maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drivetrain, Engines & Transmissions (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   M10 engine and E21 body, To go----> (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17420)

1BADBMW 06-18-2003 04:09 PM

M10 engine and E21 body, To go---->

I have a 1981 M10 engine/Drive train with 240k and a E21 body! anyone intrested?!... it's a good project/part car!*th-up*

bmwm5lover 06-18-2003 04:11 PM

SWAP THE SHOCKS/SPRINGS FIRST!

punnzzells 06-18-2003 06:50 PM

mr BAVARSKI....

who's your poopa?

1BADBMW 06-18-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bmwm5lover
SWAP THE SHOCKS/SPRINGS FIRST!
i want to but it's double work and i don't have time or help:( and also i don't know in what condition they are! i might remove them and and find something wrong with them!..so....naaahh!

p.s. But thanks a lot Terry for finding me that car, eh!*th-up*

bmwm5lover 06-18-2003 10:24 PM

ill help you change them. i just watched my meachinc do it on mycar! Im serious. lets hook up, and we will do it together! itll look SOOOO much better lowered!

punzells? what the hell you saying man?

1BADBMW 06-19-2003 01:55 AM

Thanks man!... but fronts are much harder to change than back!....my biggest problem is lifting the car up! since jacking both cars up each time and opening every shock/spring [8 times] is time killing! but if you seen it and know how it is that saves time... let's do it!

bmwm5lover 06-19-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BADBMW
Thanks man!... but fronts are much harder to change than back!....my biggest problem is lifting the car up! since jacking both cars up each time and opening every shock/spring [8 times] is time killing! but if you seen it and know how it is that saves time... let's do it!
we are not gonna separate the shocks from the springs bud. just straight swap. itll take about 1 hour per side if we dont run into any problems(which i dont think we will)

bart320i 06-19-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bmwm5lover
we are not gonna separate the shocks from the springs bud. just straight swap. itll take about 1 hour per side if we dont run into any problems(which i dont think we will)
before you guys do this make sure you spray all the suspension bolts with WD40 the night before. When i was doing my suspension the biggest problem I ran into was seized up bolts. Also make sure you have a blow torch handy to heat up the bolts if there seized. It toke me about 1 hour just to get one bolt out. I had to heat it up till it was red then use an impact gun to get that sucker out.

if you haven't changed your suspension in a few years expect the bolts to be seized

bmwm5lover 06-19-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bart320i
before you guys do this make sure you spray all the suspension bolts with WD40 the night before. When i was doing my suspension the biggest problem I ran into was seized up bolts. Also make sure you have a blow torch handy to heat up the bolts if there seized. It toke me about 1 hour just to get one bolt out. I had to heat it up till it was red then use an impact gun to get that sucker out.

if you haven't changed your suspension in a few years expect the bolts to be seized

o ya i forgot about the WD40! Thats definitely important! Ive got a little torch thingamagink that i can bring with me for the bolts to be heated up if needed.

1BADBMW 06-19-2003 03:24 PM

all right dude! when is good for you?! i'm up for it! since you know it all! ohhh yaaa, my baby is getting low!:D .... i'll go get some WD40, what else do i need [should i go rent some suspension tools?!]

1BADBMW 06-19-2003 03:48 PM

terry look what i found : http://www.bimmerboys.com/webpage/si...suspension.htm
nice eh!

bmwm5lover 06-19-2003 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BADBMW
all right dude! when is good for you?! i'm up for it! since you know it all! ohhh yaaa, my baby is getting low!:D .... i'll go get some WD40, what else do i need [should i go rent some suspension tools?!]
i just sent my phone to get fixed so i dont have ur number on me anymore. PM it to me and ill get back to you! Are you free during the week? or do you want to do it on sat/sun.....