maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (
-   Off-topic (
-   -   Car almost stolen (

JJ. 03-13-2002 12:40 AM

Car almost stolen
Tonight after comming out of the movie theatre AMC in missisauga I noticed that my car was missing. I used my pager alarm and set off my car. After looking for 10 minutes I found my car all the way on the opposite side of the lot Completly untouched. All my Tvs,stereo stuff,PS2,subs were there. How could someone break into my car, start it up and drive it to the other side of a parking lot and then just leave it. I only have one key for my car and it was with me the whole time.
This is messed up

SickFinga 03-13-2002 01:34 AM

heh, maybe you get out of the theater through a different exit?

JJ. 03-13-2002 01:55 AM

no, im 100% sure someone moved my car. My car wasn't locked but the alarm was on. The plastic piece under the steering wheel is pretty loose so im not sure if it could hotwired using that.

S50_boy 03-13-2002 05:49 AM

what kinda car do you have???

azn330i 03-13-2002 05:56 AM

hafta be careful out there........BMW and Mercs r prime targets these years

Phantom 03-13-2002 10:01 AM

If you do indeed have a paging system, it should have gone off when any one of the doors was opened. Did the car alarm activate? Who else has keys/remote for your car.(I've had that joke played on me before). If someone really started it why would they abandon it without leaving the lot? Do you have a dual point security system that cuts off gas feed? Hardly makes sense that someone would simply 'move' your car, and leave all the in-car entertainment you have.
If the alarm was still on, I dont think anyone got into the car, unless you're using an alarm system from the '80s which could be deactivated using a knapsack magnet, and reactivated once the magnet was removed. Current systems are a little more advanced, and most incorporate code hopping which prevents the use of generic remotes.

daytona 03-13-2002 12:14 PM

[quote]Originally posted by JJ.
[b]no, im 100% sure someone moved my car. My car wasn't locked but the alarm was on. The plastic piece under the steering wheel is pretty loose so im not sure if it could hotwired using

Why wasnt your car locked?..and again as stated the pager alarms systems are average at best,the level of tramissions is almost the same distant as 1Ghz cordless phone,which isnt very far.I would NEVER trust a single level pager alarm to protect my car.What car do you drive??.....

JJ. 03-13-2002 02:33 PM

I drive a 93 320i. I forget to lock my car but the alarm system goes off if someone opens the door. The range isnt that great espically inside a cinema. I have only one set of keys and 1 pager that i had with me the whole time. The alarm system is a crimestopper lcd pager thing hat I got off ebay. I am as confused as you as to why someone would not take the car and everything in it once they were able to move it.The only thing I could see is if someone opend the door and put the car in neutral and pushed it with the alarm on around the parking lot.

PCDawg 03-13-2002 05:11 PM

Maybe someone that u know has a set of keys and saw ur car and wanted to play a joke on u so they moved it elsewhere ..... ????

They moved your car to make you paranoid or maybe even your friend that went with you somehow took the keys from you, stated they went to the washroom, moved your car, and slipped your keys back in your pockets..... sounds really awkward to me.

Furious 03-15-2002 09:35 AM

I admit it!! it was me!,,,lol

but seriously,, do you have any angry ex-girlfriends that might have been able to steal your spare keys?

JJ. 03-15-2002 05:19 PM

haha i dont think so. I wouldnt call moving my car a to a different spot great revenge even if i did. But it scared the sh*t outta me. Especially because i've seen so many peoples cars get stolen at AMC.

Autotechnica 03-16-2002 02:31 PM

Maybe a tow truck moved your car?

Once my friend and I went to a bar, after a while I must have dropped my keys on the floor. He went outside (told me he was going to the bathroom), started my car and did a few dounts in the parking lot, problem was that he parked the car in the opposite side of the parking lot because he forgot where it was originally parked. When he returned he put the keys back on the table without me noticing. When we left the bar I couldn't find my car, I thought it had been stolen! After I found my car on the oppostite side of the parking lot I thought nothing of it and just drove my friend home. My shift knob had also been cracked because someone was shifting too hard. On the way home he told me he was the one who drove my car and took my keys. I literally kicked him in the butt and threw him out of my car in the middle of the street.. hehe I'm sure you were not in the same situation, but just thought I'd share something similar.

Furious 03-16-2002 08:03 PM

*th-up* ,,wow good guess MTRD ,,i totally agree with you,,i remember my buddies bimmer was moved by a tow truck downtown because of snow removal,, (not to say thats why JJ had his moved)

Autotechnica 03-16-2002 09:03 PM

If you pull your E-brake can the tow trucks still tow your car? I usually just put the car in gear to stop my brakes from melting up against my rotors.

Furious 03-18-2002 09:34 AM

theres always a way,, its called a flat bed, or at best its called a broken e-brake cable,,,lol,,, i know that tow trucks have to put 4wd cars on flat beds or on those dollys,,,, so i suppose its the same thing for guys with the e-brake up