maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trackdays (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25)

M3Pilot 12-09-2001 01:53 PM

Trackdays

Wow first ever post in a forum I just couldn't resist:D

So who has ever done a trackday in there own car?
I am very tempted to do one next year. I when to one recently and blagged a lift round in a modded Mitsubishi lancer Evo 6 !!!
I don't think you guys get them over there but what car we was just about overtaking everything out there!
And the brakes on this car were awesome the best brakes that i ever experianced.
But if it worth the risk as at another track day I was at recently there was a written off 911 turbo and a Scooby P1 that rolled 3 times when he hit the gravel sideways, and it's stuff like this that puts me off a bit, but I guess you just got to take it easy and know your limits!

Bliss 12-09-2001 03:45 PM

LOL M3Pilot. You should get some free stickers for being the first one up, haha. ;) I never put my own car on the track, but i went with Randy (the guy in the first video)the first time to see some apexing and how it was done, and it was soooo cool. He took me for a ride with him around the pile-ons...and i couldn't take my smile off my face. It was really nice. I'm going to be tracking the car next year for sure. Randy convinced me...and some of my firends to go.:)

M3Pilot 12-09-2001 06:36 PM

Yeah I was smiling like hell the next day too:D
I've seen Randys car in a few of the mags, as it seems the we have all the best BMW and performance mags over here in the UK that all you guys seem to read LOL
That is one hell of a car, he has spent some serious$$$% on that but it looks so good I wish I could get a ride in it as well !

Trackdays seem like alot of fun

Bliss 12-10-2001 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROB89M3
I Do and I don't wanna track my car..I wanna track it cuz I wanna see the car's limits..I don't wanna track it cuz I don't wanna ruin the car!!:( :confused: Decisions , decisions...Ok I made up my mind..I'm gonna track it!! MOSPORT HERE I COME!!!
HAHAHA! thats the same thing i was and i think i still am going thru.:huh?: I'm pretty sure im gonna do it though, my cars got only 7000kms, but i dont care, gotta do it. 80%yes and 20%no in my mind.:D

Bliss 12-10-2001 10:30 PM

Done deal!:)

Kaisake 12-11-2001 04:24 AM

I have tracked my car. ;)

Marita 12-11-2001 12:12 PM

tracking a car is fun...my first experience was in a passenger seat in the X5 at willowsprings...during euroturnerfest :D

Bliss 12-11-2001 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Marita
tracking a car is fun...my first experience was in a passenger seat in the X5 at willowsprings...during euroturnerfest :D
X5? How was it? how was the body role on that thing??

Marita 12-11-2001 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bliss

X5? How was it? how was the body role on that thing??

it was fun...they told us to go like 55mph for safety reasons...and of course we were holding up the train...so 4 people passed us...so they got black flagged...lol:D

but it was freezing cold...like 47degrees (according to the temperature in the BMW) and like 30mph winds!!! brrrr

M3Pilot 12-11-2001 05:04 PM

I'm with you guys do I don't I??????
Well I got an E30 M3 that was born for the track so i would be a bit of a waste to not let it loose at lest once in it's proper enviorment :)
Yep I think it's got to be done!!!!

Kaisake 12-11-2001 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M3Pilot
I'm with you guys do I don't I??????
Yep I think it's got to be done!!!!

Do it!!! :D

Marita 12-11-2001 10:21 PM

i second that!!! :D

azn330i 12-11-2001 10:51 PM

if there's a third..........i will then fourth it!!!!!

Marita 12-11-2001 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROB89M3
I third that!!

(does that make sense?) "third that".:D

no but it does now...:)

GR8 Ride 12-13-2001 09:25 PM

Track days...

Actually, I have a custom built, dedicated track car. In fact, I rarely drive the car on the street (it's a little bit of a PITA to get in and out of...).

I probably do upwards of 30 track days per year...and I'm thinking of going to Sebring in January with a bunch of BMW Club members.

Pat