maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   painted taillights (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4045)

MP328 07-08-2002 10:15 PM

painted taillights

i wanna paint my taillights like gamite did on his car. just the yellow part paint it red.

so what color do i use? where do i buy it? and some before and after pics?

TNX for the help Gamite!!!!!!!*th-up*

Gamite 07-09-2002 01:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's it on my car.

Gamite 07-09-2002 01:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's it on your car, but IMO, I dont think it looks as good as red/clear because you have that reverse light in there.

Razkal 07-09-2002 08:16 AM

I was thinking the same thing to do my ambers in red. But Gamite said, it looks kinda odd when the reverse light is still white.

I say get the red/clr tails. It took me 2 years to break down to buy them and now that they are on, I wonder why I did not do it sooner!

I can prob get you a good price on them, lemme know.

Gamite 07-09-2002 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Razkal 320i
I was thinking the same thing to do my ambers in red. But Gamite said, it looks kinda odd when the reverse light is still white.

I say get the red/clr tails. It took me 2 years to break down to buy them and now that they are on, I wonder why I did not do it sooner!

I can prob get you a good price on them, lemme know.

Red clear simply looks amazing on E36's IMO.

BMW BMXer 07-09-2002 04:23 PM

isn't it a testors color? Ruby Metal Red flake or something?

Hobby shosp carry testors

MP328 07-09-2002 06:02 PM

i'm really trying not to spend anymore money on the car this year. and 200 bucks for new taillights is still too much right now. i'm still working for the downpayment for the house.

so i still want to do that. u still would like to know what paint u used and where you got it. tnx again.

btw i thought of that too with the reverse light.

i was looking at a VW Jetta today while driving home and they got all red taillights as you know.and the reverse light is just a little bit black so it looks smoked it doesn't stand out too much. so maybe i should do that as well

Gamite 07-09-2002 07:57 PM

Maybe you could just smoke your whole tail light?

MP328 07-09-2002 09:37 PM

don't like it smoked all the way either. like you have it it's perfect.

so again plizzzzzzzzzz what color and where do i get it?

BMW BMXer 07-09-2002 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BMW BMXer
isn't it a testors color? Ruby Metal Red flake or something?

Hobby shosp carry testors

am in invisible??

Its a testors color they spray over (atleast for e30's) you can find testors at hobby stores, or any where they sell models

MP328 07-09-2002 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BMW BMXer

am in invisible??

Its a testors color they spray over (atleast for e30's) you can find testors at hobby stores, or any where they sell models

sorry man, i just didn;t notice it cuz it didnt tell me what iwas looking for.

Gamite 07-09-2002 11:29 PM

I used Folia Tech, its expensive, but the finish came out really shiny.

WASABI 07-10-2002 06:55 AM

hey MP ...

I've got some of that spray to RED-OUT the tail-lights, however, the quality isn't as good as what Gamite used on his car, but results are the same.

It's a transparent candy apple spray that I got a long time ago, PM me if you're interested, the can's probly good for at least 3 more set of lights.

djcontra 07-11-2002 10:02 AM

The stuff gamite used worked out really nice!
i took a real close look at them and almost couldn't tell that they were painted over. Simply beautiful job!

Gamite 07-11-2002 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
The stuff gamite used worked out really nice!
i took a real close look at them and almost couldn't tell that they were painted over. Simply beautiful job!

Thanks man, I pratically used the whole can on it, actually I DID use the whole can.. about 5 light coats of paint. But if you look carefully at night when they are on, you can see some amber from the sides. :(