maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What is your ethnicity? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180)

Gamite 12-19-2001 10:21 AM

What is your ethnicity?

Just outa curiosity. (I hope this hasnt already been posted)

I'll start. I'm 1/2 chinese 1/2 taiwanese.
But I'm 4th Generation CBC (mom's side)

Marita 12-19-2001 12:16 PM

full pinay - filipino...;)

heres the link to my pics...Maritas Pics

EMPOWERD 12-19-2001 01:48 PM

Half German, half Mexican.... not joking.

and yes... I speak both fluently.

Born at the Mississauga Hospital.

M3Pilot 12-19-2001 02:48 PM

I'm English all the way, one of my Granparents was Scottish

Gurl Bmw 12-19-2001 03:17 PM

1/2 german
1/2 Italian

azn330i 12-19-2001 04:04 PM

i'm Hong Kongnese baby!! :D :D

hey welcome to maxbimmer Gurl Bmw!! *wave*

330DTM 12-20-2001 03:17 AM

hmm

I'm Chinese (Cantonese)
Except born in Toronto, so I'm a bit white washed as well :P
woohoo!

ThE bRoWn GuY 12-20-2001 03:43 AM

Trinidadian (in the carribbean)

Randy... ?Como estas? !Quiero mucho dinero!

*th-up*

Kaisake 12-20-2001 04:25 AM

Chinese/Mongolian *th-up*

Gamite 12-20-2001 07:54 AM

Re: hmm

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM
I'm Chinese (Cantonese)
Except born in Toronto, so I'm a bit white washed as well :P
woohoo!

I think I'm like super whitewashed! *th-up*

straight_6 12-21-2001 12:20 AM

My dad is from Finland
and my Mother is from Holland
I was born in Georgetown Hospital

(yes georgetown is in ontario!)

Bliss 12-21-2001 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ROB89M3
where in god's name is Georgetown?:huh?:
It's north of Halton Hills, and west of Brampton and Mississauga. C'mon Rob.:rolleyes:

Lil'Smoothie 12-21-2001 08:59 PM

Born in Canda, both parents born in scotland, I lived in scotland when I was younger

M3Pilot 12-22-2001 05:10 PM

I'm not hating here but can some one tell me why no one is really American?
Ok if you want to be historically correct I would say that the only true American's are really the Indians, but when I was out there they were either eveyoneweas either Italian, Irish, South American, English and most of the people have never even been out the States none of them say I'm American.
To me you are where your born, if your born in America your not Irish you mum and dad might be Irish but your not. Just something that I never understood. I had some guy arguing with me that he was a English as I was because his Grandfather was from England. When I told him that he was American he was having none of it, crazy :)

EMPOWERD 12-22-2001 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by M3Pilot
I'm not hating here but can some one tell me why no one is really American?
Ok if you want to be historically correct I would say that the only true American's are really the Indians, but when I was out there they were either eveyoneweas either Italian, Irish, South American, English and most of the people have never even been out the States none of them say I'm American.
To me you are where your born, if your born in America your not Irish you mum and dad might be Irish but your not. Just something that I never understood. I had some guy arguing with me that he was a English as I was because his Grandfather was from England. When I told him that he was American he was having none of it, crazy :)

I understand your confusion. Here in Canada... Toronto for that matter, everyone considers themselves whatever their ancestors are, unless they're 3rd generation born here (caker). Canada is a relatively young country inhabited by A LOT of immigrants. Actually, Toronto is considered the most ethnic city in the world. I know it's not right, but we just do it and we're used to it. It's hard to find someone over the age of 60 without some sort of foreign accent. The funny thing about Americans though... no matter where they're ancestors originated from, they always consider themselves AMERICANS. Kinda like what you're reffering to. I guess they're just really proud?