maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mosport thanksgiving lapping video (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160348)

migzou 10-20-2013 06:30 PM

Mosport thanksgiving lapping video
 
A few laps following an e30. Thought it could be a member on here... E30 shoots a nice big flame braking into turn 5 around 8 minutes in.

http://youtu.be/t2iur8bjvP8

craz azn 10-21-2013 12:29 AM

Nice driving! What does your exhaust system consist of? Headers?

migzou 10-21-2013 08:19 PM

Thanks. Bimmerworld 3 in race exhaust and front pipe. Its light and well built but loud. Still running stock cast manifolds.

Nolimit77 10-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migzou (Post 1628508)
Thanks. Bimmerworld 3 in race exhaust and front pipe. Its light and well built but loud. Still running stock cast manifolds.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing the video. :)

migzou 10-21-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolimit77 (Post 1628511)
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing the video. :)

Saw your video on the Trillium post, very nice! I wouldn't mind trying their events but 2-day outings are tough with two young boys at home.

The best lap I managed was a 1:37.2 in the last session...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCt1gSzPyM

Nolimit77 10-21-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migzou (Post 1628535)
Saw your video on the Trillium post, very nice! I wouldn't mind trying their events but 2-day outings are tough with two young boys at home.

The best lap I managed was a 1:37.2 in the last session...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khCt1gSzPyM

Great time! *th-up* Willing to share some details on the car/tires? I know we use the same seat lol

BMXWill 10-22-2013 12:27 AM

That was awesome, great laps! I think I recall checking your car out that day as well. 245 Continentals?

migzou 10-22-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMXWill (Post 1628556)
That was awesome, great laps! I think I recall checking your car out that day as well. 245 Continentals?

Yup, 245 CTCC used Contis. My second set and I probably don't have enough spring rate or front camber for them given I am not that much faster. May try to go back to RS3s or try a new set of r-comps next year. Did you pass by with Max with the e46M?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolimit77 (Post 1628539)
Great time! *th-up* Willing to share some details on the car/tires? I know we use the same seat lol

Sure. Yeah I noticed the seat too. *th-up*
2570lbs with half tank of gas and no driver. 4 point welded in roll bar.
stock 2.5L M50NV, turner chip and BW exhaust.
3.91 race diff, stock clutch and stock flywheel.
Typical track alignment, Camber -3.5F, -2.4R, Toe 0F, 0.1R per side.
Eibach linear springs, 550lbs/in front and 600 rears on cheap HSD coilovers.
I say "cheap" more in price, they are fine as long the track is not too bumpy and have held up fine for the past two years but are more DD/track than just track dampers.
Eibach sway bars, front full stiff, rear full soft.
No aero.

Nolimit77 10-22-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migzou (Post 1628677)
Yup, 245 CTCC used Contis. My second set and I probably don't have enough spring rate or front camber for them given I am not that much faster. May try to go back to RS3s or try a new set of r-comps next year. Did you pass by with Max with the e46M?



Sure. Yeah I noticed the seat too. *th-up*
2570lbs with half tank of gas and no driver. 4 point welded in roll bar.
stock 2.5L M50NV, turner chip and BW exhaust.
3.91 race diff, stock clutch and stock flywheel.
Typical track alignment, Camber -3.5F, -2.4R, Toe 0F, 0.1R per side.
Eibach linear springs, 550lbs/in front and 600 rears on cheap HSD coilovers.
I say "cheap" more in price, they are fine as long the track is not too bumpy and have held up fine for the past two years but are more DD/track than just track dampers.
Eibach sway bars, front full stiff, rear full soft.
No aero.

How much quicker were you with the Conti's vs the RS3's? I plan on moving to wheel to wheel next year and will either run BFG R1s or Hoosier R6s. Im guessing time difference would be in the 2-3 second range between streets and premium r-comps..... ATM, My personal best timed lap is 1:35.8 on BFG Rivals, but most recently, I switched to Dunlop ZIIs and they are the best street tire I have used yet. First time back at CTMP(trillium event) with them, my optimal improved to a 1:34.6(from 1:35.5) but couldn't get a clear lap so its not "official". If you are thinking of going back to streets, I would highly recommend the ZIIs over the Rivals or RS3s as I have already tried them.

It seems our cars aren't that different other than our motors/suspension.


2587lbs w/o driver and full tank
4 point roll bar
Fairly stock m52 w/M50 manifold, clutch fan delete, a/c delete
3.15 M3 diff(stock)
Nitron coilovers w/rear coilover conversion(700#/993#)
30mm Racing dynamic front bar/ no rear bar
No Aero


What speeds were you hitting on the straight?

migzou 10-22-2013 11:47 PM

Those are great times! My top speed is between 190-192. I am not sure if it is lack of power or the short diff pushing the rpm well past the torque band in 5th or both.

I don't have a direct time to compare. Last year I ran 1:40 but the car was a good 200 lbs heavier and my day was cut short with a broken control arm in turn 1. Also this was my fourth time ever at CTMP, so times are probably dropping a bit each time even if it's been a year. On the Conti's i was still lifting slightly into 1 and 4 where IMO it wasn't needed and not carrying full speed into 2 or 8. 2-3 seconds is probably right.

Your suspension setup will be better suited for r-comps than mine!

Thanks for the tire advice.

craz azn 10-22-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolimit77 (Post 1628683)
2587lbs w/o driver and full tank
4 point roll bar
Fairly stock m52 w/M50 manifold, clutch fan delete, a/c delete
3.15 M3 diff(stock)
Nitron coilovers w/rear coilover conversion(700#/993#)
30mm Racing dynamic front bar/ no rear bar
No Aero


Your rear spring rate is not a typo at #993lbs/in?!

Nolimit77 10-23-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migzou (Post 1628689)
Those are great times! My top speed is between 190-192. I am not sure if it is lack of power or the short diff pushing the rpm well past the torque band in 5th or both.

I don't have a direct time to compare. Last year I ran 1:40 but the car was a good 200 lbs heavier and my day was cut short with a broken control arm in turn 1. Also this was my fourth time ever at CTMP, so times are probably dropping a bit each time even if it's been a year. On the Conti's i was still lifting slightly into 1 and 4 where IMO it wasn't needed and not carrying full speed into 2 or 8. 2-3 seconds is probably right.

Your suspension setup will be better suited for r-comps than mine!

Thanks for the tire advice.


I got 8 km/h on you as I hit 200 on the nose - that is worth a little more than half a second on the straight alone. Have any idea what power you make? I have been wanting to dyno my car for a long time! Diff choice is important, and I think you got the right ratio in there. Once you start making more power and hitting over 200 the 3.91 isn't what you want. I think doogee had the best gearing(3.73).

As for spring rates, no that wasn't a typo. :D It is actually a 400# spring but it is equal to 993# in the stock location. I have been trying different springs all summer and I have the front where I need it but the rear is a little stiffer than I want only because I couldn't find the springs I wanted(350#/870#). Funny thing though, my car was very balanced at the trillium with the new ZIIs vs. the Rivals. If I wasn't changing the car/tires, I would leave the springs are they are. :)

Nolimit77 10-23-2013 12:17 AM

re
 
Here is some useful info:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...s-for-drifting

craz azn 10-23-2013 12:37 AM

Ohhh okay haha. I was gonna say, #900+ in a rear coilover setup is crazy!! But #400 sounds more like it! :)

Nolimit77 10-23-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1628699)
Ohhh okay haha. I was gonna say, #900+ in a rear coilover setup is crazy!! But #400 sounds more like it! :)

I wouldn't want to drive a car with those springs! :D


Anyone else here running true coil-over conversions?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014