maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   335xi KW V1s finally installed (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157526)

tofubomb 05-09-2013 01:23 PM

335xi KW V1s finally installed

Hey guys, finally got around to installing these bad boys after having them sit in my living room for a good 2 months!

Just a quick question for those that also have V1s installed. How low did you set the front and the back?

Also, if anyone is planning to do this setup as well I highly recommend it. I'm also open to answer any install/ride related questions.

cormier 05-09-2013 04:13 PM

How about some pix!

tofubomb 05-10-2013 10:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Sure! Here's some pics I took this morning.
I'm sure I can go maybe an inch lower front and back, but I think it's not at a bad height right now. I may even raise the back a bit, what do you think?

tofubomb 05-14-2013 01:37 PM

C'mon guys give me some advice/comments! If everyone thinks it's a good height I'm going to get my alignment done! (~13.5" to fender at front, ~13" to fender at rear)

P7X 05-14-2013 02:21 PM

Looks good man!

Equal gap around the wheel looks the best IMO

damameke 05-14-2013 02:32 PM

a little lower, front and back and with spacers,
the stance will be better...

cormier 05-14-2013 03:18 PM

Your pictures are also upside down!

matryx 05-14-2013 08:22 PM

Like what damameke said drop it a bit lower and with some spacers will make it look even better.

Just wondering how's the ride quality compared to stock?

tofubomb 05-15-2013 02:05 PM

Thanks for the responses guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormier (Post 1610358)
Your pictures are also upside down!

But it looks fine from my computer *sad*

Quote:

Originally Posted by matryx (Post 1610393)
Like what damameke said drop it a bit lower and with some spacers will make it look even better.

Just wondering how's the ride quality compared to stock?

I may have the front down another half inch, only problem may be getting over that ridge at the end of the driveway. I think the rubber bits are scraping already.

Ride quality is much better than stock xDrive IMO. xDrive suspension is floaty and there's quite a bit of travel given that it's taller than a standard RWD. Ride is closer to the sport suspension but maybe a tad stiffer. Handling feels more controllable and response is better, most likely due to the stiffness (cornering is also improved). On the average road it's not a sacrifice of comfort compared to stock. Over bumps the dampening definitely responds better, I always found stock to be very harsh and slow to return over bumps. No weird noises or grinds, clearance is good, and I can throw a hard corner pretty confidently.

Now for the alignment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by P7X (Post 1610349)
Looks good man!

Equal gap around the wheel looks the best IMO

Thanks! Yea, don't really want to have it tucked.

tofubomb 05-23-2013 10:07 AM

Okay! I've dropped the front another half inch (didn't have time to do the back) and got my alignment done. Everything in tip top shape now, drives straight and smooth!