maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The most insane thing i have seen on the road!!! (Accident related) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157306)

Eurostyle 04-29-2013 04:05 AM

The most insane thing i have seen on the road!!! (Accident related)

2 Attachment(s)
So tonight (Sunday) we were on the way back from Ottawa and at about 9:30Pm on the 401 (westbound) i see something flipping in the ditch between the lanes and come to rest in our left lane! We slow down, pass it and pull over to the right. This van is resting half way on the 401, on its side, with heavy damage! The rest was just like a movie; i tell my friends to call 911, jump out of the truck, at that point i'm the first one there, the van is still making noise and smoking (all the airbags), the area looked like an airplane crash, with parts and luggage scattered for about 50 feet, between the East and West lanes. I get to the van and help the 4 people get out from the broken sunroof, one of the youngest girls was maybe 5-6 years old. By that time more poeple are around us and helping out. My friend is on the phone with the cops, and we are looking at the map (GPS) to see exactly where we are...We check for gas leaks, all good, only oil leaking all over the 401, but no fire potential. I check again that everybody is out of the van, turns out they are all OK, with minor injuries, so we get back on the road.

Dinanstu 04-29-2013 06:38 AM

Wow, Good thing you were there. It's nice to see people helping out when people are in need. So many would just drive on by.

Good work!

**th-up**

Blackedout95 04-29-2013 07:37 AM

Wow, hope they thanked you.

parm 04-29-2013 08:30 AM

Good Job Phil !

Bullet Ride 04-29-2013 10:00 AM

Did you ask the driver what happened? Swerve to miss something and then over corrected and lost control?

Jattdee328 04-29-2013 11:53 AM

god bless them and you for doing the right thing!

SiR 04-29-2013 12:40 PM

crazy! props for stopping and helping.

accidents are pretty darn violent

Biggie 04-29-2013 01:37 PM

Wow...thats a brutal crash.

Good job in helping those poor people out Fil - anyone actually c what made the van flip ?

Eurostyle 04-29-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggie (Post 1608263)
Wow...thats a brutal crash.

Good job in helping those poor people out Fil - anyone actually c what made the van flip ?

I am sure someone in the other lanes did, but didnt have time stick around and figure that out...Was a single car accident, so most likely fell asleep, its the 2nd time i see a car flip right in front of me on the way back from Ottawa!

Dr. Flyview 04-29-2013 03:12 PM

Safe van!

SiR 04-29-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1608278)
i see a car flip right in front of me on the way back from Ottawa!

interesting. Ive done that trip a lot(north of 30 easily) over the yrs and Ive rarely seen an accident not in the winter time.

the old days it used to be clear sailing at a decent clip with a "train" of cars. just cruising a long nicely. made good time. no issues. The road is generally in good shape and straight as can be.
Now a days you have to watch your speed a bit more closely ;)

tofubomb 04-29-2013 04:18 PM

holy .. I hope that family is okay!