maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ha..raced my Friend on 4.6... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795)

AMG_POWER 05-08-2002 02:40 PM

Ha..raced my Friend on 4.6...

from the start..he wasnt even close....*uzi* :moon: *wave* *th-up*

Gamite 05-08-2002 03:22 PM

X5? that car is mostly torque though isnt it?

AMG_POWER 05-09-2002 11:54 AM

Oh yeah..it's pretty fast.....

340hp

EMPOWERD 05-12-2002 02:52 AM

Tell your friend to give me the keys to that 4.6is... I'll make it go good!

P.S. what do you do for a living? how old are you? ...and lets see some pics of your car.

330DTM 05-12-2002 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by empowerd

P.S. what do you do for a living? how old are you? ...and lets see some pics of your car.

Haha show him how it's done Randy!

Dam you crack me up!

GR8 Ride 05-12-2002 04:17 PM

Quote:

What?? I'm shocked!! You don't believe him? ;) ;)

got torque? 05-12-2002 07:02 PM

I'm with Randy and Pat- it's time for 745i to post a pic of his uber-sedan....

I smell fish....or worse.....

SickFinga 05-12-2002 07:44 PM

he is 19 and I saw him driving 745i.
nothing fishy here.

KIRASIR 05-12-2002 07:45 PM

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...&threadid=2655

Quote:

Originally posted by got torque?
I'm with Randy and Pat- it's time for 745i to post a pic of his uber-sedan....

I smell fish....or worse.....

GR8 Ride 05-12-2002 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SickFinga
he is 19 and I saw him driving 745i.
nothing fishy here.

So, paid for by mommy and daddy's money then....or it's simply Dad's car anyhow....

What 19 year can afford a $100,000+ car, much less would buy one, given the other choices (M5, M3 etc)?

Pat

SickFinga 05-13-2002 12:01 AM

he lives here with brother.
Parents are not here.
What's the problem if parents buy car for you?
Maybe he deserved it.
I would be just happy if my parents helped me out.
I bought my car with my money not a single cent from my parents. Yes I'm proud of that, but I wouldn't have any problem if my parents bought me a car.
I'm pretty sure that more than a half car owners here got their car with parents help.

EMPOWERD 05-13-2002 12:28 AM

You appreciate a car more when you worked hard for it... this is a fact and I don't care what anyone says. You tend to not take stupid chances and get into accidents because the value of the car is more than monetary. Nothing's wrong with Daddy buying junior a car for finally bringing home a B- on his report card, just don't rub it in people's face 'cause not everyone's fed with a silver spoon.

SickFinga 05-13-2002 12:31 AM

Quote:

You appreciate a car more when you worked hard for it...

yeah that's true.

Autotechnica 05-13-2002 12:52 AM

Quote:

You appreciate a car more when you worked hard for it... this is a fact and I don't care what anyone says. You tend to not take stupid chances and get into accidents because the value of the car is more than monetary. Nothing's wrong with Daddy buying junior a car for finally bringing home a B- on his report card, just don't rub it in people's face 'cause not everyone's fed with a silver spoon.
Well put Randy. I hate kids that drive around so proud of their beatiful cars and look down on you when infact their daddy's or mommy's bought it for them. I always see these type of beatiful cars on the road driven by pure morons. Just go to first markham place. Tonnes of S2000's obviously purchased by kids parents w/ dented bumpers, cracked lenses, chipped wheels, etc etc.

I've been saving every penny I earn on my car. Also, if your parents give you the money, you didn't earn it!!! Its still your parents money.

Bryan

mike125k 05-13-2002 01:26 AM

my parents "gave" me my first car when i was 16, but i hardly call that spoiling me. it was my dads old 1985 chevy pickup. rusted all out and worth about $500. and my BMW i have now i bought with all my own hard earned money. i have rich friends who get brand new cars from daddy and it makes me sick to watch them destroy them because they have no idea what its like to actually pay for something. you have no concept of money if you just get stuff given to you. i dont hate rich people who earn their money, i hate the ones who fall ass backwards into it and then flaunt it all. no kid deserves a 100K car, especially when they are a teenager. just my $0.02