maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Global MaXbimmer (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Private meet frequency (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20198)

SpudBoy 08-17-2003 12:13 AM

Private meet frequency

How often do maX member want to get together:confused:

I can't organize too may meets so please post your preference. If you vote every week you will have to organize them.;)

great to see such interest in the get-togethers.*smoke*

Soldo 08-17-2003 12:21 AM

I say every week, just make a SPECIFIC general spot for the MAX crew, and there will always be AT LEAST a few members, so that way people can just show up wait 5 mins, and someone else is bound to show up!
Just a thought!

SpudBoy 08-17-2003 12:30 AM

SOLDO: Not a bad idea. The cops will be the first people there. As predicted, the cops showed at last night's meet (they could have at least confirmed!!!). Some members could have been fined right on the spot.

A set location is out of the question as it will favour some members and force others to drive a long way to attend. I'll be Whorganizing another meet/cruise shortly, probably smack dab in the middle of T.O.

Soldo 08-17-2003 12:40 AM

Well whatever, i'll bail out of a FUNERAL for the next meet if i have to, don't worry bout that, but i remember some members on our board KNOW managers/store owners and we might be able to get PERMISSION to use a parking lot at certain times of the night!

KennyTheGreat 08-17-2003 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpudBoy
SOLDO: Not a bad idea. The cops will be the first people there. As predicted, the cops showed at last night's meet (they could have at least confirmed!!!). Some members could have been fined right on the spot.

A set location is out of the question as it will favour some members and force others to drive a long way to attend. I'll be Whorganizing another meet/cruise shortly, probably smack dab in the middle of T.O.

smack dab for the East and West is at Yorkdale Mall....

M-sport 08-17-2003 12:59 AM

I have permission from the owner of 2nd Cup to make a permanent home. At the corner of Eglinton / Hurontario in Mississauga. We shouldn't get chased away since we have permission.

Soldo 08-17-2003 01:01 AM

BINGO!!
see spud, this could be like an OFFICAL max spot!
and we can have other area meets too!
(ie. West end, East coast, Dirty South, ETC.!)

SpudBoy 08-17-2003 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Well whatever, i'll bail out of a FUNERAL for the next meet if i have to, don't worry bout that, but i remember some members on our board KNOW managers/store owners and we might be able to get PERMISSION to use a parking lot at certain times of the night!
Good point... we had security at the first location and cops at the second:huh?:

Mystikal 08-17-2003 03:06 PM

Mississauga is pretty far for us Eastsiders to go to all the time. Then again, the cruise there could be incredible...

I dunno, we may need another poll for the use of that location all the time.

djcontra 08-17-2003 04:22 PM

I think once a month there should be a large meet like the one last friday.

windsor318is 08-17-2003 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
I think once a month there should be a large meet like the one last friday.
im in for driving up 4 hours once a month*th-up*

moregothanshow 08-17-2003 04:50 PM

hey second cups sounds good....nice cars.....good coffee, hunnies?!?! :thu-up: M-sport

R_JAY 08-17-2003 05:20 PM

I don't mind driving to the east end for a meet cause I rarely get to drive my car during the weekdays (work in Guelph and drive beater civic monday to friday) so where ever you guys decide is cool with me.

Mystikal 08-17-2003 06:03 PM

Hmmm, well, I think the fact is that the majority of members are indeed from the West end, so it would only make sense to have more meets over there.

An occasional Scarborough/Durham beach cruise (as in the daytime) would be great, though.

Also, we need more females. I'll be sure to bring some eye candy next time. *smoke*

Mitch555 08-17-2003 07:39 PM

So whatz the Mississauga meeting area? Second cup at the Hurontario and Eglinton corner?