maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shipping Engine from Germany ??? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24154)

BMWF1 11-12-2003 12:21 AM

Shipping Engine from Germany ???
 
I was thinking about this all day today, and finally think I came up with a loop hole, Now I know you cannot ship a German M3 over hear(atleast not a newer one) BUT would it be possible to ship the engine over??? anyone know how much it would cost to ship a engine from germany to canada, I have a uncle who owns a VW dealership over there so he can find me a engine i am just wondering if I can do it?? Cause I think i've found the loop hole to get me a M3 EVO ENGINE

Jon@Bimmersport 11-12-2003 12:40 AM

i can find out you one from the states i found a few already..let me know..

windsor318is 11-12-2003 01:06 AM

gregg if you go to bimmerforums, theres always one on there, its 7500 US with tranny (in the states)

BMWF1 11-12-2003 01:10 AM

ouch, uncle would be cheaper then that, i could get the entire car for a few more K

windsor318is 11-12-2003 01:12 AM

gregg..... just buy the real one!!!!!!! theres 45 in canada start looking on autotrader.ca

Jon@Bimmersport 11-12-2003 01:22 AM

i can get u a 3.2L evo with tranny and LOW miles for around that price i pm'd ya

SickFinga 11-12-2003 01:46 AM

there is more to euro m3 than just an engine
it aint a loop hole

Soldo 11-12-2003 02:44 AM

Guys i think hes talkin about the EVO M3, not just the 280 HP EURO spec one, i think hes talkin about the 321hp engine, are those for sale in the states?!

JazzM 11-12-2003 11:14 PM

Don't forget that you need the intake, hfm, ecu, headers, accessories, etc... the install will be expensive too...

The other option is to import from the UK (that is where a lot of the US euro M3 motors come from)... however they are right hand drive and will require a left hand drive harness...

Best regards,

Jon@Bimmersport 11-12-2003 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Guys i think hes talkin about the EVO M3, not just the 280 HP EURO spec one, i think hes talkin about the 321hp engine, are those for sale in the states?!

280 HP was from 94-95, after 96 they were ALL evo's and all 321hp with 6spd or SMGI

Soldo 11-13-2003 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by E46_lover
280 HP was from 94-95, after 96 they were ALL evo's and all 321hp with 6spd or SMGI
HOLLY HELL!
are you serious, i had no idea, i thought the EVO's were just like an upgraded M, sorta like the CSL coming out!

mkgino 11-13-2003 12:08 AM

I think its dumb to get a euro engine. Only thing I would want from the euro M3 would be the 6spd. It would probably be the same price to get a 240 hp engine, with some FI but it would be much faster.

Soldo 11-13-2003 12:17 AM

ya but remember some people aren't big fans of FI!!
(personally i LOVE IT, but the way i drive, i would never want a power house car with FI, cause it wouldn't be that reliable as NA!)

Jon@Bimmersport 11-13-2003 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mkgino
I think its dumb to get a euro engine. Only thing I would want from the euro M3 would be the 6spd. It would probably be the same price to get a 240 hp engine, with some FI but it would be much faster.
it is more than raw HP..it is the engine design, and the way it comes alive...randy said his dads euro was awesome, because it climbed in power slowly like normal and its peak was starting from 4000 onwards..and first hand experience at full throttle i was pinned into the seat...i dont get pinned in Djcontra's 325is S/C which is faster than vlads M3/4 from a rolling start

mkgino 11-13-2003 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by E46_lover
it is more than raw HP..it is the engine design, and the way it comes alive...randy said his dads euro was awesome, because it climbed in power slowly like normal and its peak was starting from 4000 onwards..and first hand experience at full throttle i was pinned into the seat...i dont get pinned in Djcontra's 325is S/C which is faster than vlads M3/4 from a rolling start
Ok well if $7500 usd is worth a feeling like that vs. more hp and less headaches, then go for it :huh?:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.