maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Dumb blonde.... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41310)

///Greco540 09-22-2004 04:49 PM

Dumb blonde....

Just backed out of her parking spot at a local mall without looking. Took my rear bumper, and slightly damaged the quarter panel.

Local dealer says roughly $1500-$2000 in damages. Not large damages, besides the cracked bumper, the panel has scratches and is dented slightly in 2 places.

She came out crying and apologizing telling me he did not look and when she saw me she paniced and couldn't find the brake. It's just a car. The inconvenience is bothering me more than the car itself.

Well at least I can get the body shop to find a reconditioned M bumper with cutouts for quad setup. Looks like I'm gonna start modding again, and might keep the GruppeM after all..... Sorry Quack..

Fern 09-22-2004 05:34 PM

rear bumper

Quad exhaust= no spare tire and major sheetmetal work to undercarriage.

But then, you know that!

I would put a front lip spoiler from an aftermarket company (lots of choices) and m-technic rear w/ driver side m5 exhaust... And call it a day.

Just my $.02

///Greco540 09-22-2004 05:48 PM

Actually its the G-Power Quad for the 540. Exhaust runs to the left side, then secondary out from the muffler running ot the right side out dual tips. No underbody modification, I keep the spare and get that quad look.

The front can wait, and I'm not in a rush either for the muffler.
http://www.g-power.com/bilder_ug/ausp.jpg

Quack 09-22-2004 07:16 PM

sorry to hear Bill, and with the intake it's ok, I'm having some money issues because I'm going to move out in a few days, I'll guess I'm just going to save up money for the ESS S/C, can't wait to see what you'll do next, get pics up soon

///Greco540 09-22-2004 10:30 PM

It'll be a working progress as I do not want to invest alot of money right away. The exhaust will probably come in spring.

As for the ESS bit, I bet you've already found the www.540is.com website?

Quack 09-22-2004 10:37 PM

yup I sure did, he didn't do enough engine work, I'm going to do as much engine work possible before I go ahead and slap that S/C on, I see the problems he's running into, hopefully in the future I will surpass him in power & speed :D

Paul540/m3 09-23-2004 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern
Quad exhaust= no spare tire and major sheetmetal work to undercarriage.

But then, you know that!

Actually I believe Max member Rush did it and he was able to save his spare tire too. But it did take some modification

Quack 09-23-2004 08:40 AM

member Rush did it much differently, he doesn't have a muffler, after the cats he in a dual pipe, each pipe having it's own resonator, so instead of a muffler & resonator, he has no muffler & 2 resonator

Paul540/m3 09-23-2004 09:57 AM

So he only has 1 muffler?
I thougth he had 2 magnaflows

Quack 09-23-2004 01:11 PM

Rush doesn't have any mufflers, he has 2 resonators that's it

///Greco540 09-23-2004 04:30 PM

That's too loud for me. I'll be running stainless Y into a stainless resonator, through stainless tubing to the G-Power muffler (T.U.V. spec, not open spec - not as loud). It will sound like a V8 but less like a mustang at idle, and more like NASCAR at full throttle..

Gamite 09-23-2004 04:46 PM

his car isn't loud at all actually, in fact it sounds like a throaty american V8. pretty cool.

Sorry to hear about your car. But u kno the saying, "when its broke, its time to upgrade"

Rush 09-23-2004 10:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here it is ...
2 Magnaflow resonators so it's not too loud (I don't like loud exhausts)
2 Magnaflow Race mufflers ... spare wheel stays in

Miguel 09-23-2004 11:00 PM

I like Rush's setup better than the G-Power setup personally.

///Greco540 09-24-2004 10:17 AM

I know the design, I saw it on a 528 last year in another forum. I personally find that setup to be a bit loud for my personal tastes though I do not doubt it does scare some people at WOT. My personal issue is that I have 2 young children in the back seat and prefer to have a resonator to a muffler setup than stirctly resonator.

G-Power is made by Scorpion so the sound should just be awesome. I can post links to M5's with G-Power exhausts so you guys can get a taste of it...