maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bike race... (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19265)

330DTM 07-28-2003 12:09 AM

Bike race...

Okay so it's not motorbikes racing but bicycles, it's still a good story!

I was riding alongside Lakeshore Blvd on the bike path, cruising at about 25-27km/h. I pass this guy on a GT road bike. I'm riding a mountain bike with semi-road tires slapped on for pavement riding; keep in mind my bike is just shy of 30 pounds while the GT roadbike is probably sub 24 pounds!

All of a sudden, he does a flyby and yells something out, then I turned into my car mode and pretended that I was an AA Stage III Turbo E36 M3. I downshifted a gear in the rear cogs and booted it. As he was trying to pull away, I was closing up on him and finally passed him. At the same time it looked like he was running out of juice so I continued pulling till I hit the traffic light and he backs off.

So I cruise again alongside the Don Valley bike path when I see two road bikes flyby. One of them was the GT road bike guy so again I turned into the AA Stage III Turbo E36 M3. I didn't pass them but just kept on tailgating them; then when there was an uphill section (usually advantage for road bikes due to it's lightweight) they start gunning it uphill. Mean while I'm still on his tail and once he started losing momemtum, I gave 3/4's of boost to my legs and just passed him on the uphill section.

What a run and it sure does teach that guy for trying to shut me down thinking that I'm a poser with road tires. If I had a roadbike like his, I would've smoked him like there's no tomorrow!

///MsAniTy 07-28-2003 03:07 AM

nice kill man. lol

skillton 07-28-2003 03:41 AM

haha you should line up wit some civics :D

330DTM 07-28-2003 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by skillton
haha you should line up wit some civics :D
I think I can actually take those cars from 0-30km/h LOL.
Last time I was doing something...LOL...and well two cars took off and I ran after them as they took off, I wasn't doing too bad for the first 2 seconds, haha. *drink*

Had I of jumped up and grab the GT wing I probably would've been pavement skiing :D

sonic07 07-28-2003 04:52 AM

wow you must have good endurance or the other guy too ... lol.. i wouldn't last 10 seconds if it doesn't make it 0 - 60 .... lol... perhaps with a moped at 35miles/hr ....

///Milk 07-28-2003 12:14 PM

you must be fast bike rider
its hard for me to survive the sprinting part...but o well...i like my BMX bike :)

///MsAniTy 07-28-2003 01:08 PM

milk didnt you leave to europe? or are you still haunting maxbimmer?

SickFinga 07-28-2003 05:24 PM

nice kill LOL
how much hp is your imaginary turbo m3 pushing to the wheels?

330DTM 07-28-2003 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SickFinga
nice kill LOL
how much hp is your imaginary turbo m3 pushing to the wheels?

Probably 400hp at the wheel, LOL.

Thinair will probably still rape me though...he's like a Zonda
*drink*

thinair 07-29-2003 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM
Probably 400hp at the wheel, LOL.

Thinair will probably still rape me though...he's like a Zonda
*drink*

lol, more like a f16 jet:P
How often do you see both my wheels on the ground at the same time?

BTW, did you know that if you were to dyno test like a world class sprinter on a track bike, they'd only put out like 1/3hp at the rear wheel?

330DTM 07-29-2003 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by thinair
lol, more like a f16 jet:P
How often do you see both my wheels on the ground at the same time?

BTW, did you know that if you were to dyno test like a world class sprinter on a track bike, they'd only put out like 1/3hp at the rear wheel?

LOL dam that means I make 0.000000400 HP :D

nzer 07-29-2003 03:50 AM

heh i love passing roadies when riding, using hurling abuse at them (as you do). No one talks about it (until you just did 328dtm) but secretly everyone is racing when they are training on the road lol.

My fave experiance was passing this guy on a nice bianchi road bike on my GT Backwoods with dual crown forks heh, he was like.. wtf?

Gamite 07-30-2003 04:37 PM

mike, you're on crack, u kno that? haha.. good kill.

hypertension 07-30-2003 06:25 PM

when i was like 8 yrs old, i raced a tractor with my bmx, kicked its ass!!!

wut wut
:D:D:D:D:D

Badgirl325is 08-24-2003 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hypertension
when i was like 8 yrs old, i raced a tractor with my bmx, kicked its ass!!!

wut wut
:D:D:D:D:D

So what, that makes you 8 and a half now?????:P