maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Z series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   M Coupe: Year over year changes (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33406)

wunderkind 04-20-2004 01:44 PM

M Coupe: Year over year changes
 
Hello apart from the big hp jump at 2001 onwards, can some of you M Coupe gurus point out at ny significant changes for each year the M Coupe was in production? Thanks.

crusher 04-20-2004 02:09 PM

wunderkind you need to get one of them mcoupe for sale right now ;) Join the m coupe mafia

99-00 m coupe came with ACS+T
01-02 m coupe came with DSC

S52 has a 3.23 and the S54 has a 3.15

99-00 m coupe torque peeks low
01-02 m coupe torque peeks a little bit higher.. which translate to older m coupe's are more torque jumpy hehe

wunderkind 04-20-2004 02:37 PM

Yeah yeah... i'm contacting the sellers now.
OK... anything else? Updated interior wise? Drivetrain improvements....extra cup holders etc.

crusher 04-20-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wunderkind
Yeah yeah... i'm contacting the sellers now.
OK... anything else? Updated interior wise? Drivetrain improvements....extra cup holders etc.

Ask him to show you the trunk, check for any cracking there.. I believe you already know the diff problem which tends to crack the trunk from too much heavy driving.

Interior are pretty much consistant, old and new has the option of solid black or two tone interior.

Both m coupe comes with power seats..

new m coupe has the gray gauge like the new M3

There's no stock cup holders, those are optional or you can get them from LeatherZ.com for a couple of $

There is no arm rest.. you can get them from leatherz.com too

the transmission is pretty much the same both have 5 speed manual

some M coupe has premium which has sunroof, Cargo Net, and headlight washers..

sunroof only goes up and down :)

Old M coupe's rims are plain chrome which newer M coupes has shadow chrome rims.

Both has the same wheel specs you can plug rims to the older to the new and back :)

both m coupe uses the same oil 10w60 castrol rs

wunderkind 04-20-2004 03:04 PM

so it comes with no cup holders? sweet! more reasons to tell my missus not to bring in bubble tea!
Maybe i'm missing something, how on earth can a differential crack the trunk? it shook so much due to the stress that it kept hitting the floor of the trunk? yikes!
haven't driven an m coupe yet... hopefully soon. but the sounds of it, may be comparable to a 968 that i tried not long ago.

crusher 04-20-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wunderkind
so it comes with no cup holders? sweet! more reasons to tell my missus not to bring in bubble tea!
Maybe i'm missing something, how on earth can a differential crack the trunk? it shook so much due to the stress that it kept hitting the floor of the trunk? yikes!
haven't driven an m coupe yet... hopefully soon. but the sounds of it, may be comparable to a 968 that i tried not long ago.

lol i wouldn't recomend having any kind of drinks while driving *shiner*

the diff mount from the m coupe shares the same as our fellow e30 3series.. the mount doesn't hold up with the added power the m coupe produces which tends to rip apart from the trunk. BMW will in good faith (some documented cases) repair it if your under warranty. You can also just have your personal mechanic weld the bmw oem support kit.

I haven't driven the 968 but i believe the power on those monsters are around 300HP which translates to torque monster heheh..

wunderkind 04-20-2004 04:14 PM

968s are only 240hp. similar to the S52. When I checked it out, my wife asked me "Aren't you checking out a Porsche? What's with this Integra?"

crusher 04-20-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wunderkind
968s are only 240hp. similar to the S52. When I checked it out, my wife asked me "Aren't you checking out a Porsche? What's with this Integra?"
Thats probably the oldest 928 but the S4 is around 300HP

http://www.wolfeden.org/928S4/history.php

I wouldn't mind having of of the 928 *wiggle*

wunderkind 04-20-2004 06:25 PM

yeah those V8 beasts. I always thought the 300hp ones are the GTS version. But I dunno. 928s are a bit too big for my liking. like the M coupe, the smaller 968 is more tossable which is to my liking.

benchmark 04-21-2004 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by crusher
Ask him to show you the trunk, check for any cracking there.. I believe you already know the diff problem which tends to crack the trunk from too much heavy driving.

Interior are pretty much consistant, old and new has the option of solid black or two tone interior.

Both m coupe comes with power seats..

new m coupe has the gray gauge like the new M3

There's no stock cup holders, those are optional or you can get them from LeatherZ.com for a couple of $

There is no arm rest.. you can get them from leatherz.com too

the transmission is pretty much the same both have 5 speed manual

some M coupe has premium which has sunroof, Cargo Net, and headlight washers..

sunroof only goes up and down :)

Old M coupe's rims are plain chrome which newer M coupes has shadow chrome rims.

Both has the same wheel specs you can plug rims to the older to the new and back :)

both m coupe uses the same oil 10w60 castrol rs

actually, the s52 uses regular 5w30 synthetic....the s54 takes the crazy expensive 10w60....

either way, the car will run amazing...i've had(have) both.

check out www.368s.com for more info on the changes by model year under reference section.

crusher 04-23-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by benchmark
actually, the s52 uses regular 5w30 synthetic....the s54 takes the crazy expensive 10w60....

either way, the car will run amazing...i've had(have) both.

check out www.368s.com for more info on the changes by model year under reference section.

cool thx.. i just checked my service record and it does use 5w30 :) that saves me a couple bucks instead of the 10w60 stuff heheh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.