maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I got beat by a civic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18179)

thinair 07-06-2003 04:08 PM

I got beat by a civic

It was pretty funny, every once in a while I like to push it when someone next to me floors it. I got off the 404 at Green Lane (where the 404 end) and I see a black Civic hatchback, the model before the newest model, gunmetal rims, and a very subtle body kit. Anyway, the light goes green, we slowly turn left onto Green Lane and then gun it.....well, he slowly pulled on me, but by the time he was in 3rd he was a few car lengths ahead of me.

We got to the next stop light, I congratulated him, we talked until the light went green, appearently he had a type-r engine dropped into it, but he didn't get into detail of other mods because the light turned green. No attitude from this guy at all, no bullshit, just another car enthusiast.*th-up*

Soldo 07-06-2003 04:14 PM

ya, even a stock type r engine in one of those LIGHT BASTARDS and he'll do some surprising numbers in the 1/4mile!!
Thos things weigh so little its not a surprise they're quick!

Jon@Bimmersport 07-06-2003 05:14 PM

ya..i dont see why people cant realize civic owners arent all stuck up stupid ricers

a civic with a B20 (CRV engine) was head to head with sickfinga all the way down sickfinga was giving it too but couldnt pass him...

i'd still rather take ur 328 over a civic with type-r motor though haha

nice run!

SickFinga 07-06-2003 05:23 PM

thinair, hmmm he told me it was CRV engine. It was the same civic that i raced at Bayview and Soufville. Black with gunmetal rims.
1st race, I screwed up on the launch, since i had no clue we were racing and i didn't expect civic to pull. But i was catching up to him and was on his ass wanting to go faster.
2nd race was from 60 to 120, we were bumper to bumper.

Jon@Bimmersport 07-06-2003 05:29 PM

most likely he had a type-r engine or B20..whichever one..i know they pull low 14s, maybe high 13s

///MsAniTy 07-06-2003 07:27 PM

Yea there is a few civics that will surprise allot of ppl out there. but its mostly not there guys who r showin off n shit

skillton 07-07-2003 06:37 AM

heh some civics are pretty fast, its usually the ones done tastefully that are fast

///Milk 07-07-2003 08:17 PM

heh..sorta liek that video of a civic beating a viper :D

SeRb 07-08-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ///Milk
heh..sorta liek that video of a civic beating a viper :D
i think the guy in the viper had no idea what he was doing. . .
he didnt know how to launch and he had so much damn wheelspin at the start of the race. . .
did u see the end how he ****en catches up to him

Peter1998 07-12-2003 02:20 AM

there is a shop in green lane.. mod a lot of those civic.. . some have 196 hp on wheel.. (NA engine) with 1/4 mile high 12 sec...

M3_MadBimmer 07-17-2003 05:54 PM

YEAH THE civic - viper race...you can tell the civic racer was good, but the viper guy was another DUMBASS with lots of money....he was shifting gears way to fast which resulted in low RPM's, and much much less horspower.....AM I RIGHT, OR AM I RIGHT??

Autotechnica 07-24-2003 02:15 PM

Pretty sure the guy in the Viper had way too much wheel spin. If he got a good launch, the civic may not have been so lucky.

Most civic owners I know or have met are assholes. Only the ones who drive bone stock looking civics w/ crazy mods (sleeper) are nice. If anyone knows Chris (red SiR) or Tony (green GS-R, blue Camry, red EL) they are real nice guys and true car enthusiasts.

Try driving in Richmond Hill or Markham. Any guy with a civic that spots a modded car will try to ran him/her. He won't be satisfied till he beats you or at least cuts you off, pure assholes.

Bry

330DTM 07-24-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Autotechnica

Most civic owners I know or have met are assholes. Only the ones who drive bone stock looking civics w/ crazy mods (sleeper) are nice. If anyone knows Chris (red SiR) or Tony (green GS-R, blue Camry, red EL) they are real nice guys and true car enthusiasts.

Try driving in Richmond Hill or Markham. Any guy with a civic that spots a modded car will try to ran him/her. He won't be satisfied till he beats you or at least cuts you off, pure assholes.

Bry

Yup, Chris is totally a cool guy and I respect his SiR and Tony's rides.

Anyways there are also some Subaru owners who can be assholes as well, as told by my friend who beated one of them in a race and they later tried to box him in, harassing him. Sore losers if you ask me...

In other words this applies to anyone with a big ego with any kind of car

jonathanm5 08-05-2003 09:28 PM

It's really impresive what some of those little damn things can do. I haven't personally met a guy that has a really fast honda. Down here, you see overdone fashion statements and coffee cans all over the place. I still stick to American and European machinery though...hehehehehe

twboy1999 08-06-2003 04:22 PM

my friend has a 92-93 old civic hatchback,, is pretty damn fast,,, the car is so light,,, but it is loud as hell