maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   newbie question about cruises (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156539)

rallyguy 03-24-2013 02:32 PM

newbie question about cruises

Hello just joined.

Do you guys go any cruises on a monthly basis?

I usually go every 2-3 weeks, year round ( or else I go into withdrawl)

Just went on a 12 hour cruise yesterday to Muskoka.

NO COTTAGE TRAFFIC!

Main roads are dry and clear.

windwagen 03-24-2013 06:21 PM

12 hours?!?! Did you get stuck in the snow?? ha ha

Sorry - couldn't resist

dbworld4k 03-24-2013 06:38 PM

The maxbimmer cruises, spearheaded by member Mystikal usually last the whole day from ~11ish to 9PM except for the midnight cruises (midnight to 5/6AM). These happen on a monthly basis:
  • Openning Cruise - May. Absolutely epic roads out East.
  • Midnight Cruise PT 1 - sometime in June. A very unique event that, as the name suggests, takes place at midnight and lasts til sunrise if you're a real trooper ;)
  • Midnight Cruise PT 2 - sometime in July.
  • Fall Cruise - Sept/Oct. Some of the best roads in northern GTA. My personal favourite.

There is also Canada's largest BMW event, Bimmercruise (organized by member Empowered and others) that takes place in late August. Last year's was truly incredible, being hosted at Mosport International Raceway with track events on the DDT circuit, many Sponsors, including BMW dealerships, and brought out pretty much some of the cream of the crop of modded BMWs in Ontario.

Honestly, I think we are incredibly lucky to have such amazing, long, full-day events with driving on backroads away from traffic. From what I have seen on other regional US forums, none of their events really have such a large driver involvement. They are mostly meets and parking lot gatherings; but we have those, too. Last summer Ertefa was the most insane regular car meet I have ever seen. Outside of LA/MIA scene, I think these had to be the biggest weekly car events on the continent.

Many Maxbimmer members meet on Friday nights at LaPaloma in Woodbridge as well, weather permitting.

Damn, I can't wait for warm weather now. *rockout*

propr'one 03-24-2013 07:55 PM

speaking of meets, is ertefa happening this summer again? i never made it out last year

dbworld4k 03-24-2013 08:38 PM

Damn. You missed out man. I've never seen anything like it before, they regularly cracked 1000 cars! Everything from ricers, JDM, Euros, exotics, bikes, SUVs/4x4s, everything.

Last I heard they got shut down late last summer due to a crash on HWY 7 and moved to Richmond Hill. No idea what the word is this year.

Cravingbmw 03-25-2013 08:40 PM

Been a long time lurker and i still remember seeing the Maxbimmer Wasaga cruises back in the day when i was a kid. Can't wait for the summer to begin.

cormier 03-25-2013 08:47 PM

The Ertefa Facebook page says they will be back soon. Don't know how their location problems will go this year but I hope to make it out

Mystikal 03-25-2013 09:11 PM

I'll post dates in the next week, just have to confirm my own schedule before I do. First event will be mid-May.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravingbmw (Post 1603181)
Been a long time lurker and i still remember seeing the Maxbimmer Wasaga cruises back in the day when i was a kid. Can't wait for the summer to begin.

That's awesome. There's another member here who brought his little brother to a meet back in 2003 when he was maybe 10 years old. Kid came to pretty much every event from then on, always riding in the back of his brother's cars with a huge grin on his face. Today both brothers still come to every event, but in their own BMWs.

BMe30 03-25-2013 09:36 PM

^^ awesome!

rallyguy 03-27-2013 08:53 PM

in what general area are may, june,july cruises

any idea in what general area the may, june and july cruises will take place?

dbworld4k 03-27-2013 09:29 PM

Areas of awesomeness.

jay01_brown 03-27-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1603007)
the maxbimmer cruises, spearheaded by member mystikal usually last the whole day from ~11ish to 9pm except for the midnight cruises (midnight to 5/6am). These happen on a monthly basis:
  • openning cruise - may. Absolutely epic roads out east.
  • midnight cruise pt 1 - sometime in june. A very unique event that, as the name suggests, takes place at midnight and lasts til sunrise if you're a real trooper ;)
  • midnight cruise pt 2 - sometime in july.
  • fall cruise - sept/oct. Some of the best roads in northern gta. My personal favourite.

there is also canada's largest bmw event, bimmercruise (organized by member empowered and others) that takes place in late august. Last year's was truly incredible, being hosted at mosport international raceway with track events on the ddt circuit, many sponsors, including bmw dealerships, and brought out pretty much some of the cream of the crop of modded bmws in ontario.

Honestly, i think we are incredibly lucky to have such amazing, long, full-day events with driving on backroads away from traffic. From what i have seen on other regional us forums, none of their events really have such a large driver involvement. They are mostly meets and parking lot gatherings; but we have those, too. Last summer ertefa was the most insane regular car meet i have ever seen. Outside of la/mia scene, i think these had to be the biggest weekly car events on the continent.

Many maxbimmer members meet on friday nights at lapaloma in woodbridge as well, weather permitting.

Damn, i can't wait for warm weather now. *rockout*

i love bmw and this forum