maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Beat (another) V8 'Stang! w00p! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23413)

djcontra 10-28-2003 02:28 AM

Beat (another) V8 'Stang! w00p!

I was out cruising last night since I got my car running again (finally). I juiced some more power out of the engine, and she runs way better than before! (especially with the new ignition coils...what a HUGE difference they made).
Aside from the clutch slipping like crazy now (I really need to get my e34m5 one in there asap), I decided to find an opponent to race.
I was at the stop lights around markham and eglington, when a V8 `stang pulled up beside me, revving his engine every few seconds, rolling back and forth. Wanting to see the look on his face, I rolled down the window and asked (more like taunted) him if he wanted to run. It took a few more times of me waving to get him to roll down his window, only to hear him laugh in my face about how I said I was going to put his car to shame. I gave my engine just a slight bit of gas, and his jaw just dropped when he heard the whistling sound of my blower under the hood. To top it off, I revved it like crap and he got a nice earful of my intercooler as well :D
Within the next few moments, we both rolled our windows up, and gunned it when the light turned green.
I had a HORRIBLE launch, my car's front end rising into the air, and then leaping forward into 1st gear....
2nd gear came too soon, and my car redlined like a bitch while my clutch tried it's best to grab, boom, 2nd gear locked in at 4000rpm, and I was off again...
caught up to him, almost at the redline in 2nd gear, and bam, into 3rd!
Once I was in 3rd, I knew it was smooth sailing, I just blew past him like he wasn't even trying! I then slowed down in case he's pussied out, but I still hear his V8 screaming it's way towards me so I gun it some more when he's right beside me!
Whooped his ass a second time! *th-up*
The guy was sooooooooooo pissed!! He didn't even want to talk when we both met up again at a stoplight down the road. That guy probably felt soooooo owned the rest of the night :D
(it's not every day a mustang owner gets his ass handed to him, by a stock looking e36....I dont have any mods on the car except for the charger too!)

app 10-28-2003 02:59 AM

Hahahaha nice kill!

R_JAY 10-28-2003 04:19 AM

Nice! I still need a ride in that thing man.

mkgino 10-28-2003 04:21 AM

Haha, GOOD!

I like your kill list btw.

jeremy 10-28-2003 04:29 AM

good stuff *th-up*

Slowered318 10-28-2003 04:47 AM

Did I tell the story how my car is fast enough to get through the light before it turns red again?

skillton 10-28-2003 07:53 AM

OWNED :D

HARTGE_H50!!! 10-28-2003 10:12 AM

Quote:

I still need a ride in that thing man.
I want a ride too !!! lol

Nice kill djcontra, must be insanely cool to have a supercharger *mw* ! Keep racing ppl and tell the stories *th-up*

Mystikal 10-28-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Slowered318
Did I tell the story how my car is fast enough to get through the light before it turns red again?
LMAO

T-spec 10-28-2003 04:24 PM

Nice kill DJ, I bet he felt more like a mouse than a mustang after that:D , A majority of the stang guys think there the fastest things on 4 wheels, way to smoke his ass and put him in his place!*th-up* BAVARIAN POWER!!!!*wiggle*

Jon@Bimmersport 10-28-2003 08:44 PM

LOL@slowered

thats jokes..killed it on a slipping clutch!

thinair 10-29-2003 01:20 AM

What year Mustang????

I dragged one (early 90's) at St. Thomas, loud as hell, no exhaust (two 4" blue flames coming from under the car near the engine when we ran). He beat me by not even 0.1 seconds in the 1/4 mile. You should've seen the look on his face when I told him I had a naturally aspirated 170cu. (2.8L) engine (vs. his 302cu.).

djcontra 10-29-2003 03:21 AM

Thinair, it looked like a '95 mustang, or that style anyway.
I remember racing one when I was naturally aspirated, and off the line the stang killed me, but as we got up to speed I started to catch up quickly. It's almost like they top out too soon or something.

p.s. I'll have to give some of you guys a ride in the car sometime...hopefully before it snows.

blacknblue-e30 10-29-2003 04:23 AM

Nice Kill, a mustang has gotta cry everyonce in awhile.

IVAN 10-29-2003 04:44 AM

Nice kill! I bet ya you screw his night!