maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Mods Opinions (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29515)

chitown 02-23-2004 09:52 PM

Mods Opinions

Hey guys,

Finally found a co-op placement so going to be making some nice cash and can finally afford a few mods.

What do you all think of this stuff?

* Motronix CAI (Any good? Cheapest I can find...)
* Brullen exhaust system
* All around clears or smoked lenses

For the clears/smoked, my car color is montreal-bleu, a darkish blue and was wondering if smoked would look better than clears?

Jase 02-23-2004 09:56 PM

Do you have any cosmetic mods?or plan on it?

bart320i 02-23-2004 10:01 PM

you should do you suspension. most bang for buck and it makes the car look better*th-up*

thinair 02-23-2004 10:32 PM

An AA Super Charger.:D You get a free cat-back with every purchase*th-up*

Seriously, do what you'll notice most, a short shifter and a clutch stop. Intakes are nice sounding, but they won't really make you faster. You could always just cheap out and just get a K&N/ITG filter and debaffle your airbox. For an exhaust try to find a used one. Get a spring and shock combo to make your car handle better.

There are many ways to mod on a budget. Personally I'm a huge fan of buying used parts, or new parts on group buys. I think the majority of everything I've bought up till now has either been used or group buy purchases.

bart320i 02-24-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thinair
An AA Super Charger.:D You get a free cat-back with every purchase*th-up*

Seriously, do what you'll notice most, a short shifter and a clutch stop. Intakes are nice sounding, but they won't really make you faster. You could always just cheap out and just get a K&N/ITG filter and debaffle your airbox. For an exhaust try to find a used one. Get a spring and shock combo to make your car handle better.

There are many ways to mod on a budget. Personally I'm a huge fan of buying used parts, or new parts on group buys. I think the majority of everything I've bought up till now has either been used or group buy purchases.

haha, thinair and me are the same. I never paid retail on anything except my tires

Mystikal 02-24-2004 01:03 AM

Suspension Suspension Suspension

chitown 02-24-2004 05:04 AM

Right now I kind of want sound, I think intake/exhaust is pretty much that. Only cosmetic I could probably afford now are clear or smoked lenses.

Don't want to lower the car for insurance purposes...also for some reason people think my car is lowered already, but it's not :)

Jase 02-24-2004 05:49 AM

how would lowering a car be a insurance issue?

chitown 02-24-2004 05:57 AM

My insurance co (Statefarm) says if I lower the car I won't be covered at all in case of an accident or whatever.

thinair 02-24-2004 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chitown
My insurance co (Statefarm) says if I lower the car I won't be covered at all in case of an accident or whatever.
Yeah, state farm sucks, they're cancelling everyone for the stupidest things now:mad:

Powerslide 02-25-2004 06:38 AM

could be worse- you could be subject to ICBC in BC. My insurance is 2800$ a year with a discount!! Sound familiar?

JazzM 02-25-2004 03:18 PM

I've got a 2.8 as well (z3). I went the route of the 2.8 cam kit (M3 cams and M50 manifold). With proper software, CAI and exhaust you can gain around 40 hp at the wheels!

T.