maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   First BMW! Which one? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156511)

morphinegene 03-22-2013 09:09 PM

First BMW! Which one?

Hey guys,

Two options for BMWS here.

Which bmw would you go for I am going to test drive them on Tuesday and decide. They both have same mileage, same rims, same warranty.

Choice one: 2009 BMW 328XI 4dr, grey with premium package so saddle brown leather interior, usb, bluetooth, power folding mirrors, auto dimming mirrors. AUTOMATIC.

Choice two: 2009 BMW 328XI 4dr, black with no premium package. Black leatherette and MANUAL transmission.

The premium package saddle brown leather automatic bmw is 1500-2000 dollars more. Is it worth it??? I prefer the color and the interior but want to know if theres a big difference.

Thanks so much!!!

Revision2 03-25-2013 10:14 AM

Whether or not it's going to be worth it will be a bit subjective to be honest as it will depend largely on what you want out of your car. If it were me, I'd probably go for the first one because I'd want the USB, Bluetooth, auto-dimming mirrors, and need the automatic cause my wife needs to be able to drive the thing too. There will be plenty of members that will probably say go with the manual just because they are rare compared to automatics and a more "pure" driver's car simply because it has less gadgets.

One thing you should consider though is to look for one with a sport package because the sport seats are awesome! Seriously, go to a dealership and try them out.

Barnsdale 03-25-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revision2 (Post 1603076)
Whether or not it's going to be worth it will be a bit subjective to be honest as it will depend largely on what you want out of your car. If it were me, I'd probably go for the first one because I'd want the USB, Bluetooth, auto-dimming mirrors, and need the automatic cause my wife needs to be able to drive the thing too. There will be plenty of members that will probably say go with the manual just because they are rare compared to automatics and a more "pure" driver's car simply because it has less gadgets.

One thing you should consider though is to look for one with a sport package because the sport seats are awesome! Seriously, go to a dealership and try them out.

+1 - find something with sport seats! I made the mistake of not on my first BMW and ended up regretting it, I now have a 1 series with full sport and premium.

I would prefer the extra features and automatic for that model.

Also - take out the 128i if you haven't already, its way better then the 3 series! *rockout*

cormier 03-25-2013 11:31 AM

Manual to me matters more than whatever other options the auto has. I would wait until you get all the eggs you're lookin for in one basket

Jonas007 03-25-2013 06:58 PM

Option C) 2008 335i manual. I just got one a week ago, traded my 2002 911 + 2006 325 XIT for the 335i plus cash, and loving the decision.

MrMopar 06-07-2013 11:50 AM

FWIW, as a newb myself, I'd go with the auto + premium package.

We just bought a 2009 328i xdrive w Sport, Exec, premium, sound and saddle brown leather and it's beautiful. You'll wish you had the primo interior - that's where you live in the thing. Also - my personal opinion is black on black is overdone.

+1 on the sport seats.

With the auto in 'sport' mode, it really changes the way the car shifts and feels wrt to acceleration.

Try them both (or check in Halifax for more selection)

Good luck !