maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Looking for (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WTB: E36: "Loud" exhaust for 328i (Eisenmann, UUC, B&B, etc.) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156732)

damonchoy 04-03-2013 01:25 AM

WTB: E36: "Loud" exhaust for 328i (Eisenmann, UUC, B&B, etc.)
 
Hi everyone,

The stock setup in this car is much too quiet for me. Even when I get on it, it's pretty quiet. I'm looking for a catback exhaust that will provide me with more vroom vroom noises. *rockout*

Let me know what you have. I'm not on this forum often, so you can text me at 705-nine too nine-sixzero sixfive or email me at damonchoy(at)live(dot)com.

Please contact me with your location, what exhaust you have, your asking price and if possible some pictures. I'm in Sudbury but I'm willing to travel almost anywhere in Ontario to pick it up.

Thanks,
Damon

-

Also, don't be deterred by my low post count. Like I said, I'm not on this forum often. I post under the same username on Bimmerforums (over 600 posts): http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...9317-damonchoy and on NASIOC (over 3,300 posts): http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/member.php?u=279935.

Seyar 04-03-2013 12:22 PM

have you considered m3 catback with resonator delete, another option too.

damonchoy 04-07-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyar (Post 1604399)
have you considered m3 catback with resonator delete, another option too.

I've never thought of that before. I'd consider that too, actually.

damonchoy 04-14-2013 01:38 AM

Bump!

damonchoy 04-18-2013 01:38 PM

Bump!

damonchoy 04-30-2013 03:46 PM

Still looking! :)

v_bimmer 04-30-2013 06:42 PM

Muffler delete, with a nice set of tips.

Loved it on my 540. Doing it on my m3 next week at bimmersport.

damonchoy 05-01-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_bimmer (Post 1608512)
Muffler delete, with a nice set of tips.

Loved it on my 540. Doing it on my m3 next week at bimmersport.

From what I've heard from YouTube clips, I'm not a fan of how E36s sound with muffler deletes. Too much rasp for my liking; not a very refined tone.

I do love how they sound on 540s and M5s, though. I just don't think an E36 328i would sound too great. I could be wrong, though, as I've never heard one in real life.

Sharocks 05-01-2013 10:38 PM

I've got a Gen 1 Eisenmann Race with 76mm DTM Tips, its production date is the 20th week of 2001. Has about 6k on it since new. It's at my parents house in Boston, I'm driving up with my new car to Toronto, if you want it, I could bring it up. PM me over on Bimmerforums I'm more active there if you're interested.

damonchoy 05-03-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharocks (Post 1608700)
I've got a Gen 1 Eisenmann Race with 76mm DTM Tips, its production date is the 20th week of 2001. Has about 6k on it since new. It's at my parents house in Boston, I'm driving up with my new car to Toronto, if you want it, I could bring it up. PM me over on Bimmerforums I'm more active there if you're interested.

PM sent on Bimmerforums. Very interested.

damonchoy 05-13-2013 01:58 PM

Still looking. :)

craz azn 05-13-2013 10:43 PM

Would you consider a Magnaflow? I might have a line on a complete bolt on setup, but I'd have to check as last I saw it was a few months ago.

damonchoy 05-13-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1610271)
Would you consider a Magnaflow? I might have a line on a complete bolt on setup, but I'd have to check as last I saw it was a few months ago.

Possibly, I think the biggest determining factor in that case would be the price. Let me know if you find it.

gruppusol 05-15-2013 04:06 PM

I've got an all stainless catback exhaust without the flanges; no resonator; dual in dual out; DTM style. It came out of a '97 M3 sedan. I took it out because it was too loud. I don't know the brand name however, as I said, it is stainless. $100 and it's yours.

damonchoy 05-15-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruppusol (Post 1610519)
I've got an all stainless catback exhaust without the flanges; no resonator; dual in dual out; DTM style. It came out of a '97 M3 sedan. I took it out because it was too loud. I don't know the brand name however, as I said, it is stainless. $100 and it's yours.

PM sent.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.