maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You guys have days when (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20506)

R_JAY 08-24-2003 09:33 PM

You guys have days when

Your car feels soooo slow that you think an old lady with a walker is gonna leave you in the dust? Then there are some days that it feels like it's supercharged. Why is this? Is it gas related? Weather related? Hampsters in my engine on a lunch break? Just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this.

P.S. This probably dosen't apply to the guys with the M cars or a certain member that's supercharged already:D

ZiMMie 08-24-2003 09:39 PM

it happens to me in a very hot day but in the evening/early mornings it flys lke a bird..

Mitch555 08-24-2003 09:53 PM

Riiiiight here! I hate that! I think its about how dense the air is. I usually notice better performance when itz cooler out.

InfinitiStyle 08-24-2003 10:01 PM

well engines like colder denser air...
hot air = struggles for the engine
cool/cold air = air is more dense, thus creating a better combustion

SickFinga 08-24-2003 10:43 PM

yeah happens to me too.

Soldo 08-24-2003 10:52 PM

REALLY?!?!
i don't really get a NOTICEBLE power loss unless were talking about summer and winter driving! Other than that i feel that supercharger all the time, lol. Well also in the morning but thats only when the oil is cold, as soon as it warms up, its go time!

moerom 08-24-2003 11:11 PM

Don't drive your car for a few days, you will start to notice the speed again.

Also, right before you gun it, let all your muscles loose, and do not clench them as you accelerate, and you will feel the acceleration.

Humidity and heat kill performance. I think its every 10 degrees Farenheit equates to a 1% loss in hp.

Last night it was 10 degrees Celcius and I was making 1.5 psi more than I usually am in hot weather :)

330DTM 08-24-2003 11:59 PM

I always feel it when there's a big temperature difference.

From the cool summer nights to the hot summer afternoons.

E30ZeRo 08-25-2003 01:02 AM

i live in VB, its like 90% humidity every day so my car drives better in the morning or night

Alezone 08-25-2003 02:19 AM

The car feels stronger when I start it up in a cool morning day, especially after it sits in the garage for a few rainy days... the very big difference is the exhaust note, it's deeper, stiffer, and louder. Same thenomenon after some highway pulls, the car is 100% louder than normal at 2k rpm.

sonic07 08-25-2003 03:57 AM

yup i feel that only when the aircond. is on and when time to boogie shut off aircond ...roll down windows ... ahhhh power ...

R_JAY ... did you install perf. chip yet ? and use super gas ?

my next project is CAI for the bimmer and my twuck ...

Jon@Bimmersport 08-25-2003 06:47 AM

my bros car feels slow all the time...

lol

crusher 08-25-2003 04:45 PM

It may be the ODBII adapting to your driving style too? I drive my car everyday and seems ok, nice tone, engine is whining, intake sucks heheh but when I let my dad drive it for a couple of days it a different car!!! Maybe since he baby's it grandma shifting and OBDII adapts to his driving style ;) Anyways, I drive it a couple of days and its back to normal.

djcontra 08-25-2003 10:13 PM

If the temperature goes above 25'C I can feel a huge difference in the performance of my car; even with an aftercooler.
On the highway though, it's always very fast :)