'89 525i For Sale
The odometer says 150K miles, although that's not quite accurate :D (ask me about it).
The engine and drive train are in excellent shape. I spent about $4,000 18 months ago overhauling the engine. Just about everything in the car works well.
The body overall is probably a 7 out of 10. The paint is very good. There is a little bit of rust around the gas filler door, and a couple of the removable rocker panels are rusted. The passenger side front bumper cover and fog light are missing (someone ripped them off, literally).
The interior is in very good shape.
The passenger side rear caliper is shot, and the car will need rear calipers and rotors.
I've got lots of 'extras' with it.
- 8 original BMW aluminum wheels (summer & winter tires)
- a brand new clutch assembly
- extra pads
- oil filters
- air filters
- service indicator reset tool
- extra IC board
- extra coding chip (that's part of my mileage story)
- service manual.
The car is being sold 'as is', and my asking price is $3,000. You can see the car in Mississauga.
pics ? 5 spd ?
please post some pics
what colour is it?
Where abouts in Mississauga are you located?
If pics are available please send them to ...
rips in the interior?
when you say engine overhaul.. what do you mean?
Work done on the 525i
-springs - fine
- shocks - replaced abouttwo years ago
- gas tank and fuel pump replaced about 9-12 months ago
- no oil leaks. Oil pan replaced a couple of years ago.
- thrust arms/control/arms/sway links - the handling of the car is very good, so I assume they're OK
- A/C is perfect. Compressor replaced July 2002; rad replaced before that
-In June, 2002: replaced coil, ignition wires, rotor, cap, all fuel injectors and seals
- muffler, resonator replaced several years ago with OEM parts, and have a lifetime warranty ($13 charge for replacement if needed)
- engine overhaul done in April/02:
- rebuilt head
- oil pump
- fuel pressure regulator
- upper strut bearing
- sway bar links
- head gasket
- piston ring set
Total spent over about 30 months was over $8600. The 'lifetime' exhaust (muffler and resonator) cost about $1,000.
Let me know if you want more info....
:( :( :(
5spd? can u post some pics please?
It's a medium blue. Paint is in excellent condition. And it's a 5 speed. No digital camera, so I can't post pix. But anyone is welcome to come over and see it.....
Wow, now that's tempting...
Other than the rust, I'd almost consider it :P
look under the trim, bottom of the doors, bottom of the fenders... guaranteed there is SOME rust there on every E34.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.