maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My new favorite car (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19506)

Autotechnica 08-01-2003 05:25 PM

My new favorite car

I just drove the previous model Impreza RS. I know it's not a WRX. It had modified suspension and that's about it. Anyways, I took it for a test drive because my friend was feeling generous today.

After that I fell in love with this car. The car had a crazy amount of grip. At first I turned into the corner at little too early because I thought it would understeer or go wide. But nope, I amost hit the curb on the hwy 7 and bayview mini ramp. It just turned so fast because of the grip, the tires didn't even squeel. It's such an easy car to drive, you just turn and the friggin car turns! Even when you do break the traction in the rear you just do a really quick countersteer and instantly grip is retained. I love this car to death!

I urge anyone to test drive a Subaru Impreza, it's really quite an experience. I guess great rally cars make great road cars. If I ever buy a second car, it's going to be an Impreza. I know a lot of Subaru owners will be happy to read this because I know there are a few Subaru guys on here.

Has anyone test drove both an Impreza and Audi A4? Which one has better traction?

Bry

Soldo 08-01-2003 05:31 PM

WOW, i simply LOVE the old 2.5 RS, i think they're the NICEST lookin impreza's outta all of them!
And i'm gonna have to say that AUDI has better traction, don't know for a fact, i would THINK they're both fairly similar however seeing how audi has a lot more race/track experience and most of they're S cars spend a LOT of time being bred on the track that they MIGHT know a BIT more about a damn good AWD system!

Autotechnica 08-01-2003 05:38 PM

I definitely agree with you about the looks. The older Impreza's were beautiful. The new ones are a little too much for me, but still great cars nonetheless. They seem to last quite long too for a Japanese car.

Bry

TiemenT 08-01-2003 07:33 PM

my dad had an Audi A4, but not an quatro, and my neighbor has an blue Impreza RS, and I think the Impreza drives better, cause my dad's ride whas just a smood, easy one... the Impreza is a more sportscar.. but on the handling the Impreza defenitily wins !!

330DTM 08-02-2003 01:02 AM

IF any of you out there have seem a video produced by 5th Gear about AWD systems then you will know that the Quattro's are pretty much the pioneers of AWD.

Plus by comparing an A4 to the Scobby, the Scobby should have the weight advantage so less mass to haul around the corners and on the straight.

No thank you, but I'll stick with the B5 S4 Quattro, you get Luxury and the Power. I love the exhaust note especially when you shift and you hear the back fire coming from the exhaust.

Soldo 08-02-2003 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM
IF any of you out there have seem a video produced by 5th Gear about AWD systems then you will know that the Quattro's are pretty much the pioneers of AWD.

Plus by comparing an A4 to the Scobby, the Scobby should have the weight advantage so less mass to haul around the corners and on the straight.

No thank you, but I'll stick with the B5 S4 Quattro, you get Luxury and the Power. I love the exhaust note especially when you shift and you hear the back fire coming from the exhaust.

AGREEEEED! *th-up*

bmwm5lover 08-02-2003 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM

*mw*

Hardcore328is 08-04-2003 08:07 AM

WOW... The Subru Impreza is a very good car. The handling of the car is unreal, it feels like it is on rails. THe new ST-i's are just beautiful. Also the AWD just makes it alot better.

TiemenT 08-04-2003 11:04 AM

the cars are great, but I prefer the Evo7
http://www.bobhughes.com.au/smaller/evo7-front.jpg