Replica M5 mirrors and dual exhaust ?
1.Is there any Replica (elec. or manual) M5 side mirrors in the market?
2.Do you have any experience about installing M5 dual exhaust outlet? any website?
3.Also I want to know whether E39 M5 fenders are exactly same as other E39s? or a little different like M3 body...
1. Check Ebay.. dont expect much in the way of quality tthough.
2. dont bother. #1 it looks stupid and #2 you cant do it with the gas tank where it is. Look up Eisenmann (SP?) exhausts.
3. all the same except E39 M5 which has the M grill, dont bother with fenders... look into upgrading headlights to 2000+ E39 style w/ angel eyes if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.
if you take out your spare tire well, you'll be able to do a real dual exhaust like the M5, but if you don't take out the spare tire well then forget it, it's not worth, fake dual exhaust system is gay
After I had written this topic, I realised the spare tire well. What about in genuine E46 M3 and E39 M5, don't they have spare tire and tire well? I saw an aftermarket dual exhaust installation in an English BMW magazine but they don't explain the details, spare tire etc....
M3 and M5's don't have spare tire's. They have repair kits instead.
4 ways to do a dual install.
1) Hammer out the psare wheel well and weld custon hangers.
2) Cut and remove old trunk floor pan and replace with M5 trunk floor.
3) Run resonators in place of mufflers and build custom tubing to give the dual M5 look. Very loud and disgusting sound IMO.
4) Save up and buy a real M5.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015