am about to get on the highway a new S4 pulled up beside me @ the stop light. We had a pure 2-3 mile OPEN straight away ahead of us. i looked over @ him and he gave me 2 quick revs. It sounded like an aftermarket exhaust and maybe another blot-on mod, but nothing more. So i revved back........and the countdown is on......3 2 1 .....GREEN, i dumped the clutch with sport on and Traction off. I hit a perfect start and pulled ahead of him quickly . I was chirpin the wheels all the way to 4th !! hehehehe. By the time I hit 220 i slowed down to see him about 12 car lenghts behind me :D HE GOT *uzi*
I thought the race was over, but then he flew past me (i was doin about 170 and decellerating) keepin his speed around 200 (at least) for minutes........i let him go , and i just slowed down to around 145ish.
I had such a good time.....on the way back (850km) it took me 5 hours and 22 mins !:D :D
Fun time for all

Jon@Bimmersport 07-16-2002 12:01 PM

wow that is some crazzzzzzy shit!! montreal is a lot of fun in the summer...the gurlz r jus *mw* ...jus watch out for the gay guys.....i remember my buddy thought he saw this hot gurl..it turned out to be a drag queen! :puke:

AMG_POWER 07-16-2002 09:00 PM

hey nice gladdo!

You know what i'm gonna kill ya and your car aipril/may next year hahhaha:)))) it will be a surprise so you better get ready and put some mods on your car (if it helps !) anyway nice kills man....

Leaving tmrw back home, will post some pics of 4.6 guy 5 series there....anyway will keep reading the board have fun all !

P.S Just got letter from BMW on recall on 745i(L) hahaha
it seems they have big problems with this cars..so i will drop it off for a month i will be gone there...it's some engine problems what's goin on with BMWs? anyway PEeeyaaaaaaaaace!

'88 325e 07-16-2002 09:16 PM

Re: Fast drive to Montreal

Quote:

Originally posted by GladdoM3
.....on the way back (850km) it took me 5 hours and 22 mins !:D :D
Fun time for all

Sweet story dude! Nice to see you are enjoying the car! LOL! I did Montreal to Toronto in about 5 hours or so, but in the GEO!

KIRASIR 07-16-2002 10:00 PM

Re: Re: Fast drive to Montreal

Man, I am way ahead of you. 4 hours flat in my GEO . 600clicks

:D

SL

Quote:

Originally posted by '88 325e

Sweet story dude! Nice to see you are enjoying the car! LOL! I did Montreal to Toronto in about 5 hours or so, but in the GEO!

GladdoM3 07-29-2002 10:13 AM

hehehe....my TOTAL trip was 850 km. I also had 2 stops......1 gas, and 1 food....we ate in.....hehehe

notjoe 08-06-2002 07:39 AM

Quote:

hehehe....my TOTAL trip was 850 km. I also had 2 stops......1 gas, and 1 food....we ate in.....hehehe

I went to montreal on a business trip, i had an amazing time!
Beautiful city, beautiful girls, what else could you want?

My trip back took me about 4 hours or so, 1 stop and i still had 1/4 of a tank, and i started from downtown montreal!

My mother who came with me to visit some family out that way wasnt too impressed with the speeds i was doing though.. Had to turn the console lights off so she couldnt see anymore ;)

Joe

GladdoM3 08-06-2002 09:35 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JOE.....way to be all secretive and discreet. hehehehehee..........So i guess with the console lights off....you couldnt really tell the speed you were travelling ??*drunk* *wiggle*

notjoe 08-06-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JOE.....way to be all secretive and discreet. hehehehehee..........So i guess with the console lights off....you couldnt really tell the speed you were travelling ??*drunk* *wiggle*
I was just tired of hearing them bitch and complain ;) I could still see what i was doing since i was right infront on the panel but no one else could see, i was only going like 140-160 all the way. but i guess with their old age and all .... ;)

Polish 08-16-2002 12:06 AM

holy shit!!!, that must have been AMAZING, 3 races in 1 trip, damn that must have been fun as hell*th-up*

tlaselva 08-29-2002 06:24 PM

Glad to see someone who's not afraid to use the M3!
Damn that must have been fun!
Thanks to you there's several cars out there who where bestowed the honor of loosing to a BMW! Way to go. *th-up*

Only go another 1000 k to go before my M3's officially broken in, then let all pompous ricers beware.......

KJ-M3 09-11-2002 12:29 PM

I beat everyone so far:

3 hours 57 minutes from my DRIVEWAY to Downtown Montreal.

This included a Gas/Food/Piss break.

This was done in a 1998 Integra Type-R with 4 people in the car and luggage packed in the trunk.

I ALWAYS time my trips from my driveway to the parking spot at my destination. Some people count the "Highway Travel Time" which is bogus since A LOT of time is spent getting to and from the highway.

I'm looking forward to SMASHING that record with my E46 M3.

GladdoM3 09-16-2002 08:29 AM

That is amazing !!! w0w:D ! It took my an hour to get to montreal on the way back !! I was in sherbrooke area. That time is still amazing ! Did u have a radar detector ?? What time of day were u driving ? How many cops did u see ??

spaz_muffin 09-22-2002 10:51 PM

This might be a stupid question, but are M3 AWD or something? Because unless they are I highly doubt you got a good launch against a lightly modified S4. Just my two cents. Don't get me wrong the M3 is an amazing and dominant car, but S4's are amazing for launching.

GladdoM3 09-23-2002 08:41 AM

Yeah the S4's get amazing launches, but you would be very surprised at how the M3 can get amazing launches due to the limited slip diff. When the tires are warm the M3 sticks to the ground HARD !:D