maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rides (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bye M3 you'll be missed :( (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157611)

crusher 05-13-2013 11:28 AM

Bye M3 you'll be missed :(

1 Attachment(s)
Traded it in for the one beside it *wave* No not the cavalier. Found out the hard way that having 3 kids with a 2 door and cramp back seat is not good for the back.

It's a 2006 M5 Silverstone Metallic II/Leder Merino/Schwarz leather, smg all stock except for the Dinan Stage 1 software upgrade that the previous owner put when they replaced the clutch, smg pump last year! BMW Canada and the other bmw dealer good will it since it wasn't on the warranty anymore. The CCC was replaced too! Good thing it went before I took delivery so the dealer replaced that, basically the navigation went blank, 3 days later they called me saying the CCC went and they replaced it.

The day I took delivery I was driving 400 north and the Nav screen starts flickering!! WTF apparently the repair shop forgot to tighten the battery, after tightening that up it's all good.

2 days and 600km's later from port perry to midland, ontario I have to say this thing is a beast and also eats gas like no tomorrow but I love it! I try not to press the M button too much, ohh man its very tempting. Pressing it and having the active seats activated on sport is a pleasure driving on winding roads, there's a lot of them in port perry hehe.

Will take some decent shots soon. Was too busy driving and forgot to even take one picture. *mumble*

Now, If only I can convince the wife to let me get another car as my DD an e39 would be a lovely pair to it.

Jeff

Sameless plug for the e46 m3 guys maybe 335 or the new m3's check my VMR VB3 rims for sale

khurram 05-13-2013 11:45 AM

Congrats on the m5. Should have sold the escalade and kept the m3 :)

crusher 05-13-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khurram (Post 1610156)
Congrats on the m5. Should have sold the escalade and kept the m3 :)

My wife will kill me if I sold the 8 seater lol. We still need it to haul around the family + in-laws. Plus it's not worth anything IMO might have a few more years before it goes.

Jeff

dbworld4k 05-13-2013 02:22 PM

Nice! Those S85s are a work of art.

Quack 05-13-2013 05:14 PM

congrats Jeff, so what's in plan for this beast, leave it stock or there will be some modding going on?

also, not sure if they will work but I think my cousin has Dinan mufflers for sale, he took over the lease to Rost's M6, after he returned the car to BMW he reinstalled the stock exhaust & that's where the Dinan set came from, going have to find out if fitment is an issue or not.

Clarence

Effay 05-13-2013 06:52 PM

M5 is so rude, oh my

crusher 05-13-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quack (Post 1610212)
congrats Jeff, so what's in plan for this beast, leave it stock or there will be some modding going on?

also, not sure if they will work but I think my cousin has Dinan mufflers for sale, he took over the lease to Rost's M6, after he returned the car to BMW he reinstalled the stock exhaust & that's where the Dinan set came from, going have to find out if fitment is an issue or not.

Clarence

Hey Clarence.. plan for now is to keep it stock. I'm hoping I find some time to do driving training at mosport and some auto-x but it's always busy on my end. Would love to have power pulleys and a nice sounding exhaust maybe a eisenmann exhaust later on.

As for the Dinan mufflers for M6, I read that it's not a direct bolt-on and requires alot of modification to get it fitted. M5 has quad muffler setup while the M6 has dual.

BTW, what is Rost driving now?

Jeff

Quack 05-13-2013 10:55 PM

Rost lives in England, over there he drives a Porsche & a SLS

Deep 3.2TL 05-14-2013 01:00 AM

Ya finally did it, eh brotha?

How's work been treating ya? I'm not at ITX anymore to help you with the notebook stuff :-(

crusher 05-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL (Post 1610285)
Ya finally did it, eh brotha?

How's work been treating ya? I'm not at ITX anymore to help you with the notebook stuff :-(

Hey Deep... Ya saw your last email from itx, glad that you found a new gig. Just call me anytime your near my area man you know my # we should go for coffee.

Jeff

1BADBMR 05-14-2013 10:08 AM

Congrads on the new Whip Jeff!

Deep 3.2TL 05-14-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crusher (Post 1610297)
Hey Deep... Ya saw your last email from itx, glad that you found a new gig. Just call me anytime your near my area man you know my # we should go for coffee.

Jeff

Will do!!

crusher 05-14-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADBMR (Post 1610299)
Congrads on the new Whip Jeff!

Thanks *wave* sweet you still have the m3? It's been awhile last I've seen your car is probably '06 or '07 Wasaga or Bimmercruize

Linz323 07-05-2013 08:51 AM

A sad day, in a way-- I hope to never be separated from my E46 M3.