maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Eye brow install (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16089)

openwheel 05-24-2003 05:14 PM

Eye brow install

I am not an idiot but I can not seem to get the eyebrow kit I bought from eurostyle to install on my car. I tried the 3m tape....no luck, I tired a silicon adheisive... no luck, and yes I dremmeled out the alignment nipple at the top of the light. I am now at the point were I will drive to someones place and pay them to install these things.

Please help!!!

DunDan 05-24-2003 07:15 PM

What doesn't fit properly?

bart320i 05-24-2003 09:57 PM

use a glue gun, it worked on mine and it comes off pretty easily if you tug on it but doesn't respond to wind pressure. make sure you clean the headlight and the brow with windex and then apply adhesive

openwheel 05-24-2003 11:07 PM

Bart - I will try the glue gun next.

Dundan - It seems like the angle of the kit does not match the angle of the top of the light, because it seems that only the top of the kit is adhearing(sp) to the light. And I can not get the side of the brow to attach to the marker light as well

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=] 05-25-2003 01:33 AM

I bought the same eyebrows off eurostyle...
and all i did to attach them was use some silicone,
you have to be patient while doing it, (apply a lot of pressure
and hold it in place untill it stays, or prop something up against it).

The silicone works well none the less... just hard to make it stick
and stay on at first.

savemike 05-25-2003 06:08 AM

Yea, silicon sealant isn't made to hold right away...It needs to settle, but once it starts to stick, it works awesome. -Mike

Bill Gates 05-25-2003 06:18 AM

i have silicone adhesive from germany i got from bimmersport and should work really well for that. put that on, and use a roboclip clamp (while the hood is open) and leave it until it cures. it shouldn't come off after that.

if u like, pm me, and u can borrow it. *th-up*

djcontra 05-26-2003 08:42 PM

I've seen advertised, eyebrows for 4dr e36's and 2dr e36's. Perhaps you got the one for the 2dr by mistake?
I always figured they were the same, and it didn't matter, but maybe for certain companies it did.

Eurostyle 05-27-2003 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by djcontra
I've seen advertised, eyebrows for 4dr e36's and 2dr e36's. Perhaps you got the one for the 2dr by mistake?
I always figured they were the same, and it didn't matter, but maybe for certain companies it did.

You got it! I think he has the one that was made to fit on both cars (i got it in europe). The 2/4 door is slightly different...

P.S. I can always exchange it for a newer and better version if you think that would help!

openwheel 05-27-2003 06:33 PM

Eurostyle, I will call you over the week-end and we can set something out.

moregothanshow 05-28-2003 06:30 PM

ok i kinda have a question a bit off topic, but, my eyebrows are seriously siliconed in...i think the silicone is black...cant remember...anyhow is it possible to take it off without damaging the paint or the actual eyebrow?
Thanks!

Eurostyle 05-29-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by moregothanshow
ok i kinda have a question a bit off topic, but, my eyebrows are seriously siliconed in...i think the silicone is black...cant remember...anyhow is it possible to take it off without damaging the paint or the actual eyebrow?
Thanks!

You should be...It may not be easy if a lot of silicone was used, but if you are carefull and cut it with a sharp blade it should come off undamaged.

dingz913 06-02-2003 03:27 AM

WHy would u silicone it on?....dat makes a MAJor mess....
FIRST THING..make sure the eyebrow fits on the headlights....bend it if u have to so it fits....then use adhesive....dat should work......

i had teh same PRoblem for my e46 hamann style eyebrows off ebay...they were bent when i got it....