maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fire and theft insurance (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156757)

lucad2 04-03-2013 08:16 PM

Fire and theft insurance

Is there any insurance company that will insure my m3 just under fire and theft during the winter when it's in storage?

I just found out TD insurance no longer offered fire and theft and you will need to suspend the coverage. The payments will remain the same and I have to wait until the end of the term to get a refund. I tried calling other companies but every quote I got was double or more then TD insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbworld4k 04-03-2013 08:46 PM

I'm with TD and that's what I've been doing :S One agent told me (back in November) that I'd have to suspend it, but when I called another day and got a different agent, they did it just like in the past. I'll ask again tomorrow when I reinstate full coverage.

damameke 04-03-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucad2 (Post 1604508)
Is there any insurance company that will insure my m3 just under fire and theft during the winter when it's in storage?

I just found out TD insurance no longer offered fire and theft and you will need to suspend the coverage. The payments will remain the same and I have to wait until the end of the term to get a refund. I tried calling other companies but every quote I got was double or more then TD insurance.

Have you try RBC ? I am under comprehensive with RBC..

lucad2 04-04-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1604511)
I'm with TD and that's what I've been doing :S One agent told me (back in November) that I'd have to suspend it, but when I called another day and got a different agent, they did it just like in the past. I'll ask again tomorrow when I reinstate full coverage.

See what they say. I called 3 times today with no luck. I don't mind suspending the coverage, it's the fact that I need to pay for full coverage then they refund me my money at the end of the term.

lucad2 04-04-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damameke (Post 1604517)
Have you try RBC ? I am under comprehensive with RBC..

I've gotten a full insurance coverage with about 4k above what I pay now.

propr'one 04-04-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucad2 (Post 1604546)
See what they say. I called 3 times today with no luck. I don't mind suspending the coverage, it's the fact that I need to pay for full coverage then they refund me my money at the end of the term.

My insurance company (dominion) refunds me immediately when i suspend liability coverage. You should ask if yours can do this too. When i add liability insurance again i owe a lump sum to cover the rest of the term.

kevin325 04-04-2013 11:52 AM

I have been doing this with Allstate without any issues.

slemmer 04-04-2013 11:18 PM

same here with avivya

FermiParadox 04-05-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1604568)
My insurance company (dominion) refunds me immediately when i suspend liability coverage. You should ask if yours can do this too. When i add liability insurance again i owe a lump sum to cover the rest of the term.

This is exactly what I had with TD Meloche Monnex. In fact they gave me the choice to do this or maintain full coverage with a refund at the end of my term.

Arash 04-05-2013 01:51 AM

statefarm and have done this many times
though their service suck I wouldn't recommend them, but good rates

propr'one 04-05-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FermiParadox (Post 1604710)
This is exactly what I had with TD Meloche Monnex. In fact they gave me the choice to do this or maintain full coverage with a refund at the end of my term.

mine too. I pay by CC and get the $ back by cheque, so free cashback!

hockeyfan27 04-05-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucad2 (Post 1604508)

Is the M3 your only car or do you have a winter beater?

Many companies will allow just fire/theft coverage (aka comprehensive or specified perils) provided you have a 2nd car with road coverages (liability, accident benefits etc...) on the same policy.

R.S.C 04-05-2013 12:58 PM

I'm with TD Primmum and like most have said, have been able to which to Fire & Theft with no issues. Currently only one car on my policy.

M3speed 04-18-2013 11:03 PM

I'm with Wawanesa and do this every year with no issues

Headenmarsha 04-19-2013 07:13 AM

Spring House PA Insurance Agency -Canuso Insurance Agency is proud to serve the residents of Spring Hill Pennsylvania, Ambler, Norristown and the surrounding areas and provide to the community the most comprehensive insurance products and services.
Spring House PA Insurance Agency