maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bungle is leaving BMW???I Wish he will! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27167)

AMG_POWER 01-15-2004 05:32 AM

Bungle is leaving BMW???I Wish he will!

here what red on the roadfly....i dont know if it's true or not....

BANGLE ON HIS WAY OUT
It looks as though the controversial relationship between BMW and its chief designer,Chris Bangle,could be coming to the end of the road,Auto Express can exclusively reveal.

While the flamboyant stylists radical remake of the German company's range has divided opinion across the car world,BMW has remained fiercely loyal to him.Now however there are rumours that the American,whom we interviewed exclusively back in issue 773,will step down from the hot seat in less than a years time.
According to our source at BMW HQ in Munich,word has it that Bangle will stay for the Global launch of the 1 Series this autumn,before declaring that his daring brand rethink is complete and that the time has come for a new design boss to take over.

The last two paragraphs read:-
The fact that Bangle's far reaching overhaul of BMW's family identity is now nearly complete is not the only sign that the Americans influence in the boardroom is slipping.Our spies have told us that re-engineered and facelifted X5 was originaly destined to sport a new nose with radically angled headlamps,not unlike those fitted to the new 5 series.
One insider said he saw the finnished model 2 years ago,but by the time the car was unveiled at last Septembers Frankfurt Motor Show the adventurous look had been mysteriously dropped in favour of a more conservative style.This suggested that some in the BMW hierarchy aren't happy.
now a revamped 7 series has reportedly suffered the same fate.The car was expected to adopt new headlamps and a revised tail.And even though a prototype was seen running last spring,the model has yet to be launched.
(sorry my scanner is out of action)

here's the acctual post

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...4488747&page=1

Gamite 01-15-2004 06:11 AM

Too good to be true??? Looks like some execs in BMW needed a swift kick in the ass, like, dropping sales due to UGLY CARS!

SickFinga 01-15-2004 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamite
Too good to be true??? Looks like some execs in BMW needed a swift kick in the ass, like, dropping sales due to UGLY CARS!
Julian, wasup with you?
in one thread you like new cars, in another you hate them.
well lets review bangles work

E38 vs E65
Well I cant say E65 looks better, not E65 is what 7 series suppose to be, E38 looked way to sporty for a big luxury car.

E39 vs E60
Id take E60

Z3 vs Z4
Never like Z3/M Roadster, so Z4 without a doubt.

6 series, i dunno, not a fan of it from the pictures, gotta see in person.

E46 vs E90
If the pics are correct, FUK E46.

X5 looks amazing too.

So I honestly dont know waht you are talking about here.

Slowered318 01-15-2004 06:29 AM

i'll take his job..

and yes... there will be a re-release of the E30 M3

crazyvadim 01-15-2004 06:31 AM

Everythings good with the designs,its just the I-Drive gotta go!

SickFinga 01-15-2004 06:45 AM

Wasup with i-Drive?
I think it was a really good idea.
Dont Mercedes and Audi got i-Drive type of thing on their new cars?

crazyvadim 01-15-2004 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SickFinga
Wasup with i-Drive?
I think it was a really good idea.
Dont Mercedes and Audi got i-Drive type of thing on their new cars?

Everybody complains about it and BMWs response was "get used to it".Audo and Mercedes?? i dont know,i dont think they have anything thats similiar to the I-Drive.

BTW,whats a bungle??:confused:

SickFinga 01-15-2004 07:20 AM

Well the problem with i-Drive is that people that can afford 7 series are not really new "technology friendly"

Audi A8
Notice the joystick, similar to the iDrive, isnt it?
http://216.117.199.231/Audi-A8L/Audi-A8L-014.jpg

crazyvadim 01-15-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Well the problem with i-Drive is that people that can afford 7 series are not really new "technology friendly"

Audi A8
Notice the joystick, similar to the iDrive, isnt it?
http://216.117.199.231/Audi-A8L/Audi-A8L-014.jpg

Im not into the new technology either,i like the basic stuff.I dont know if thats something similiar to the I-drive or not but atleast it got a shifter unlike the 7.Thats the new A8 right??

EDIT:That knob is for the blacklit color display."Backlit instrument cluster with automatic brightness control including tachometer, electronic speedometer, odometer, voltmeter, digital clock with date, service interval indicator; fuel, coolant and oil temperature gauges"

hows that similiar to the I-Drive??

King Luis 01-15-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slowered318
i'll take his job..

and yes... there will be a re-release of the E30 M3

i wish they would re-release the E30 M3 i would so buy one in a heart beat. BEST BMW EVER imo

SickFinga 01-15-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazyvadim
EDIT:That knob is for the blacklit color display."Backlit instrument cluster with automatic brightness control including tachometer, electronic speedometer, odometer, voltmeter, digital clock with date, service interval indicator; fuel, coolant and oil temperature gauges"

hows that similiar to the I-Drive??

huh??
im talking about the one which is near the shifter

What difference does it make where the shifter is?
Well sometimes it does(like on Civic SiR)but it is not like it is in some awkward place

Gamite 01-15-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Julian, wasup with you?
in one thread you like new cars, in another you hate them.
well lets review bangles work

E38 vs E65
Well I cant say E65 looks better, not E65 is what 7 series suppose to be, E38 looked way to sporty for a big luxury car.

E39 vs E60
Id take E60

Z3 vs Z4
Never like Z3/M Roadster, so Z4 without a doubt.

6 series, i dunno, not a fan of it from the pictures, gotta see in person.

E46 vs E90
If the pics are correct, FUK E46.

X5 looks amazing too.

So I honestly dont know waht you are talking about here.

I don't like 7 or 5. I like the coupes, but that's it.

AMG_POWER 01-15-2004 07:50 PM

DUnno i loved the 7 and all the features and the look of it, if it wasnt breaking every friday i would keep it.... i miss it:( maybe i should buy another one?:)

but the 5 yeah i dont like it either, interrior is horrible!!!

Gamite 01-15-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AMG_POWER
DUnno i loved the 7 and all the features and the look of it, if it wasnt breaking every friday i would keep it.... i miss it:( maybe i should buy another one?:)

but the 5 yeah i dont like it either, interrior is horrible!!!

hehe, I was talking to one of the service guys at BMW Toronto, and I asked him:

"do the 7's have lots of problems?"

His reply:

"TONS!!"

AMG_POWER 01-15-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gamite
hehe, I was talking to one of the service guys at BMW Toronto, and I asked him:

"do the 7's have lots of problems?"

His reply:

"TONS!!"

Yeah that guy who i sold my 7 was at the service few times already...maybe more than few lol:D