maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   whats up with that (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20459)

rarerod-e46 08-23-2003 04:15 PM

whats up with that

whats up with kissing up to a nissan maxima . yeah there pretty quick but can't even come close to a m3 (e46) so this is a bmw site deadicated to performance and style of bmw's not a maxima :moon:kissing contest !!!
german cars are more refined than any jap car old or new !!

325Ryan 09-14-2003 01:53 AM

maximas are good cars. i'd buy one if the price was right (ridiculously cheap)

Bavarias_Finest 09-14-2003 03:08 AM

Re: whats up with that

Quote:

Originally posted by rarerod-e46
whats up with kissing up to a nissan maxima . yeah there pretty quick but can't even come close to a m3 (e46) so this is a bmw site deadicated to performance and style of bmw's not a maxima :moon:kissing contest !!!

Any Jap car??? Ever heard of the Skyline GT-R, Supra, Silvia, NSX, RX-7, and RX-8. Dont be so hasty to say the Japs cant make a car because the fact is they can make cars they are just more prevvy on making cars that are economical and last alot longer. Of course European is the best at making cars on a overall peformace/luxury level, but the Japs can make a sports car too.

A new Maxima comes with 266bhp and the E46 has 333bhp with alot higher price tag. I dont think anyones kissing up but people on here a car enthusiasts and appreciate fine piece of automotive craftmanship especially if the price is right.

///m powered 09-14-2003 05:43 PM

Re: Re: whats up with that

Quote:

Originally posted by Bavarias_Finest
Any Jap car??? Ever heard of the Skyline GT-R, Supra, Silvia, NSX, RX-7, and RX-8. Dont be so hasty to say the Japs cant make a car because the fact is they can make cars they are just more prevvy on making cars that are economical and last alot longer. Of course European is the best at making cars on a overall peformace/luxury level, but the Japs can make a sports car too.

A new Maxima comes with 266bhp and the E46 has 333bhp with alot higher price tag. I dont think anyones kissing up but people on here a car enthusiasts and appreciate fine piece of automotive craftmanship especially if the price is right.

well said*th-up*

SickFinga 09-14-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Take RX8 out of your list cause it is crap.
If you notice all cars are Turbo charged, and most a ever Twin Tubo. (NSX is NA)

Maxima got 260hp and M3 is 333hp. 73 hp is a HUGE difference.
Even though Maxima got 260hp acceleration is at the same level as 328 which got 192hp

golden 09-20-2003 06:34 PM

your comparing an m3 which has a base price of 73k to a maxima which costs like below 40?

The maxima is about the same price as a totally stripped 325i

dtthiaga 09-21-2003 01:25 AM

Maxima VS M3Ö. Now thatís a fair comparison. Setting aside price, which is hard to do considering it is a $35,000 diff, they are totally in different markets.

The 350Z is still not a M3 killer but closer in the market; however it is a fast car for the money. And a good car at that. Nissanís 3.5 Litre V6 engine (and itís variants) has been in the top 10 for motors for the last 10 years!!!!

Sorry, I didnít know that the world revolves around the M3..... *thmbsdwn*

Donít get me wrong, an M3 is a beautiful car and I would love to have one.... :)

Trogdor 09-22-2003 04:38 AM

This is no fair comparison as, well, the maxima lacks the luxery ammendments of an m3. A fairer comparison to the m maybe to g35 coupe.

I don't think a maxima could take even a 320i through some turns however...nor do i think it would be as comfortable or as fun to drive.

rarerod-e46 09-24-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

What ? craftmanship this is BS the nissan maxima is a OK car but if you call it an infinty it will cost you about 45-55k in the price range of a bmw but not in the performance ballpark of a bmw so I guess the price makes a car ? yes the m3 is expensive 60k but it is an investment car you can sell it and get great equity value back, not the case with a maxima . so if your on the outside looking in you would'nt understand what your getting for your money ! go buy a maxima idiots !

*wave*

p.s. i had a 1982 320 with 289,000 miles on it.. bmw can last with the best of them

rarerod-e46 09-24-2003 07:28 PM

im not done

yeah Ive heard of a skyline gt-r do you know the price tag on that thing over 75k, supra's were 50k in 95 and the nsx is also 75k. the rx8 is a joke , so do your research before you post inacurate info !!:P

Lil'Smoothie 09-24-2003 07:47 PM

Bottom line is that maximas are awesome cars for their money
They are fast, fairly cheap and very luxurious

I hate that old farts in family sedans can keep up with me

I raced one (2002) on the highway in my M3 this weekend and he pulled on me a bit, next time I'm gonna drop a gear

Off the line I spanked a 2002, the 255 horse model in my 325is
They really arent that fast for so much power

The new ones have a bitmore power but probably weigh more too
An M3 would destroy it but they aren't even close in comparison in any terms

I'd compare a loaded Max to a loaded 3series and say it is probably a pretty close comparison

Bavarias_Finest 09-24-2003 11:13 PM

Quote:

You see this post^^^^....this is what I was replying to ok, so I dont know where you stand but it looks like you just got knocked over. The fact is anyone that knows anything about cars doesnt make stupid statements like this. Most people I know that have BMWs - Benzs - Audis - Aston Martins - Ferraris - Lambos - etc are car enthusiasts period, they like nice cars no matter what, and dont have their head stuck up their ass like some of you. The fact is the Maxima is a damn good car for the money period, end of story. Say otherwise and your simply discrediting yourself more and more. Its no M3 yes we know that, damn that took some time to figure out. Sheesh did common sense die or something????

rarerod-e46 09-25-2003 01:11 PM

???

i guess being a master auto tech makes me stupid and the fact that I work at a nissan store and working on nissans for over 5years makes me even more clueless you are the expert .. my opinion comes from my day to day contact with nissans and my personal ownership of a m3 period.

98323IS 09-26-2003 10:59 PM

I don't know. I just don't see how anyone could go bash a maxima like that. My last car was a 1999 Maxima ES that did the 1/4 mile in the mid 14's with only bolt ons. Maxima's are great cars for the money BAR NONE. My dad has an E46 M3 cab, he's also owned a 96 maxima SE, I've owned a 99 maxima ES, and my E36 that i'm driving now. I don't understand how you are even comparing it to an M3??? The closest car BMW would have that you could compare as far as actual price goes is a 325sedan. But whatever everyone is entitled to their opinion. What's next on your list a 911 turbo compared to a sentra????

rarerod-e46 09-26-2003 11:17 PM

Quote:

i guess no one read this Im not comparing a maxima to a bmw I am wondering why a maxima is being discussed on a bmw site. in away that makes you think the maxima is so superior to a bmw ? because a maxima is not as expensive as a 3 series or a m3 . I would just like to say drive a m3 than drive a maxima you will understand what the difference is !!!!